Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2015, 20:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Route details and epilogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrvarier View Post
I can confirm that the bridge is open now. Went to the barachukki falls which requires crossing this bridge. I did not know that this bridge was closed, but realizing now that it looked brand new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Thanks for the update.

Can you let know when did you travel?
G-maps still showing route through Talakadu. Maybe its not up-to-date. But I wonder why there has been no media report about this? May be the bridge is opened un-officially to facilitate the locals. The official re-opening will be done when the local MLA gives the nod.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 10:17   #17
BHPian

Re: Wanderlust Traveller: Into the wild - Biligiriranga Hills and K Gudi

Quote:
Before the trip I had read that Saturday is considered auspicious at this temple. Guess due to that reason, there was considerable crowd. Hence we did not go inside the temple.
Crowd gathers only when the bus services start. If you leave early an reach there before the first bus coming from the city you can beat the crowd. When me and my friend went there , we were the first ones to enter the temple , hardly any crowd. When we came out ,we saw loads of people coming out of the bus and entering into the temple.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 12:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Can you let know when did you travel?
I travelled on on last saturday, 4th July.
vrvarier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 12:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrvarier View Post
I travelled on on last saturday, 4th July.
Thanks vrvarier for the bridge update, saves a few kms of going in a semi circle around Kollegal . Will be travelling via this route on 9th towards Ooty.
Old 25th July 2015, 13:36   #20
JRW

Nice write-up, thanks for posting.

I did BR Hills in May, stayed for 3 nights in Gorukana, a nice property 3km away from the K Gudi gate. The sightings were nothing to rave about, but it is a matter of luck. The birding walks were more interesting, nothing exotic, but the drive to K Gudi from the check post was good, had 2 sloth bear sightings and close to 40 bird species.
Visited the temple, a tribal school, and yes, did the morning and evening safaris on all 3 days. But we had more luck on the main road especially in the evenings.
JRW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 20:50   #21
BHPian

Superb pics and narration!

Quote:
After a while, we can see the Biligiriranga temple at a distance. There is a walk way towards the temple from the location in pic above. However, if you are driving to temple, you have to go further down the road and take a right turn. We decide to drive till the temple. There is ample parking space on top of the hill
Could you please let me know how the road condition is, from the right turn towards the temple? Is it the same road that goes to Gorukana resorts?

Quote:
Route in case you don't plan to visit BR Hills - Bangalore - Kanakpura - Malavalli - Kollegal - Yelandur- (Continue on NH 209) - Chamarajanagar - ~ 25 KMs - K Gudi
Google maps shows a much shorter Yelandur-Nagavalli-K Gudi, without hitting Chamarajanagar. Any idea about this road?

Thanks!
PearlJam is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 22:02   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Could you please let me know how the road condition is, from the right turn towards the temple? Is it the same road that goes to Gorukana resorts?
Thanks.

There are two routes here. One is a walkway next to a pond while you reach BR hills. The next is the Gorukana resort way and then the next is what I took.

You can find it clearly in Google satellite view.

Quote:
Google maps shows a much shorter Yelandur-Nagavalli-K Gudi, without hitting Chamarajanagar. Any idea about this road?
I am not sure of Yelandur - Nagavalli road condition. However, based on road condition around Nagavalli I dont think it should be any better. Irrespective of saving in distance, it may be better to take via Chamarajanagar due to better roads.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 22:42   #23
BHPian

What a wonderful thread and really crisp pictures. Threads and experiences like this are making me very impatient and waiting to go for my very own safari. The fact that all this was done traveling in an xuv which maybe my future buy (v/s fortuner) only makes it more interesting. Good stuff.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 18:58   #24
BHPian

Bumped on this old thread..
Has anyone travelled to BR Hills recently? Please update on the road conditions.. Thanks..
Old 29th April 2016, 19:00   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindr View Post
Bumped on this old thread..
Has anyone travelled to BR Hills recently? Please update on the road conditions.. Thanks..
More than road conditions, I would be curious know about the green cover and the heat! It should be quite hot these days.
Old 29th April 2016, 19:51   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindr View Post
Has anyone travelled to BR Hills recently? .
You can find latest update here

However, it will be dry and hot.

Most Viewed