Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2015, 17:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar

This is an amazing travelogue! From my piddly experiences in Sikkim, I've always felt that the North East is far more virgin territory to explore than Himachal and Kumaon. Your fantastic photos and narrative (brief, not verbose like mine ) inspire me to take off for the NE soon. Thanks for the route and permit information as well.

Rated a well deserved 5 stars.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 19:44   #17
Team-BHP Support

Wow! My wife has stayed for an year at Tawang [Defense background] and is always coaxing me to visit, now I know why.

This is mega & inspiring. I am sure, your this travelogue will inspire many to visit these places. I always prefer green hills over barren, snowy ones. Will sure visit this in rains.

And here is a picture of you both
Attached Thumbnails
Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar-img_0116.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 21:15   #18
BHPian

Fantastic log, Blackpearl. The extreme north western part that you went to from Tawang is truly unexplored. Even I've not been there despite multiple visits to Tawang. Also superb pics, making me feel like going there right away.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 09:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Fabulous Tlog. Nice narration and excellent pictures. The only thing missing is Jaswant Garh Pics. Here let me fill them in, I hope you dont mind.
For the facts: He did not fight single handed for 72 hours. He was instrumental in neutralizing a HMG nest. The 14 Garhwal is the sole recipient of Theatre Honors in the 62 conflict. Here are the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar-img20150601wa0001.jpg  

Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar-img20150601wa0003.jpg  

Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar-img20150601wa0002.jpg  

Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar-img20150601wa0001.jpg  

Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar-img20150601wa0004.jpg  

wanderernomad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 09:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

One of the many original bunkers still preserved.
Attached Thumbnails
Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar-img20150601wa0000.jpg  

wanderernomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 11:54   #21
BHPian

Simply awesome travelogue. Got through it in a hurry, but will come back to it later. The thread is indeed informative. Please do make it much more like a guide to Tawang and Arunachal, as information is much restricted to those areas as of now.
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 12:18   #22
BHPian

You are really making the lives of us mere mortals difficult. Reading through the awesome travelogue on a Monday morning makes me curse myself. Can't bear to stand a week of office after reading this.
Coming to point. This is another fantastic travelogue, crisply written and adorned with beautiful pictures, in true BlackPearl style. Nothing much to add except a well deserved 5 star!
3 travelogues on the hills is enough motivation to definitely make my North Bengal trip in July.
shantonob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 12:44   #23
BHPian

Excellent travelogue BlackPearl. I first became interested in Tawang after seeing SRK and Madhuri's movie Koyla. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the place.

I may not be able to make to this place in many years to come but this travelogue of yours quenched my thirst somewhat. Thank you for that!
catchjyoti is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 13:48   #24
BHPian

[quote=BlackPearl;3718648 However Rajarshi had a brainwave enroute and he said that it would be better to go an additional 18Kms to Phuentsholling in Bhutan. The logic was that the hotels would be better and the food would be good.
To be continued...[/QUOTE]

Congrats for conducting such a wonderful trip.
Are Indians allowed a free Entry to Bhutan just like that? Without a prior permission and visa?
bbhavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 18:18   #25
BHPian

Hey BlackPearl !!

You have simply rocked the Forum in the month of May 2015 with back to back 3 Travelogues and that also with such Brilliant Ones !! Hats off to you mate
However, according to me this was the best of the lot from you; with you at your very best. An amazingly written travelogue with some extensive detailing about the permits etc. which shall benefit everyone who plans to travel to Arunachal in the mere future.

The photographs are awesomely brilliant illustrating every bit of your experience very well.

A few of my friends are from Guwahati who have traveled to Tawang a few times and after seeing pics from them I was convinced of making a trip to Arunachal sometime in the future. But, somehow have not been able to convince my wife for doing this trip. I shall ask her to go through your Travelogue sometime for sure, presuming it would be self explanatory and convincing enough for her to say a yes for it

Keep writing and posting such wonderful 5* Travelogues !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 14:04   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
This is an amazing travelogue! From my piddly experiences in Sikkim, I've always felt that the North East is far more virgin territory to explore than Himachal and Kumaon. Your fantastic photos and narrative (brief, not verbose like mine ) inspire me to take off for the NE soon. Thanks for the route and permit information as well.

Rated a well deserved 5 stars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Wow! My wife has stayed for an year at Tawang [Defense background] and is always coaxing me to visit, now I know why.

This is mega & inspiring. I am sure, your this travelogue will inspire many to visit these places. I always prefer green hills over barren, snowy ones. Will sure visit this in rains.

And here is a picture of you both
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Fantastic log, Blackpearl. The extreme north western part that you went to from Tawang is truly unexplored. Even I've not been there despite multiple visits to Tawang. Also superb pics, making me feel like going there right away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Fabulous Tlog. Nice narration and excellent pictures. The only thing missing is Jaswant Garh Pics. Here let me fill them in, I hope you dont mind.
For the facts: He did not fight single handed for 72 hours. He was instrumental in neutralizing a HMG nest. The 14 Garhwal is the sole recipient of Theatre Honors in the 62 conflict. Here are the pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Simply awesome travelogue. Got through it in a hurry, but will come back to it later. The thread is indeed informative. Please do make it much more like a guide to Tawang and Arunachal, as information is much restricted to those areas as of now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantonob View Post
You are really making the lives of us mere mortals difficult. Reading through the awesome travelogue on a Monday morning makes me curse myself. Can't bear to stand a week of office after reading this.
Coming to point. This is another fantastic travelogue, crisply written and adorned with beautiful pictures, in true BlackPearl style. Nothing much to add except a well deserved 5 star!
3 travelogues on the hills is enough motivation to definitely make my North Bengal trip in July.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Excellent travelogue BlackPearl. I first became interested in Tawang after seeing SRK and Madhuri's movie Koyla. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the place.

I may not be able to make to this place in many years to come but this travelogue of yours quenched my thirst somewhat. Thank you for that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hey BlackPearl !!

You have simply rocked the Forum in the month of May 2015 with back to back 3 Travelogues and that also with such Brilliant Ones !! Hats off to you mate
However, according to me this was the best of the lot from you; with you at your very best. An amazingly written travelogue with some extensive detailing about the permits etc. which shall benefit everyone who plans to travel to Arunachal in the mere future.

The photographs are awesomely brilliant illustrating every bit of your experience very well.

A few of my friends are from Guwahati who have traveled to Tawang a few times and after seeing pics from them I was convinced of making a trip to Arunachal sometime in the future. But, somehow have not been able to convince my wife for doing this trip. I shall ask her to go through your Travelogue sometime for sure, presuming it would be self explanatory and convincing enough for her to say a yes for it

Keep writing and posting such wonderful 5* Travelogues !!
Thanks a lot everybody for such nice comments about the travelogue. I am truly elated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
Congrats for conducting such a wonderful trip.
Are Indians allowed a free Entry to Bhutan just like that? Without a prior permission and visa?
bbhavan, Indians can enter and exit Phuentsholling freely without any permit. To go beyond i.e. to Paro or Thimpu, we will need permits for ourselves and vehicles as well.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 17:57   #27
BHPian

Excellent travelogue! I have always been a great fan of your trips and pics. But this time I kinda felt that you are wasting your talent in software industry. You should try your hands in writing as well. Very nicely detailed story there. The only complain adventurous BHPians may have against you is that you left nothing to explore for them. All they will get to do now is to retrace your tyremarks. Tawang had been on my wishlist for long, but after reading this story the "wish" has turned into "craving". Now, I have to live with this craving till I am able to make all ends meet and turn the ignition on for Tawang. Anyway, 5 stars to you for this torturous story.
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 18:16   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Excellent travelogue! I have always been a great fan of your trips and pics. But this time I kinda felt that you are wasting your talent in software industry. You should try your hands in writing as well. Very nicely detailed story there. The only complain adventurous BHPians may have against you is that you left nothing to explore for them. All they will get to do now is to retrace your tyremarks. Tawang had been on my wishlist for long, but after reading this story the "wish" has turned into "craving". Now, I have to live with this craving till I am able to make all ends meet and turn the ignition on for Tawang. Anyway, 5 stars to you for this torturous story.
Thanks a lot Partha for your nice words. The friend, with whom I went, again traveled to Arunachal this month, such is the beauty of the place. It is high time that people start exploring this part of the country like they have done in Ladakh.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 23:57   #29
Joy
BHPian

Lovely photography backed by equally great writing. Truly great.

Though lived in Assam for quite long but missed that beautiful Arunachal Pradesh. Your travelogue bought back the nostalgia.

BTW, It's Baihata Chariali (in Assamese, it means Baihata four point crossing).
Joy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 15:24   #30
BHPian

@blackpearl
Beautiful narration and pictures. thank you very much.
Am planning to head out there. A few questions, if i may:
  1. Do we have to take the DC permission as well as the army permission for going to border areas? If we have contacts in the army, would the army permission be enough?
  2. Are the permits multiple entry or single entry only?
  3. do the photographs of all travelling need to be taken or only the person in whose name the permit is issued?
  4. do the names of all travellers have to be mentioned in the permit or say XYZ+3?
  5. which are the other special entry areas?
  6. any idea about the permit issues for Mizoram and Nagaland?

Thank you
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed