Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:52   #31
BHPian

re: Polo GT TDI Chronicles: Ladakh and beyond! 5543 km, 13 days, 8 states, 2 souls & 1 car!

Thank you very much for a very well written travelogue. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I see that your projectors did a great job in the tunnel too!
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: Polo GT TDI Chronicles: Ladakh and beyond! 5543 km, 13 days, 8 states, 2 souls & 1 car!

Ganesh,

I have never read a travelogue with so much attention.

I was glued to this at 1300 hrs and just now completed it, reading every line, seeing all those beautiful snaps and imagining myself in the valley.

In teh midst, spoke to wifey and we have agreed that this has to be a life trip for us.
Son is just 3 years now. Will have to wait a little more but then this has to be the trip to "die for"

The way you have penned the travelogue clearly shows that this is written from the heart.
Good to see the low GC GT doing the stretch easily.

End of the day, after the car has brought you back to safety and the comforts of your home, the respect for it(car) grows exponentially.

Great review and rating it a well deserved 5 stars.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 23:39   #33

Fantastic travelogue Gannu!!

I am glad VW completed the journey without hiccups!! I had my fingers crossed entire time reading through the page. I was stuck to the screen as if watching a movie, just couldn't stop reading it till the end. Literally this can be used as a guide.
Now, my heart has started craving for a road trip to Leh, thanks to your brilliant travelogue.

Kudos to you, you really deserve a pat on your back
bhimani.mohak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 00:33   #34
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue Gannu! It is as detailed as it can get and with great pictures too. Ladakh remains a dream drive and will be done in the coming years.

Did you face any issues related to the car being stopped by local taxi guys?
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 00:56   #35
BHPian

Very well written, informative and a wonderful travelogue gannu.
All nitty gritties are well explained with beautiful pictures.
Must have been an awesome driving experience.

Last edited by embee : 24th September 2015 at 01:14.
embee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 07:32   #36
BHPian

Superbly detailed travelogue added with interesting videos from dash cam. A well deserved 5* rating for the post and kudos for making this trip. I am sure it will inspire many including me to try this journey once in our lifetime at least.
isandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 07:40   #37
Team-BHP Support

Some of my traveler friends do not realize, that for enthusiasts like us, journey is as important as the destination or sometimes, takes precedence.

I wish I could rate it as much as the stars in the sky, it is THAT good

Has all the details one could ask for. Thanks for sharing this amazingly detailed T-log.

Al altitudes/cold places, wait for the glow plugs to come on, do this twice/thrice prior to cranking up. Should help in starting w/o any hiccup and at first crank.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:47   #38
Team-BHP Support

Mr Gannu - this was a brilliant read...Loved your narration and the attention to detail

My takeaway from this thread

- A first timer can do the drive reasonably easily
- He can do it in a small car.
- He can do it as a single driver

If the Zoomcar situation improves up there, then this journey goes in my to-do list.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 12:28   #39
BHPian

Awesome travelogue. Kudos to you for accomplishing Leh-Ladakh road trip. Rated five stars.

Your travelogue gives detailed information, safety tips, more importantly lot of confidence for those who want to explore Leh-Ladakh (first timer's like me).

Is it possible to explore Leh-Ladakh in Figo (limited ground clearance)?
Nempuguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 14:54   #40

Guys, the travelogue is amazing.
This is inspiring stuff. >5K Km drive to Leh & back in a hatch...crazily awesome. Kudos to you.
adietya.d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:58   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Phew! Just finished reading the whole Tlog which I only scrolled yesterday night. Lovely compilation Gannu and very detailed too.

While we discussed how the roads were exactly last year when we drove in a Linea with that GC upgrade kit and it hit the underbelly many places between Manali & Sarchu, it was completely opposite this time with mostly good roads that side and no river crossings too. Like my friend funkykar mentions, you can expect completely different conditions in 2 seasons when it comes to roads in this section of the Himalayas. In fact, we had a carzonrent Innova tagged along with us which too hit the underbelly during one of the river crossings!!

Kudos to you and Kris for this amazing journey and of course the machine that took you there and made you return to base safely. The photos have come out fantabulous.

Last but not the least - If you have the zeal and the right spirits to drive around, it really doesn't matter what you are driving. You and Himanshu have perhaps cleared a lot of air regarding a Polo getting Leh'd. Its always the Man first and then the machine!

Last edited by paragsachania : 24th September 2015 at 16:00.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 17:39   #42
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations on your wonderful trip. The travelogue that u put up is very nicely detailed. I loved the start where you have shown how all the necessary things were packed in the appropriate boxes. The narration is also superb. Assuming you were the lone driver in the whole trip??
alfaromeo1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 17:47   #43
BHPian

Congrats on the amazing trip. nicely written travelogue is very inspiring. I would like to know if there were any breathing or ground clearance problems you faced with the car?
ricky_1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 18:55   #44
BHPian

amazing bro. Fantastic trip, fantastic compilation an inspiration for everyone planning this trip. Thanx
amit_snk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 20:34   #45
BHPian

Woa ! Amazing compilation. Had my better half read through the travelogue and out came the word - "We can make it in our car !" This is inspiring. Thanks for sharing the wonderful journey !
anupams is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks