Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 16:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Charismatic Thailand: Holiday in a Friendly Neighbourhood

GKMahajan, we have not done this trip yet. We will go next year in May. Our flight tickets are all booked but we are looking for good hotel deals. traveling without any travelling agency was my idea of having a so called adventurous trip

Never the less, we will be booking any sight seeing trips from the hotel itself. I will be emailing the selected hotels for the tariffs and packages. Wish us good luck.
Red Panda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 11:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I have rated this 5 star.

I am asking a stupid question - you started by deciding not to go the agent route - you surely did not regret it. But the question that comes to my mind is - NOW do you think it made any difference?
For Thailand, I would say that it did not make any difference, however for location like Europe & USA, it may make difference as there would be more unknowns.
I would suggest one should take a package tours if going abroad for first time. For frequent travellers, it would be better to plan on their own.

Also if you have kids, who can share room with adults, it would be better to go on your own as tour operator charge per person basis and give very little discount for kids below 12 years and charge full for kids above 12 years even if they share the room with adults.
Most of American Hotel chains like Holiday Inn do not charge for Kids below 18 years. Some Hotel may charge for break-fast or bed roll but no room charge. So you need to work out maths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
GKMahajan, we have not done this trip yet. We will go next year in May. Our flight tickets are all booked but we are looking for good hotel deals. traveling without any travelling agency was my idea of having a so called adventurous trip

Never the less, we will be booking any sight seeing trips from the hotel itself. I will be emailing the selected hotels for the tariffs and packages. Wish us good luck.

Please note that Hotel would charge you more for sight seeing & travel, so I would suggest please get in tough with

1. Hotels2thailand.com for all sight-seeing including pick-up from Hotel. They are most genuine, cheapest and have strong presence in Thailand. For ex- At Safari World, I just had to say my name and everything was kept ready, I didn't even show the email. At website, advance payment is required. Just make sure you book atleast 36 hours (leave one complete day in between) in advance. So you need not book everything from India.

2. http://www.taxibangkokservice.com/ for all taxi booking for long distance taxi service. For example- Airport pick-up & drop to Pattaya City. No advance payment required.

Local travel would be covered in sight seeing. For unplanned visit take local taxi. Even for Bangkok Hotel to Airport, please take local taxi as they would be cheapest (400 Thai Baht)

CORAL ISLAND at Pattaya: Please do not book any Package sight seeing as it would be much cheaper going on your own. No planning or advance booking required. Just catch the Ferry at 9 or 10 AM. Next are at 12 and 1 PM. At the Island, its like any Goa Beach, pay & use.

All the Best for your Travel.

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th October 2015 at 11:50.
Wanderers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 12:53   #18
BHPian

Thank you Wanderers. These infos are just what we are looking forward to. We will definitely follow your leads.

Regards,
Avishek
Old 27th October 2015, 13:00   #19
BHPian

Dear Red Panda/Wanderers,

Thanks for the quick update.
I will do some research on my own. I hope you do not mind if I bother you with my queries (as and when they arise!).

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 19:13   #20
BHPian

Excellent report coupled with wonderful pictures!
Thailand is beautiful. I visited the country last year in February. It was a wonderful experience. We started our journey from Phuket (Airport transfer from Bangkok to Phuket) and moved on to Phi Phi and Krabi in subsequent days before coming back to Bangkok for stay. I personally didn't like Bangkok town. May be it was the effect of Phi Phi and Krabi
I didn't had the chance to visit Pattaya, but lived it through your pictures.
Thanks!
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 11:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
For Thailand, I would say that it did not make any difference, however for location like Europe & USA, it may make difference as there would be more unknowns.
All the Best for your Travel.

Hello n Bijoya Greetings to all fellow Team Bhp Brethren and their beloved family members.
Bravo and Congratulations for such a beautiful write up, and pictures. Gave a deserved 5*, for such descriptive and informative TL.

solicit your valuable advise regarding, exploration of Thailand. How many minimum days to get a hang of Thailand, so as not to club it with other south east nations. ( hope you understand. Like a visitor from EU, to india, bangladesh, srilanka, pakistan would be near similar, and is actually true, as they all refer to them as Indians.)

I have been in Singapore for 6 years of my college and professional life, and hence know, all chinese are not chinese !

Regards
dr. sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. sen View Post

solicit your valuable advise regarding, exploration of Thailand. How many minimum days to get a hang of Thailand, so as not to club it with other south east nations. ( hope you understand. Like a visitor from EU, to india, bangladesh, srilanka, pakistan would be near similar, and is actually true, as they all refer to them as Indians.)

Regards
Thanks for reading my travelogue and the feedback.

Please consider atleast two days each in Pattaya and Bangkok, which means five nights altogether. We stayed three nights in Pattaya and left directly for sight seeing around Bangkok. Since we took a late night flight out of Bangkok next day, we had full day for Bangkok sight seeing without the need for another night at hotel.

Last edited by Wanderers : 3rd November 2015 at 13:22.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Thanks for reading my travelogue and the feedback.

Please consider atleast two days each in Pattaya and Bangkok, which means five nights altogether. We stayed three nights in Pattaya and left directly for sight seeing around Bangkok. Since we took a late night flight out of Bangkok next day, we had full day for Bangkok sight seeing without the need for another night at hotel.

Is there any option for us to hire transportation directly for the airport to pattaya? And also does the hotels in Pattaya provide Pick ups and drop form airports?

Can you suggest some budget friendly but comfortable hotels we can refer to?

Thanks
Avishek
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Is there any option for us to hire transportation directly for the airport to pattaya? And also does the hotels in Pattaya provide Pick ups and drop form airports?

Can you suggest some budget friendly but comfortable hotels we can refer to?

Thanks
Avishek
Hi

Please use http://www.taxibangkokservice.com for intercity taxi booking. They are really good & competitive.

Pick-up and drop by Pattaya hotels are expensive unless there is a group tour and a van has been pre-arranged.

There are many budget hotels, please visit tripadvisor.in for the same as I did not explore them.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed