Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 10:53   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Weekend drive to Kurseong and Darjeeling in a Mahindra Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Thanks BlackPearl. Excellent pictures and narrative as usual. You seem to belong to the place more than me!

I love the Peskhok road. Reminds me of the good old days when vehicles used to be fewer.

Can you please elaborate what you did not like (initially) of the way the Thar was handling, compared to the Bolero?

Thanks once again.
Thanks a lot Johy.

Regarding the characteristics of the Thar compared to the Bolero, I am not sure I will be able to explain properly but I will give it a try.
1>Suppose I am in 3rd gear and approaching a mild turn and I don't need to downshift but gently tap the brakes going into the turn. Suddenly the rpm shoots up and the vehicle tries to accelerate even though I am on the brakes. The same thing happens in downhill situations. This is a bit unnerving at first and takes some time getting used to.
2>Also in the plains the turbo does not seem to kick in aggressively, but in the hills it feels as if the turbo is working overtime. One more thing is on some of the inclines I feel the bolero could have pulled in second gear but the Thar needed first gear to negotiate the climb.
3>The transition from second gear to first gear is much smoother in the Bolero, double de-clutch, give a bit of rev and slot to first. But no matter what I do in the Thar the transition is always jerky and hesitant.

Hope experts can comment on my observations.
BlackPearl is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks