Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2015, 21:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Karnataka: A beautiful, unknown paradise - Bengre Beach, Kemmannu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
One question - whats your advise for people travelling with children? do they have food options (vegetarian) and activities for children?
Thank you FuelInjector. Mini veg hotels are there at Kemmannu, also at Santhekatte (NH). But don't remember seeing any in Hoode or Bengre. Better to carry food stuffs, water if you are going with kids. Beach is safe for kids, as long as not venturing into deeper place. During monsoon season sea is very rough, volatile, waves damage road, near by properties. You can see boulders protecting properties throughout that stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Manipal has two parallel universes. One where students live, the other where the locals live. They even use different names for same locations. Only locals who work in colleges or interact closely with students happen to be familiar with both universes.
Well said Samurai. That's the strange reality. Kind of communication gap between students and localites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
Awesome photos and this place looks pure, unexplored and pristine from all angles. Thanks for sharing.

This could not have come at more appropriate time for me. I will be visiting Udupi during end of this month and will surely add it in my itinerary. One question though - while checking in Google Map, it came up with something called 'Delta Point', situated at the end of the Bengre-Hoode road. Can I take my car upto this point? It appears to be a road from the map.
Thanks so much AmazeGuru. You can easily reach Kodi Bengre from Udupi through village road (after deviating from NH at Santhekatte), some places very narrow though. That "ramp" like road as seen in maps is pleasure to drive.
Nempuguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 20:07   #32
BHPian

For those who are interested in visiting Kapu beach and lighthouse.

ThilakNex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 04:16   #33
BHPian

@Nempuguru, Thanks for posting this wonderful journey. You just planned the next outing of 3 grateful couples'.
Old 16th March 2019, 21:25   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nempuguru View Post
Kemmannu - Bengre beach, Udupi, Karnataka
There is no Bengre beach any more, it has been completely sealed off using huge rocks to protect the shore.

Today was our annual sports week finale at the office. We always do the evening session of Lagori, Relay race and tug-of-war at the Bengre beach. As we drove down to Bengre beach, a shock awaited us. There ain't no Bengre beach no more. This is how it looks all the way.

Karnataka: A beautiful, unknown paradise - Bengre Beach, Kemmannu-img_20190316_162708.jpg

Karnataka: A beautiful, unknown paradise - Bengre Beach, Kemmannu-img_20190316_163247.jpg

Anyway, we found another beach few Kms away and finished our Sports activities.
Samurai is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks