Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 15:12   #46
BHPian

Re: Report & Pics: The 2015 Himalayan Spiti Escape (Mahindra Adventure)

Awesome. Plain Awesome. The trip as well as the description. Truly five stars.

Has given me enough motivation to become a part of one of these trips. I think besides this trip, a Thar also would be a very good companion. Can a thar be used for everyday office commutes also?
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:22   #47
BHPian

Thanks, Shahnawaz, for patiently responding to all my queries.

You are doing a great job of building my case for signing up for next year's expedition.

However, like Praveen who has already signed up for the Wild Escape, we may first go on not so difficult expedition before tackling the Himalayas
Old 7th October 2015, 16:45   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
@DB, Thar was really at home in those places.
Dear Shahnawaz - of course it was at home, that place is it's home only! I knew it all along, that's why I made the thing in the first place dammit! The sales volume speaks for itself. "It is selling more than some of their models, where they spent >500 times more money and for which more than 500 people went to "phoren", hahaha". It's worth the last laugh! .

I guess now some smart fellows in suits and ties will include this in some "XYZ Business School Case Study" titled "How to make a Product Succeed in-spite of Everything"! I hope those smart fellows also introduce a subject called CS (Common Sense) in the fancy MBA courses that they conduct! Heaven help the Corporate World!

Dear Vinod - . Enjoy!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 7th October 2015 at 16:48.
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 21:07   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Awesome. Plain Awesome. The trip as well as the description. Truly five stars.
Thanks.!!!

Quote:
.... I think besides this trip, a Thar also would be a very good companion. Can a thar be used for everyday office commutes also?
Of course yes! Fellow offroader and team-bhp moderator, Jaggu, uses it for his daily commute to office and is his primary vehicle. Obviously, few modifications were done to make it worth being the primary vehicle.

You can go through this thread here for more view-points on the facelift version of the Thar:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lose-look.html

I have shared few observations about the 4WD S10 Scorpio also after living with it for those 10 days across various terrains here (Scorpio Official Review Thread). http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3820473

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th October 2015 at 07:12. Reason: Moved the Scorpio driving observations to the review thread.
khan_sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 21:24   #50
BHPian

This is a fantastic travelogue. Just finished in one go. I felt as though I have traveled the whole circuit. Nice write up with excellent photographs brought out the beauty of the place and excitement you would have undergone.

Thank you for sharing Mahindra Adventure website. I am not aware that anyone can book and take the adventure. I will look to be part of one such special escapes which involves Himalayas.
Old 8th October 2015, 01:19   #51
BHPian

Enjoyed the post thoroughly, a life changing experience for all the participants..
Old 8th October 2015, 13:15   #52
BHPian

Amazing write-up! Thoroughly enjoyed the entire trip along with you! But you following the young adventure climber on the slope hill was too much, and tiring to me too
Old 9th October 2015, 19:10   #53
BHPian

Beautiful pictures & wonderful writing!!
I have also just complete lahaul-spiti circuit in first week of October and truth be told, this place is far more beautiful for any camera to capture or words to describe.
Its a surreal place which can only be experienced and after experiencing this phenomenon you are a changed person!
Old 12th October 2015, 17:20   #54
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant report Khan. Rated a full 5 stars. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Although I'm not a 4x4 guy, I just added this to my list of must-do-this-someday items. Thanks for sharing.
Old 13th October 2015, 20:35   #55
BHPian

Great write up. Although I have done this route on a bike a couple of years ago, I still read each and every word, brought back a lot of memories.

FYI the current Wildflower Hall building was built by Oberoi Hotels after it was completely gutted in a fire in the early 90s. Oberois completely razed the building to the ground and built the hotel on it.
Old 26th October 2015, 19:24   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireless View Post
...truth be told, this place is far more beautiful for any camera to capture or words to describe.
Its a surreal place which can only be experienced ...!
So true. The beauty, the rawness, the serene calm, the remoteness of this place can only be felt and experienced in person. Words/pictures are not enough to do justice to this extra ordinary place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Amazing write-up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameet_pv View Post
Enjoyed the post thoroughly,
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Brilliant report Khan. Rated a full 5 stars. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Although I'm not a 4x4 guy, I just added this to my list of must-do-this-someday items. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Guys. Appreciate you liked the report. @Adi: in fact more than 4x4 this circuit is a bikers dream circuit. It's not as frequented as Leh/Ladkah is and retains it's quaint charm. Plan a bike trip there mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanshaheed View Post
Great write up. Although I have done this route on a bike a couple of years ago, I still read each and every word, brought back a lot of memories.

FYI the current Wildflower Hall building was built by Oberoi Hotels after it was completely gutted in a fire in the early 90s. Oberois completely razed the building to the ground and built the hotel on it.
Thanks buddy. Didn't know about the rebuilding part of wildflower hall. Thanks for mentioning it. Must say that Oberois have done a pretty decent job in retaining the colonion charm to the property.
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 13:40   #57

Dear BHPians!

I am planning to do this trip to Lahaul-Spiti in my New Age XUV500 in mid-August. I recently changed my wheels to after market HRS alloys (see here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3961310).

However I still have the steel wheels with me. Considering the rough terrain in northern Himachal Pradesh, can anyone recommend whether it would be advisable to switch back to steel rims for this trip? Though the alloys I have are from a reputable brand, alloy in itself may never be stronger than steel.

Can someone provide some valuable inputs please? Thank you.

Regards,
PK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks