Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2015, 14:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: West Bengal to Rajasthan Road Trip to celebrate New Year’s Eve

What a lovely + detailed travelogue!

The Bhangarh Fort post particularly interested me. I have heard so much about this place, but haven't experienced it in person yet. So basically who are the ones responsible for locking the Fort at night? They must be having several interesting stories to tell. Your narration (and experience of the foul smell) has gotten me all inquisitive - now for some more study about this

Last edited by S2!!! : 16th April 2015 at 14:19.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 15:15   #17
BHPian

A drive of a lifetime! Unimaginable normally but achieved with lot of guts and of course a great support from your partner. After going through the detailed travelogue I have lost words of praise.

We have completed a trip to Vizag Araku at the end of the year in 4 days and were thinking it is quite a hectic drive to munch 2000 odd kms in 4 days, you can find the same here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...zag-araku.html

But after seeing your schedule it seems that we might have travelled more in the days we had.

I do agree with Samba the any one could have backed off without a backup driver or another car in the team.

We were planning for a Rajasthan trip for next year and it seems we would not be requiring any help other than your Travelogue.
Thanks again for sharing such a meticulously drafted and beautifully pictured Travelogue.
SouraC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 15:33   #18
BHPian

Excellent travelogue, with beautiful pictures. It would have been a delight for you to meet the BHPians en-route. Really liked your way of travelling with the cook-anywhere stove IMO Figo is one of the most responsive hatch, looks great with those fog lamps. 5031 kms in 9 days! Well, your figo truly deserves a LIVE TO DRIVE sticker.
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 15:40   #19
BHPian

Awesome trip, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Booking were done online using Rajasthan Tourism Website a month before the trip.
Based on personal experience RTDC, without doubt, is best bet across Rajasthan.

Quote:
Attachment 1360206
On the way to Mt Abu from Udaipur
West Bengal to Rajasthan Road Trip to celebrate New Year’s Eve-imag0596.jpg

That is an AWESOME stretch of road, with very thin traffic. The above picture is from a solo trip a few years ago.

Last edited by sidhu_hs : 16th April 2015 at 16:09.
sidhu_hs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 22:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice one there. Makes me nostalgic about my trip a few years ago. I had taken a slightly different route though - went in through Orchha-Bundi-Udaipur and came back via Agra (no pun intended). Skipped Jaisalmer altogether, leaving it aside for "another time".
The cooking stove looks like a good idea. Thanks. I normally take those portable cylinder ones. But they are bulky. This looks more slim.
You would have done well to spend a night in Kumbhalgarh. That particular fort is spectacular at night with the lights and all.
But looks like you enjoyed. So
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 00:32   #21

Awesome drive and an excellent journey written wonderfully. Loved the photography and the detailed around those pictures. 5000+ KM's in 9 days is not a easy feat to achieve but you crushed the impossible without any sign of fatigue. Keep the spirit high brother !!!
Fly8843 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 10:56   #22
BHPian

Mind blowing drive brother . Both the write up and the journey looks very tempting. You have made travelling from one end to the other look like a piece of cake(that too in a hatch not SUV). And above all, your(both you and your wife) strength to endure 5000+ kms journey in 9 days is mind blowing. Do have some doubts though -

Quote:
The stove works on Butane canisters/Propane canisters. Butane canisters are not readily available hence I used Propane canisters. Refilling cost of one canister is Rs. 35/-. It is advisable to use Butane canisters. One cartridge last for around 3 hours of continuous cooking.
Is it really safe and reliable to carry these canisters? And how good are the options to refill them on route?

Quote:
Few important things that we packed for our Mega Road Trip:
Please do mention non-car related stuff that you think one must carry. It will help amateur travellers like me

Mod note: Post edited. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th April 2015 at 07:43. Reason: Spelling mistake
ANewExperience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 16:50   #23
BHPian

This is supercool Lovecars21. Salute you and your better half for taking up this journey and completing it. Must have been one of a kind experience.

I personally am a big fan of trips like this, but however have not managed more than 1500 KM due to 'N' number of reasons.

I am from Kulti (Curently located in Trivandrum) and its great to know BHPians from near about places. I will be back home during Durga Puja. May be we can hook up over "Cha-Cigarette" on the Byepass. Will also have a look out for a while Figo with a Team-BHP sticker whenever I am there.
globemaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 18:06   #24
BHPian

For many years I kept thinking that I will do these wonderful long road trips one day when I have a bigger car, preferably a SUV. Now after reading your account and some others recently I feel that the main requirement is of a spirit that wants to go out. And on most of our roads, a hatchback will do just fine.

This gives me encouragement to plan out a road trip of mine too. May be I will ping you for some pointers as I plan. Thank you for this wonderful and detailed travelogue!
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 22:44   #25
BHPian

Unbelievable...And awesome again. Really an inspiration for us small car owners. Also great pics. Fitting so many places within our itinerary must have been hectic, again with a great co-driver and the Figo must be what makes you say
[quote=lovecars21;3686565]Last day of our trip and we woke up late. Had 1085 kms to drive back and still we were relaxed.

Also the beautiful narration and pictures makes this one of the best Tl's i have read.

Hope to meet you next time i am in Kulti. Will definitely get in touch and get some pointers from you.
shantonob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 01:25   #26
BHPian

Very Detailed and crisp travelogue , I recently did Hyderabad to Asansol (yet to pen it down) .Great snaps to describe the landscape . Its always great to see WB38 vehicles conquer all roads . I would get in touch with you as I am planning a Hyderabad > Rajasthan my self.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 13:33   #27
BHPian

A very detailed review Arunashish and kudos to you!! I am truly getting inspired to do a north india trip in my dzire "delix's dzire" this October '15. Will surely get in touch with you before that. Doing Asansol to Agra in a day is itself a feat you have acheived.
delix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 23:24   #28
BHPian

Fabulous journey and superb travelogue out there sir. Congrats on doing this daunting trip which a few people will dare to try. That 'cook-anywhere' stove clearly indicates that you are a nomad under leashes. Great photo editing in some of the photos, I must say. Would love to hear some more about the 'haunting' fort.

The Figo took the journey greatly. The perfect getaway hatch IMO.

BTW which Kolkata BHPian owns the Fiesta? Booked one, so would love to know. Sorry for going OT.

Cheers,
Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 17:45   #29
BHPian

Finally the epic trip gets its own TL. Fantastic feat Arunashish. Driving over 1K KMs in a day is seriously daunting. How do manage to keep your back from cramping up ? Any specific lumbar support ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
BTW which Kolkata BHPian owns the Fiesta? Booked one, so would love to know.
Neel, that Fiesta belongs to Saby da (XetaGLGRocks). Premjit owns a fabulous blue Fiesta. And congrats on your new purchase.
Burn_out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 22:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
So basically who are the ones responsible for locking the Fort at night?
Thank you for liking my TL. The Fort is locked daily by security guards who have received strict orders from Court and Police. If anyone is found within the fort compound after sunset shall be imprisoned for 5 years and strict action will be taken against the security guard on duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewExperience View Post
Do have some doubts though - Is it really safe and reliable to carry these canisters? And how good are the options to refill them on route?

Please do mention non-car related stuff that you think one must carry. It will help amateur travellers like me
From my experience I had four propane filled canisters for this trip. I didn't face any issue with them. Just note to keep them away from direct sunlight and any leakage if found to be checked before the trip. You can refill them in any shop where Propane/Butane gas is refilled in lighters.

I am attaching an excel sheet with list of medicines and essentials that I carry during road trips. List of items to take on road trips Team-bhp.xlsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
BTW which Kolkata BHPian owns the Fiesta? Booked one, so would love to know. Sorry for going OT.

Cheers,
Neel
Thanks Neel. As Burn_out mentioned in his comment. Sabyasachi Da (XetaGLGRocks) and Premjit have Fiesta. You can get in touch with them for further details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
How do manage to keep your back from cramping up ? Any specific lumbar support ?
Burn_out thanks for your comments. Truly speaking I didn't face any issue with my back. The seats of my Figo are perfect for long drives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks