Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 13:48   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: A Hatchback and an epic 2000 kms road-trip to Spiti

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Travelogues Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 5th August 2015, 13:50   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Hatchback and an epic 2000 Kms trip to Spiti

Beautiful photographs and nicely written. In this case the destination is also as beautiful as the journey.

You must have had a wonderful time.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 15:00   #18
BHPian

Re: A Hatchback and an epic 2000 kms road-trip to Spiti

@Maverick. This photologue took me completely by surprise. Super narration and crystal clear pictures. Looks like you had an unforgettable adventure. Kudos mate
mayurpalav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 16:36   #19
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful travelogue. The write up is comprehensive and the pictures are brilliant. The beauty of the Himalayas is unparalleled.

Other than the radiator issue, your i10 seems to have coped pretty well.
Old 5th August 2015, 17:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

So, you covered all these terrain in an i10! Needless to say the little car appears to have coped up really well. Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics and the epic journey. It is indeed a relief to go out driving without knowing where the day would end. I would love to do something like that but still haven't gathered courage to attempt one though.
Old 5th August 2015, 17:45   #21
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
So, you covered all these terrain in an i10! Needless to say the little car appears to have coped up really well.
Not a normal i10 but an i10 AUTO. I guess many of us would like to know how she performed in hills and the FE you got.

Kudos to you and your family for doing such magnificent trip and being a father of a four year old angel, I want to know how you son fared all along. Well done mate
kkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 21:39   #22

Epic is an understatement! Thank you for sharing!
wabbster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 22:29   #23

Thanks for the detailed write-up! I've been to Kasol a few times and Rohtang twice but now after going through your travelogue I think I'll have to visit Lahaul & Spiti atleast once. PS> Picture quality is amazing.
Old 6th August 2015, 00:24   #24
vsh
BHPian

Amazing photos, great write up
Old 6th August 2015, 00:44   #25

A crazy family trip and an excellent narrative.
That's what i would like to call your trip in all good sense. Something that many of us would like to go on.

Can you tell us more about the other trips that you done with your i10.
I am also planning for a 2500 km trip towards this month end.
Old 6th August 2015, 10:51   #26
BHPian

Nice writeup maverick1741.
This is truly the life of a maverick. Loved every bit of it. And an equal amount of respect to your family who went all along with you. These kind of trips are special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1741 View Post
And I once again realised that Mother Nature can screw anyone any time she fells like it. She's magnificent, she's fierce, she's benevolent, but above all she's unpredictable. Not surprising given She's a she !

This was hilarious.
srinitdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 11:02   #27
BHPian

Amazing travellogue in to a wonderful place. These place and the blue sky really awakens the senses and the dormant nomad comes out.Everytime I see the blue skies of Leh/himalayan range.
Wonderfully written, a note and desciption of place with photographs will make it more useful.
bullock-Car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:03   #28
BHPian

wonderful travelogue.

Last year in the month of July, I had to retrace back from Kaza due to heavy water in the nala.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ti-xuv500.html

Kudos to completing the Spiti circuit in an i10.
vittal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 22:05   #29
BHPian

Excellent travelog with matching pictures. I have rated this five stars.

I was planning to drive to Kalpa and return because of the uncertain condition of the road, but Chandra Taal is very much on my mind. After reading your travelog, I feel I can proceed to Manali via Losar. Thanks for sharing information about the route.

I would like to follow your route from Narkhanda to Sangla and proceed to Dhankar Gompa, Kaza and perhaps stop over in Batal with a trek to Chandra Tal and then onwards to Manali. I will be using a Dzire (older model) and plan to do the drive around September 16th.

What would be the climatic conditions and the road conditions, especially after Losar? Can I expect reduced water crossings because of the onset of winter? Also please let me know decent places to stay in Sangla and any sort of accomodation in Batal and Chatru or beyond.

Thanks for the information.

Saji
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 22:22   #30
BHPian

@maverick1741 Excellent!!!
This is an adventure of epic proportions, which does absolute justice to your name. Very well written, a few minutes into the thread and got absolutely engrossed reading. The photographs are too good, which virtually takes you into the spiti valley. Especially liked your experience on toughest leg between Kaza and Gramphoo. Its really quite courageous of you to complete this circuit, given the pathetic and desolate road conditions, and that too with your family along. Hats off!!!

Even I've been planning to do the same stretch since long and luckily your valuable experience has provided a deep insight into the scheme of things which one can expect to face. Have driven substantially in Lahaul valley in a Maruti 800, had also been to Nako beyond Shimla, so its been long cherished desire to tread into the Spiti Valley, which lies ahead.

Would like to highlight that Lahaul & Spiti circuit is comparatively less problematic, after the monsoons have subsided in September, as compared to June, when the high passes are still snowbound, and the roads are also in pitiable condition, owing to long closure during snowbound winter months. The best time to go is between mid September to mid October, when most of the things have settled and that's when the sun shines brightly in the clear blue skies, unravelling the distant Himalayan vistas.

Sincerely hope to hear a lot more from you about your travel adventures. Thanks for sharing.
Regards.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks