Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 13:32   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Eventful Day 0 and Day1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Arun, Superb road trip, Excellent travelogue and pictures, amazing family - to do it with young children is never easy
Had a question on your timings - start at 4am from Bangalore and by 1:15pm you were at Satara, that's a lot of distance you covered! The 10 minute break for the packed breakfast was the only stop during this time ?
I'm asking since I wanted to get an approximate idea when one can reach Belgaum if starting at 4am from Bangalore. For a contrast, what if the start is 4pm from Bangalore ? Assume weekdays for both.
Hi NPV, quoting you here with the same inputs that I responded your PM for the benefit of others too:

Quote:
Belgaum will need anything between 6 and 7 hours based on driving style and breaks. Nothing more than this even with sedate driving speeds.

4PM departure means you should reach by 10pm or 11pm max.

The advantage of starting at 4AM would be time taken to get out of Bangalore and the distance one will get to travel till 8am. This would be phenomenal without even clocking very fast speeds.

My usual 4am starts, I manage Belgaum in 6.5 Hours easily with a breakfast break at Kamat Ranebennur. My speeds are between 100-120kmph and steady at that based on merit of roads and the time of the day/night and sectors.

On doing Bangalore-Mumbai in a day - Many first timers have this apprehension but let me tell you that you can easily do this if you manage to start at 4:00am from your home (There are many examples here on this forum itself)

4:00am - Bangalore
7:00am - Davanagere
7:45am - Kamat, Ranebennur
9:00am - Hubli Bypass
9:30am - Bypass exit
11:00am - Belgaum
12:30 pm - Kolhapur
1:00 pm - Lunch at Sai International
3:30 pm - Pune Bypass
4:00 pm - Expressway Entry
5:30 pm - Panvel
6:30 pm - Your final destination in Mumbai.

The first 600 kms are going to extremely troublefree and easy for both your hands (No honking or steering movements) and legs (Just the throttle and nothing else - well, seems exaggerating but then its almost like this!).

After Kolhapur, the next 220 kms till Pune will be messy in terms of misc traffic that can irritate you along with little to longer waits at 4 toll booths.

Again the expressway would be fun to drive and peaceful all the way till Vashi assuming the gridlocks after the recent landslides would be fixed in weeks to come

Last edited by paragsachania : 18th August 2015 at 13:52.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 17:13   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Eventful Day 0 and Day1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Arun, Superb road trip, Excellent travelogue and pictures, amazing family - to do it with young children is never easy
Had a question on your timings - start at 4am from Bangalore and by 1:15pm you were at Satara, that's a lot of distance you covered! The 10 minute break for the packed breakfast was the only stop during this time ?
I'm asking since I wanted to get an approximate idea when one can reach Belgaum if starting at 4am from Bangalore. For a contrast, what if the start is 4pm from Bangalore ? Assume weekdays for both.
Thanks NPV!!

Apart from the 10min breakfast stop, there was another 10min stop to stretch our legs and then fuel stop. Its a awesome stretch till MH entry, you can keep going at 100-120 apart from the toll booths.

Hubli bypass is a 30Kms 2L stretch, but a superb one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hi NPV, quoting you here with the same inputs that I responded your PM for the benefit of others too:
As usual a very detailed update

Last edited by arun_josie : 18th August 2015 at 17:24.
Old 18th August 2015, 17:31   #93
BHPian

Re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Awesome travelogue. Read it in one go.

Any tour becomes memorable because of the good company one gets. A 7k road trip with two little kids, truly hats off!

Lot of input and courage from this travelogue for "family men" to explore long distance places with kids. Thanks for sharing.
Nempuguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 07:10   #94
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks NPV!!

Apart from the 10min breakfast stop, there was another 10min stop to stretch our legs and then fuel stop. Its a awesome stretch till MH entry, you can keep going at 100-120 apart from the toll booths.

Hubli bypass is a 30Kms 2L stretch, but a superb one.
Thanks guys!
You have given me the confidence to try a direct Bangalore-Mumbai (well it may end up Bangalore-Pune as we may have to stop over there) but a 4am or earlier start is a given
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 21:05   #95
BHPian

Hi Arun,

Can you please detail the route which you took from Jaipur - Shirdi - Pune ?
Old 19th September 2015, 22:10   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Hi Arun,

Can you please detail the route which you took from Jaipur - Shirdi - Pune ?
This is the route,
Jaipur - Kishangarh - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Neemuch - Ratlam - Lebad - Sendhwa - Dhule - Malegaon - Shirdi - Ahmednagar - Pune.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 06:59   #97

Bangalore-Ranikhet-Kathmandu-pokhara-Siliguri-Gangtok-Nathula-Bangalore -Please advice

Hi all

I am planning to drive from bangalore to ranikhet

27th Feb Bangalore
29th Feb Ranikhet
29th-5th March Ranikhet
6th March Ranikhet to Sunauli(Nepal)
6th March till 8th April-- explore river rafting and adventure activities in nepal
9th April Kathmandu to Kalimpong
10th April Kalimpong
11th April Gangtok
12th April Nathula pass- Gangtok
13th April Gangtok-Varanasi-Jabalpur-Nagpur-Hyderabad-Bangalore(16th April)

Please advise on the tips on travelling in nepal, and any other route specific advise. How are the road conditions
Old 16th February 2016, 08:13   #98
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore-Ranikhet-Kathmandu-pokhara-Siliguri-Gangtok-Nathula-Bangalore -Please advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurebharat View Post
Hi all

I am planning to drive from bangalore to ranikhet
For Bangalore - Ranikhet: You can look at this log by Arun.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nyakumari.html
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 09:01   #99

Re: Bangalore-Ranikhet-Kathmandu-pokhara-Siliguri-Gangtok-Nathula-Bangalore -Please advice

Hi
Thank you so much for your immediate response

I do that road from bangalore to vapi atleast twice a month, and I have already done twice on that route till dharamshala once and

Badarinath-rishikesh-moradabad-agra-nagpur-hyderabad-bangalore once.

I want more information and guidance on
  1. ranikhet-sunauli route
  2. kathmandu-siliguri route
  3. siliguri-bangalore route
  4. tips for road travel in nepal
Thanking you once again
regards
MRM
Old 16th February 2016, 09:09   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurebharat View Post
[*]siliguri-bangalore route
For Siliguri-Bangalore:

- Look for logs between Kolkatta-Sikkim. You will get updates from there
- Kolkatta-Bangalore: Many have done that along the GQ.
(Kolkatta-Vishakhapatnam-Vijaywada-Naidupetta-Tirupathi-Bangalore

As regards to Nepal, I have no idea. Lets wait for others to comment.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 11:17   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

One year on...

One year on...
It's now one year since this trip and the year just flew past in no time and we still remember each and every moment of this trip.

There were people who asked us why spend so much time on the road? why not take a flight to Delhi and spend more time in Uttarakhand hills?! and save one week of holidays. Yes, we could have done that, but road trip is all-together a different experience. You cross different states, culture, languages, climatic condition, food, get help from strangers, GPS misguiding you and you are stuck in a no mans land, random discussion inside the car while covering those long stretches and what not?! This for sure is a life time experience for us and we wish to do many more trips like this.

And capturing the travelogue here has really helped us to relive our memory whenever we need something to refresh our mind. My wife and I read this travelogue whenever we feel the urge to go back in time and experience this drive.

Thanks to team-bhp , but for which I don't think I would have planned such a trip in the first place and write a travelogue on it when I even hate to type/write few lines.
arun_josie is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 20:17   #102
BHPian

Ride to Uttarakhand

Hi,
I am planning a solo bike ride from Bangalore to Uttarakhand on my Triumph Bonneville T100 some time in May end or early June. Below is the planned itinerary. Please advice or give suggestions. The last column is starting from may 19th but it is still not finalised.

Day 1: Bangalore-Hyderabad - 580 kms 19
Day 2: Hyderabad-Nagpur - 500 kms 20
Day 3: Nagpur-Jhansi- 595 kms 21
Day 4: Jhansi-New Delhi - 480 kms 22
Day 5: New Delhi-Haridwar - 220 kms 23
Day 6: Haridwar - break 24
Day 7: Haridwar- new Tehri- Uttarkashi- 190 kms 25
Day 8: Uttarkashi-Gangotri - 100 kms 26
Day 9: Gangotri-Rudraprayag - 270 kms 27
Day 10: Rudraprayag-joshimath - 115 kms 28
Day 11: joshimath-Badrinath-Mana - 50 kms 29
Day 12: Badrinath-Pipalkoti - 75 kms 30
Day 13: Pipalkoti-Kausani - 155 kms 31
Day 14: Kausani - break 1
Day 15: Kausani-Nainital - 150 kms 2

Plan A:
Day 16: Nainital-New Delhi- 290 kms 3 and ship the bike and fly back.

Plan B:
Day 16: Nainital-Jaipur - 570 kms 3
Day 17: Jaipur-Indore - 650 kms 4
Day 18: Indore-Pune - 600 kms 5
Day 19: Pune 6
Day 20: Pune-Hubli - 450 kms 7
Day 21: Hubli-Bangalore - 420 kms 8

Thanks.
Old 5th May 2018, 23:34   #103
BHPian

Re: Ride to Uttarakhand

Fantastic Itinerary I should say. Rest depends on your stamina and drive factor. Also, shipping the bike and flying from Delhi would cost you $$$$$ apart from maybe the damage to your bike in transit.
I for one would consider Plan B. Rest all seems fine. Enjoy. Bon Voyage!
SafariMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 07:11   #104
BHPian

Don't go to Delhi, you can take Jhansi -- Gwalior -- Agra -- YEH -- Noida -- Meerut -- Muzzafarnagar -- Haridwar.

Also, please add Rishikesh in your travel plan. If you like adventure try Bunjee jumping and River rafting there.

I would suggest to take plan B if you have extra days. You can crash at my place in Pune.
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 12:07   #105
BHPian

Great travelogue! Enjoyed reading it in one go.

The way you made it sound easy with having two kids in the car is commendable. Even though you explained how you managed the kids, I am curious to know if they ever felt that it is too much of a travel? And was getting up at 4am on so many days, an issue?
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks