Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 20:56   #16
M35
BHPian

Re: A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Hi M35, lovely photographs. The night shots look similar to Guangzhou, i guess all of the Chinese cities have similar lightning.
Thanks anshuman. Agree with you on the lighting.
Here is one night shot taken some 3 years back @ Tianjin.
A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-8.jpg

And this one @ Chongqing.
A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_3388.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
Great photos.. couldn't believe they are out of a Sigma 150-500. So sharp.
Thanks Ddrive.
Third time got lucky.
Yes, this copy yields acceptably sharp images but needs good light. I am thinking of getting a Tamron 150-600 for better reach on a FF body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicLife View Post
please post some photos to get the mood of the city and its culture.
Sure.
Meanwhile please do check out this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ive-china.html

Coming back to Hua Yan, this large golden Buddha overlooks the whole place. This is what you see once you enter the large front gate.

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_00012.jpg

Some common sights captured infront of the Golden Buddha @ Hua yan.

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_0283ed2.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_1642.jpg
M35 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 23:23   #17
BHPian

Beautiful shots M35. The close up shots are absolutely stunning. To a photography novice like me, you'd be nothing short of a pro. Given your passion for this, am sure this must be a great stress buster. Keep it going mate.
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 00:22   #18

Brilliant photography M35. These pictures speak a 1000 words and brings life to each and evry frame. The close ups a breath taking, especially the close up of the Bee. Beautiful depiction of life and the city landscape. Let them flow.
Fly8843 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 12:23   #19
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Beautiful shots M35.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly8843 View Post
Brilliant photography M35.
Thanks abhii176 & Fly8843. Glad that you liked my pictures.

After a couple of rounds of walk, these benches are definitely a boon.
A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_2815.jpg

I love these tiny little birds and love getting closer to them to capture their expressions. It's quite challenging to shoot these at proximity but that is exactly what drives me out with my camera whenever there is some free time available.

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_0499.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_1963.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_53483.jpg

Last edited by M35 : 1st May 2015 at 12:39. Reason: Missing attachment uploaded
Old 1st May 2015, 14:04   #20
BHPian

Lovely! The pictures are just fantabulous!

In awe of your skills, I am glued. Keep it coming M35!
vinayrathore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 08:09   #21
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Keep it coming M35!
Thanks vinayrathore.

A few more macros !

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-13.jpg
This one was taken with a 50mm on an extension tube + D7000

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_831023.jpg
A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_34472nd.jpg
A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_872422.jpg

And more action @ Hua Yan !
A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_13972.jpg
A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_1398.jpg

Edit: Click on the images for a better view !

Last edited by M35 : 2nd May 2015 at 08:12.
M35 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 09:00   #22
BHPian

Interesting and thanks for sharing.
Chongqing came into prominence as the biggest beneficiary of the Three Gorges Project. It came into news again during the Bo Xilai affair, the biggest political scandal to have rocked China in the recent times when Bo, a budding Chinese star politician was booked for various crimes.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 19:05   #23
BHPian

Hi M35, nice to see a Team-Bhpian in China? How long have you been here? I live in Nanjing. Been here for a little over 3 years now. I drive a VW like almost every other car owner here . I wonder how many other bhpians live in China?
Theyota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 19:36   #24
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyota View Post
Hi M35, nice to see a Team-Bhpian in China? How long have you been here?
8 Years and counting.
Quote:
I live in Nanjing. Been here for a little over 3 years now. I drive a VW like almost every other car owner here.
Just been there once, that too way back in 2008.
Quote:
Been here for a little over 3 years now. I drive a VW like almost every other car owner here.

Never drove a car in China. Didn’t have the guts to go through the hassle of getting a Chinese driving license here. Don’t speak Chinese as well.

Quote:
I wonder how many other bhpians live in China?
Not many I guess. Moderator .anshuman used to be in Guangzhou for a while I thought.

Last edited by M35 : 2nd May 2015 at 19:37.
Old 5th May 2015, 11:59   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Moderator .anshuman used to be in Guangzhou for a while I thought.
I frequently visit Guangzhou on business trips, roughly 3-4 times/year, 60-70 days/year.

Some pictures from Guangzhou, January 2015.

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-01dsc00193.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-02dsc00212.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-03dsc00205.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-04dsc00213.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-05dsc00221.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-06dsc00228.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-07dsc00199.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-08dsc00201.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-09dsc00204.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-10dsc00223.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-11dsc00225.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-12dsc00230.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-13dsc00250.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-14dsc00251.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-15dsc00266.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-16dsc00272.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-17dsc00275.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-18dsc00067.jpg
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 11:22   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Hi M35, lovely photographs. The night shots look similar to Guangzhou, i guess all of the Chinese cities have similar lightning.
So true. I felt like i was watching pics from Dalian where i had visited in 2011.
Old 8th May 2015, 16:39   #27
BHPian

Beautiful pictures and excellent narration! We often overlook the places we spend most of our time. You just filled that gap. Great thinking!

People outside China, especially I guess we Indians, know very little about China. Thanks for bring the beautiful city, which is apparently not in any popular Chinese tourist circuit, to us. Many thanks for that.
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 20:39   #28
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Beautiful pictures and excellent narration! We often overlook the places we spend most of our time. You just filled that gap. Great thinking!
Thanks. Sorry for the late response though.

Adding some more images from a recent shoot.

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_0639.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_1315.c.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_088310.jpg

A Photo Walk through Chongqing: In search of Nature amidst skyscrapers-dsc_1055-2.jpg
M35 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks