Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2015, 17:20   #31
BHPian

Re: West Bengal to Rajasthan Road Trip to celebrate New Year’s Eve

Arunashish, this is indeed one of the best travelogues I have ever seen. Very crisp, very detailed, and amazing photographs. Seriously, the travel bug is alive again. Seems all roads lead to Rajasthan now. Obviously, I will make it a point to SKIP Bhangarh. Not exactly my cup of tea. But the rest of the tour seriously, excellent.
XetaGLGRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 17:47   #32
BHPian

Dear lovecars21,

Wonderful Trip!!. Wanted to know how did you fix the fogs to your bumper, as highlighted in the below pic. Please elaborate . Pics would be helpful.

Thank-you.
Attached Thumbnails
West Bengal to Rajasthan Road Trip to celebrate New Year’s Eve-fogs1.jpg  

G V Krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:40   #33
BHPian

What a well documented travelogue! Very well described with the pictures, maps and gists for each day. I kept exlaiming "beautiful" as I scrolled through the well clicked snaps. To be able to drive around and spend enough time to explore the places adequately is a perfect mix which was done very well. Kudos!

This revived my dream for a drive to the south.

Lovely planning and execution. Hope you go for many more drives and share those experiences here.
navsjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 19:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
Arunashish, this is indeed one of the best travelogues I have ever seen. Very crisp, very detailed, and amazing photographs. Seriously, the travel bug is alive again. Seems all roads lead to Rajasthan now. Obviously, I will make it a point to SKIP Bhangarh. Not exactly my cup of tea. But the rest of the tour seriously, excellent.
Thanks for your feedback Saby da. Bhangarh is a lifetime experience. I would suggest everyone to visit atleast once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
Dear lovecars21,

Wonderful Trip!!. Wanted to know how did you fix the fogs to your bumper, as highlighted in the below pic. Please elaborate . Pics would be helpful.

Thank-you.
GV Krishna, if you check below the car you will find there are three screws which hold the wind deflector. I used it to fit my fog lamp bar. I am attaching a picture of those screws.
West Bengal to Rajasthan Road Trip to celebrate New Year’s Eve-image.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
What a well documented travelogue! Very well described with the pictures, maps and gists for each day. I kept exlaiming "beautiful" as I scrolled through the well clicked snaps. To be able to drive around and spend enough time to explore the places adequately is a perfect mix which was done very well. Kudos!

This revived my dream for a drive to the south.

Lovely planning and execution. Hope you go for many more drives and share those experiences here.
Thanks a lot navsjab for your comment. Its lovely to get such feedbacks for my TL.
lovecars21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 23:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post

I used it to fit my fog lamp bar. I am attaching a picture of those screws...

Thanks lovecars21. Needed that info as i'm planning to fix HELLA FF50 on my Figo.
Old 28th April 2015, 16:33   #36
BHPian

Sorry for being late in replying brother. Wonderful articulation, crisp and great photographs. It was so nice meeting you in Asansol, enjoyed that 30 mins and the couple of smokes. And coming back to Bhangarh, since I was doing that stretch at around 7.30 pm, that too alone, didn't have the guts to explore. Ghost or no ghost, for sure I would have been a very lucrative month's ration for the tigers/ leopards of Sariska , who might have decided to take a leisurely evening stroll in the fort area ( at least some articles from google said so).

Last edited by me_sid : 28th April 2015 at 16:35.
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 19:26   #37
BHPian

Raising a toast to you brother for does this drive in such a short span of time !! Excellent write up with some phenomenally good photographs. Kudos to you !!

Three things crossed my mind while reading through your travelogue and would like to ask you about them :

1.) The Extra Set of Fog Lights that you have installed are connected with the current ones and they all illuminate together with one switch (in one go) or have you used the another spare switch provided by Ford on the Figo ?
2.) The portable stove looks interesting and want to know from where did you procure this and at what cost ?
3.) The spare wheel provided by Ford is not an Alloy Rim ? Saw the black metal rims installed in a couple of the snaps on the rear right of your Figo ?

Thanks again for the wonderful contribution. It will come in handy when we plan our trip on our Figo in the future.
Old 3rd May 2015, 08:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Sorry for being late in replying brother. Wonderful articulation, crisp and great photographs. It was so nice meeting you in Asansol, enjoyed that 30 mins and the couple of smokes.
Thanks Sid da for loving the TL. It was indeed wonderful to spend time with you. You are "ONE MAN IN STYLE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post

Three things crossed my mind while reading through your travelogue and would like to ask you about them :

1.) The Extra Set of Fog Lights that you have installed are connected with the current ones and they all illuminate together with one switch (in one go) or have you used the another spare switch provided by Ford on the Figo ?
2.) The portable stove looks interesting and want to know from where did you procure this and at what cost ?
3.) The spare wheel provided by Ford is not an Alloy Rim ? Saw the black metal rims installed in a couple of the snaps on the rear right of your Figo ?

Thanks again for the wonderful contribution. It will come in handy when we plan our trip on our Figo in the future.
Arav, thanks for the appreciation.
1) I had connected the Four Fog lamps to the fuse box through a two way switch. When I switch it on first two fogs glow then second click on the switch all the four fogs glow. I did not tamper any wiring of Figo's lights while fitting those fogs. The extra rear fog lamp switch provided by the company has already been connected to my rear fog lamps which I had installed a year back.

2) The portable stove was purchased from ebay.in for Rs. 1,997/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Portable-Camp...item43d46c4023

3) The spare wheel provided with Figo Titanium is not an alloy.
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 11:59   #39
BHPian

Fantastic write up and excellent pictures .
Loved reading your travelogue so much. I have planned this trip next year and probably will pm you or ask you few questions in this thread.
Keep traveling and keep writing such outstanding photo-stories

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 5th May 2015 at 12:05.
ultimatechamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 23:14   #40
BHPian

Excellent travelogue. Pictures do lot of talking. Amazing run of 1000 plus kms in a day.

How was the stay experience in RTDC hotels.
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 05:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
How was the stay experience in RTDC hotels.
RTDC hotels are good in that region. The facilities provided by them are basic but good.
Old 13th August 2015, 14:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

@lovecars21 - what are the check-in/check-out timings of RTDC hotels ? Is it 24 hrs ?

I did not find the information on the RTDC website.
Old 6th November 2015, 19:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
@lovecars21 - what are the check-in/check-out timings of RTDC hotels ? Is it 24 hrs ?

I did not find the information on the RTDC website.
Sorry for the late reply. The check in time for RTDC hotels are 11:00 am and check out time is 10:00 am.

You can check in anytime. I had checked in at Motel Devgarh at 11:00 PM as we were late. They had kept the room ready for us.
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks