Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2015, 14:28   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Conquered Ladakh in a low GC Hatchback

Excellent travelogue. Planned to read it in bits, but once I sat down, I couldn't help but complete the entire thing in one go. Rated 5 stars.

As many have said, it takes guts to take a low GC hatchback to this place. In 3 years in Delhi, whenever the thought of doing a Leh-Ladakh trip has come up, the non-availability of a high GC car is the only reason I've swallowed the thought. You inspire people like us.

You don't need to be modest or claim anyone else as the "gurus", brother. Wanderlust is the reason we're all friends, and your decision to do this mammoth trip with a hatchback and the wife for company, prove that you're as fearless as anyone.

Lastly, some lovely photos. Do pass on the compliment to Mrs Karmakar that she is a very pretty lady and her presence beautifies a lot of the photos .
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 10:25   #77
BHPian

That is an awesome travelogue. One stupid question. How do we contact HVK sir? Is there any phone number which can be shared amongst fellow travelers? Have heard a lot about it but don't know exactly
vaibhav amlekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 22:07   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
What a lovely travelogue.
Thank you Partha da for liking my TL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Every Ladakh travelogue is different, it has a charm of its own.
Thank you, Zahoor23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

Lastly, some lovely photos. Do pass on the compliment to Mrs Karmakar that she is a very pretty lady and her presence beautifies a lot of the photos .
My wife is also following the TL and comments. She is flattered.
Thank you Ankit da. Next time when I drive through Delhi I will make it a point to meet you. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav amlekar View Post
That is an awesome travelogue. One stupid question. How do we contact HVK sir? Is there any phone number which can be shared amongst fellow travelers? Have heard a lot about it but don't know exactly
HV Kumar Sir can be contacted via email. His mail id is hvkumar@gmail.com. You can ask for his phone number through email.

You can also follow him through the link mentioned below:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...4564&ref=br_tf
Old 13th July 2015, 10:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Amazing travelogue and lovely pics. Hats off to your wife, you and Figo. Currently owning a Figo I sometimes dread taking the car to certain parts of Bangalore given the road conditions and bumps that exist in the city. So you certainly gotta be nuts to some extent :P to even plan a trip in a Figo to Leh from WB. You will be inspiring a generation of hatchback/sedan owners now to plan a trip in there cars. I am sure Ford would want to market this travelogue.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 19:26   #80
BHPian

Hi, A little late to congratulate you but better late than never! Nicely scripted and put forth with details and maps, et al. Very simplistic and very effective. Loved the pics too. Me, i have been craving a trip to the valley and thereabouts after my maiden trip in June, 2012. However, other priorities have kept me away but, hopefully soon I shall be able to step on this madina of people like us. Thank you so much for the virtual tour, I relived my 15 glorious days today evening. All the best and drive safe.
Gentle Giant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 20:47   #81
BHPian

Hey Arunasish !! An amazingly inspiring Travelogue there

Though I had read this Travelogue in order to gather some inspiration for my Ladakh Trip, waited to comment on the same till the time I did this myself in my Figo.

Out of everything, what fascinates me the most is that the Malfunction Light getting on for me too on Khardungla Top just the way it happened with you !! I guess the Figo had altitude sickness
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 13:23   #82
BHPian

Hi Arunasish,

Congratulations for doing this lovely trip. I have been thinking to do this trip since 2012 but due to various reasons I am not able to do it.
I also had the feeling that for travelling in the month of May, SUV is must for doing this trip but after reading your travelogue many of my misconceptions are cleared.

Your travelogue has definitely inspired me to do this in my Fiat Grande Punto from Mumbai. And I am surely planning this in 3rd Week of May'2016.
J_Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 17:42   #83

What a travelogue .... Breathtaking one ..

I am planning for Ride to Ladakh this June in a Swift Petrol. Will it be doable ?

Anyone out there done a hatchback drive from Manali to Leh ??
nityamishra14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 18:01   #84
BHPian

Conquered Ladakh in a low GC Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityamishra14 View Post
What a travelogue .... Breathtaking one ..

I am planning for Ride to Ladakh this June in a Swift Petrol. Will it be doable ?

Anyone out there done a hatchback drive from Manali to Leh ??

Hey Nityamishra,

Thanks for liking my travelogue. Its going to be one year and good to see friends like you revive the thread with a lovely comment.

Sure, in June it should be doable in your swift petrol. I will be driving to Ladakh again this year. 21st May I will leave from Kolkata with a plan to do Zaskar, camp in Pangong, Tso Moriri and return via Manali.

I will be driving my Ford Aspire, aka Musty this time.

Conquered Ladakh in a low GC Hatchback-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462883427.120579.jpg

Best wishes for you trip.

Regards,
Lovecars21
lovecars21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 09:30   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Hey Nityamishra,

Thanks for liking my travelogue. Its going to be one year and good to see friends like you revive the thread with a lovely comment.

Sure, in June it should be doable in your swift petrol. I will be driving to Ladakh again this year. 21st May I will leave from Kolkata with a plan to do Zaskar, camp in Pangong, Tso Moriri and return via Manali.

I will be driving my Ford Aspire, aka Musty this time.

Attachment 1505763

Best wishes for you trip.

Regards,
Lovecars21

Now that is a wonderful news. Means we are about to witness another great travelogue and some wonderful pics again.

Based on certain suggestions , I might also plan to go via Srinagar and return via Manali . in that case you will be exactly 3 weeks ahead of me. May be I can get some on field guidance from you .

Was earlier thinking of taking my Ciaz from Mumbai but later decided to go in a frnds swift from Delhi.

Wish you a very happy journey ahead.
nityamishra14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 16:37   #86
BHPian

My journey on bike from Delhi is about to start in a week or so and after going through your very well written thread, I can already feel rain & snow falling over us. Excellent travelogue. Rated 5 stars.

Since you will also be there in June, I have noted down your vehicle number and hope to meet you somewhere in the valley itself.
rahulba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 22:43   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityamishra14 View Post

Wish you a very happy journey ahead.
Here comes this year's Ladakh Travelogue.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ire-amaze.html

Conquered Ladakh in a low GC Hatchback-dsc_5213.jpg
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 14:30   #88

Your TL was truly inspirational. So much, that I'm planning to take a plunge for it during June end. It will be a team of 5 family members in a TUV300 100bhp.

My initial plan looks like this :

Day1 : Kolkata - Varanasi 13hrs
Day2 : Varanasi - Delhi 11hrs
Day3 : Delhi - Jammu 11hrs
Day4 : Jammu - Srinagar 8hrs
Day5 : Srinagar - Shonmarg 2hrs
Day6 : Sonmarg - Kargil God knows how long
Day7 : kargil - Leh 6hrs
Day8 : Leh - Nubra 6hrs
Day9 : Nubra - Leh 6hrs
Day10 : Leh - Pangong 6hrs
Day11 : Pangong - Hanle 7hrs
Day12 : Hanle - Jispa / Keylong 12hrs
Day13 : Jispa/Keylong - Manali 6hrs
Day14 : Manali - Delhi 12hrs
Day15 : Delhi - Varanasi 11hrs
Day16 : Varanasi - Kolkata 13hrs

Depending upon the situation at Kashmir, I might change it entirely and do it from Manali side avoiding Srinagar.

I wish you can help me in coming up with final plan. Also pinged H V K sir already for his opinion.

Thanks,
Abhijit
abhi_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 11:03   #89

Hi Team , planning to take a plunge on 21 May from Delhi on a Ciaz with 04 adults and a child.

Tentative plan is:

Day1: Delhi Jammu
Day2: Jammu Srinagar
Day3: Srinagar Kargil
Day4: Kargil Leh

Open itenary in leh and around for 5-6 days and back same route. Can I drive my Ciaz to Turtuk or Pangyong route, or do I need to hire a local taxi ?

Any suggestions from the team are welcome.
Old 16th May 2017, 11:30   #90

Thank you Lovecars21 for your wonderful Travelogue. This gives me enough courage to attempt a ride in my Ciaz

Most Viewed