Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2016, 08:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3713 kms in a Honda Brio: Mumbai – Bangalore – Kodaikanal – Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Thanks for the detailed report.

Actually I am also considering a similar trip on our little Brio.

Pune > Bangalore > Pollachi (and some trips in Kerala and Tamilnadu around (1000Kms)) by end of this month. I was bit concerned about Brio's behaviour on highways. Your report enhanced my confidence. I am planning to reach Bangalore in one day and stay at a friend's place and continue to Pollachi next day.

I hope it is doable. In your case, I assume that you were driving during the whole trip.

Now my real concerns are,
1. This is my first long trip attempt, prior to this I have done 300Kms on a single day.
2. I have been never able to maintain the average speeds calculated by Google Maps

Your comments will be helpful.
Reaching Bangalore in one day is very much doable and since you're starting from Pune, you already have a 2:30 hrs advantage. It takes around 13 to 14 hrs to reach Bangalore from Mumbai. The best thing to do would be to leave as early as possible. I just did a Mumbai-Bangalore-Chennai trip with my wife in our Swift last month. So we left around 3:15 am and were at our destination in Bangalore by 8:00 pm. It takes us longer as we normally stay with our uncle in Bangalore who stays near the airport, which is at the other end of the city and the traffic in Bangalore is a real pain. Similarly if you plan to go to Chennai from Bangalore it is advisable to leave early to avoid the rush hour. The roads between Bangalore to Chennai is one of the best I have enjoyed driving till date with very less traffic and you always wish you had a more powerful car

The Brio handles well and we had absolutely no issue with four adults and with the amount of luggage we were carrying as seen in the pics in my post above. One thing that has added to the handling are the tyres which I have upgraded to Yokohoma Earth1.

On the average speeds, the best I have achieved is 92kmph in any of my road trips till date. But the average best would be around 75 kmph. My suggestion to you would be to drive at a pace you're comfortable with. No point in thinking that you're driving slower than the average speed mentioned by Google maps. The idea is to enjoy the drive, so take a break at times click some pictures and never push yourself beyond your limits and end up doing something stupid.
SnS_12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 12:19   #17
BHPian

Re: 3713 kms in a Honda Brio: Mumbai – Bangalore – Kodaikanal – Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Reaching Bangalore in one day is very much doable and since you're starting from Pune, you already have a 2:30 hrs advantage. It takes around 13 to 14 hrs to reach Bangalore from Mumbai. The best thing to do would be to leave as early as possible.
Thanks for the detailed reply. Will keep the inputs while planning the trip.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks