Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2015, 23:39   #121
BHPian

Re: Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata

The Final Part:

Road condition from Hanle to Tso Moriri is again Mixed. Hanle to Mahe is Good, the last 12 km till Karzok is non existent and the rest of the road condition is mixed.

The First Look of Tso Moriri

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-51.jpg

This video will help you to understand, what our vehicles has faced

As we have seen the Color variation of Tso Moriri is more

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-52.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-53.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-54.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-55.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-56.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-57.jpg

The color of water don't turn Black even after sundown (Unlike Pangong)

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-58.jpg

The Sunrise at Karzok

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-59.jpg

Somewhere near Puga we found this Salt Valley

The Drive from Sumdo to Leh Manali Highway is one grueling drive, hence no Pictures.

The Best Drive of the Leh Manali Highway - Driving through Moore Plains (2x Speed)

The Natural formation before Pang

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-510.jpg

The Road from Pang till Jispa was in a horrible state. This is the longest stretch of bad road we have driven in this tour

Driving down Gata Loops (2x Speed)

Crossing the Famous Brandy Bridge

Climbing Baralacha La

Somewhere in the Drive

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-511.jpg

We reached Keylong After 8pm at night and was really sad as the Trip has almost ended, But it is still not over till we cross Rohtang.

Climbing Rohtang (2x Speed)

Few Pictures

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-512.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-513.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-514.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-515.jpg

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-516.jpg

Reaching Rohtang Top

The day ends at Manali and now there are no Las and Passes to cross.

Next Day We started quite late from Manali and the last bit of enjoyment was driving beside Beas

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-517.jpg

That is all that I have to share. The Last thing that is left from my end is a Panorama from Rohtang Top.

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-view-rotang.jpg

I wish to Drive to Ladakh many more times and hope more people enjoy the Beauty Responsibly.
SouraC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 20:01   #122
BHPian

Re: Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata

What a beautiful travelogue!
Narration 5/5
Pictures 5/5

Superb team work to result in a highly successful Lifetime Road Trip. It was special to meet each of the members before the trip. I could feel each an every moment of the TL and how much you guys enjoyed.

A special Thanks to the team for gifting me "Ladakh Road Trip 2015" T-shirt.

Well deserved 5 star!
lovecars21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 01:23   #123

Great write up Sir. Wonderful photos as well.

I've been to Leh twice in the last two years. But I just can't muster the courage to take my 8 years old Civic there.

Even though the Etios in your convoy managed just fine And on my trips there too(on bike), I've come back thinking this is do-able with a bit of luck . But still I'm skeptic .

LaluKS Sir had a thread going about exploring the possibility of taking a Civic to Leh, the general consensus was that it's better not to take the Civic there at all. So that was discouraging as well.
Vivek VS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 12:08   #124
BHPian

It has been exactly 10 months since we had set sail for our Ladakh Trip back in August 2015 i.e.- 19th day of August 2015. Today, I received a magazine named SPLASH (Hobbies & Passions Edition) from The Calcutta Swimming Club (of which I am a member) and where I had given a small interview about our Ladakh Roadtrip. It's good to see the Interview been published as an Article in their esteemed magazine. Good to see the mention of Team-BHP and HVK in the article which definitely brings a sense of pride to the respective communities.

Sharing a copy of the article :
Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-csc-article-ladakh.jpg

A special vote of thanks to each and every co-traveler who made the trip fun, enjoyable and memorable - BHPian Samba, SouraC, Avrendu and other like minded enthusiasts Rana, Indranil, Arghya, Nasim, Vinay & Ekta, Samya & Debleena !! Three Cheers to the Spirit !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed