Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2015, 08:24   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstaAddict View Post
That's an incredible feat Arun!! Kudos. I know The Linea drives well but this much, I did not expect. A true testimony to Beauty with Brains.
Thanks AstaAddict! Yes, I agree.
Quote:
Kausani is an amazing place to be in. I visited it in August 2013 on my Royal Enfield Classic and the high & curvy roads were simply amazing to drive through. Did you happen to visit the Tea Gardens? This is one major attraction there.
Yes, superb roads. We had plans for tea gardens but then we decided to relax as it was little far from where we stayed.
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:16   #62
BHPian

Re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Now that's what you call a a road trip! Kudos to you Arun, that's one hell of a journey you undertook. And with 2 kids in tow as well, am in awe of you!
Have always loved the highway manners of my Punto, so I think I should start planning a long trip as well. Maybe not a 7k one though! Cheers mate.
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:11   #63
BHPian

This is an amazing trip.

You said that high ground clearance helped in some of the really bad stretches. Did you scrape the bottom at any time? Were there stretches that you had to be really careful about ground clearance? Thanks!
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:29   #64

Amazing travelogue and I am pleasantly surprised to see such a great performance from Fiat. My conception about this Italian car was entirely different.

Great work and TFS
cks3976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 08:09   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Now that's what you call a a road trip! Kudos to you Arun,
Thanks abhii176!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
This is an amazing trip.

You said that high ground clearance helped in some of the really bad stretches. Did you scrape the bottom at any time? Were there stretches that you had to be really careful about ground clearance? Thanks!
Yes, the 5Kms NO roads stretch near baspur was very bad. I saw a honda city hit its bottom badly. I was very careful and escaped without any hits/touches here.

Then the route that we took to kausani from Ranikhet also had few bad stretches. Once there was a minor contact.

And the first thing the Ford endevour guy said after meeting him for the second time was, he does this route frequently and he was surprised seeing us doing this stretch without any issues. There is a alternate good route though to avoid this stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cks3976 View Post
Amazing travelogue and I am pleasantly surprised to see such a great performance from Fiat. My conception about this Italian car was entirely different.

Great work and TFS
I had the same thoughts before owning a Fiat. But after 48K Kms of experience till now, my perception has changed. If you go around this forum, you can see Lineas/Puntos doing even tougher terrains.

You can find my ownership experience here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...00-kms-up.html
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 16:54   #66
BHPian

Super Duper Trip Arun Sir. Specially with the family being supportive through out the journey. The Mammoth drive was seriously impressive.

Sir which was the route u took from Jaipur to Shirdi..
alfaromeo1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 17:21   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cks3976 View Post
My conception about this Italian car was entirely different.
True CKS,
I too was initially skeptical and did hunt seriously for alternatives even though I liked the car, however eventually bought it as the car definitely is VFM in my opinion and the complete evaluation process can me found in the below thread. Also the car is pretty fine on the generic question " kitna dethi hai" which is illustrated by the chart with historical data showing an average of 17+ kmpl.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160950

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 23rd May 2015 at 17:28.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 22:22   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeo1984 View Post
Super Duper Trip Arun Sir. Specially with the family being supportive through out the journey. The Mammoth drive was seriously impressive.

Sir which was the route u took from Jaipur to Shirdi..
Thanks alfaromeo1984! Here is the route that we took from Jaipur to Shirdi,

Kishangarh -> Chittorgarh BP -> Neemuch -> Ratlam -> Lebad -> Sendhwa -> Dhule -> Malegaon -> Shirdi.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 23:19   #69

Loved reading your post. truly epic journey. Its on my bucket list. Congrats again.
NNair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 22:32   #70

I spent over an hour reading your post twice. It is a very beautifully put together archive which will enthrall for years to come. Many congratulations on having completed such a long journey successfully. It is amazing to see the composure that all 4 of you showed during this whole trip. Kudos to the boys for their patience. You have a wonderful and supportive family.

And my respects to the guts you have to do such a trip! Someday, maybe someday I will think of attempting the same. And it is a tribute to the underdog Linea which has served you so well. A great product from Fiat which is sadly undermined by Fiat's own lazy attitude. May you have many more bonding times with this car and family.

I will read your post again in a couple of days to get another perspective. Congrats again.
aquashankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 08:42   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNair View Post
Loved reading your post. truly epic journey. Its on my bucket list. Congrats again.
Thanks NNair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquashankar View Post
I spent over an hour reading your post twice. It is a very beautifully put together archive which will enthrall for years to come. Many congratulations on having completed such a long journey successfully. It is amazing to see the composure that all 4 of you showed during this whole trip. Kudos to the boys for their patience. You have a wonderful and supportive family.
Thanks a lot for your very kind words, aquashankar. Yes, it is impossible to do this kind of trips without family support, especially the kids.
Old 25th May 2015, 22:58   #72
BHPian

Awesome travelogue Arun. Considering your younger one is not 3 yet, this is an amazing feat. Hats off to your wife as well for managing the trip. This will give a lot of confidence to similar couples who are in two minds to do such long trips. Thanks for sharing again.
sami316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 18:31   #73
BHPian

Awesome drive bro!

A lot of us are jealous I'm sure, of your awesome summer vacation! I'm also sure you have inspired a lot of us to undertake such driving holidays we thought were impossible!

It does take some courage to get back on the road after the shunt you had in your previous Dzire! You're also inspiring us all to learn from our experiences and not to get bogged down when challenges are thrown at us!

Saluting a true blue BHPian!!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 10:01   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Awesome travelogue Arun. Considering your younger one is not 3 yet, this is an amazing feat. Hats off to your wife as well for managing the trip. This will give a lot of confidence to similar couples who are in two minds to do such long trips. Thanks for sharing again.
Thanks a lot sami316!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Awesome drive bro!

A lot of us are jealous I'm sure, of your awesome summer vacation! I'm also sure you have inspired a lot of us to undertake such driving holidays we thought were impossible!

It does take some courage to get back on the road after the shunt you had in your previous Dzire! You're also inspiring us all to learn from our experiences and not to get bogged down when challenges are thrown at us!

Saluting a true blue BHPian!!

Thanks a lot, Geo_Ipe.
Anyone can do this trip with family as long as you all are an adventurous bunch and do a bit of well-researched planning.

On my accident with Dzire, I just took it as a bad dream and proceeded ahead, no point in getting bogged down and missing out on the rest of the journeys that life takes you on.
Old 28th May 2015, 12:16   #75
BHPian

Kudos Bro!

I should also say a big thanks not just for this brilliant travelogue but also for giving a confidence booster to undertake such trips. I too am planning to a similar trip (some thing like Trivandrum - Leh - Kanyakumari ) and share your experience with my wife to convince her.

2 months back we too did a similar marathon run from Goa to trivandrum via Bangalore - Madurai and can clearly understand your thrill.

Just one question mate, you and your better half shared the driving wheel or was it you all along ?
arunmichael is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks