Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 17:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got Leh'd, my way - Bangalore to Leh in an EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post
What a travelogue PrideRed, it kept me glued to the screen for almost an hour and a half. I don't know why but any travelogue mentioning Leh compels me to read word by word & pic by pic. Great photography indeed sir. Thank you for sharing and making me remember my good old visit to Leh.
Thank you, I agree with you Kashmir is one heck of beauty, Leh/Ladakh is icing on the cake.
Old 11th November 2015, 22:50   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your Great trip and writeup. Really pleased to read about the car functioning flawlessly.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 02:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
While in the mountains of Ladakh it did suffer from shortage of power, it never complained about bad surface, huge boulders and sand.
PrideRed, That's an awesome travelogue. I would be taking my Ecosport (Diesel) to Leh Ladakh in August and would like to know if this power shortage due to height is something to be concerned about. Any special tips to handle the power shortage ? I would be travelling with two feather-weight friends and luggage for three people.

Thanks !!!
Old 10th June 2016, 09:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
PrideRed, That's an awesome travelogue. I would be taking my Ecosport (Diesel) to Leh Ladakh in August and would like to know if this power shortage due to height is something to be concerned about. Any special tips to handle the power shortage ? I would be travelling with two feather-weight friends and luggage for three people.

Thanks !!!
Reduction in power is not something that should be of serious concern. What is needed is to plan better.
1.Always ensure you keep the engine in powerband(above 2K).
2. The moment you start seeing needle in tachometer dipping, change the gears. DO not delay to change the gears.
3. No incline is small, it might look pretty small. Change gears accordingly.
4. Do not run in 1st or 2nd gears for continued period, whenever and wherever possible keep shifting to 3rd and 4th. This helps the engine to cool down.
5.Switching off the AC helps.
6.In any inclines if the car doesnot climb, do not force to move ahead by revving hard/de-clutch in the incline. Reverse your vehicle, gain sufficient momentum and proceed.

If you are ascending from Srinagar side, you wont realise drop in power until Zojilla. The moment you start approaching Zojilla, you will start noticing for drop in power and be prepared for same.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 15:48   #20
BHPian

Lovely travelogue PrideRed. Glad to see the EcoSport completing Leh circuit without any niggles. I myself have a EcoSport and it feels very good when someone takes the vehicle to distant places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post

Thanks !!!
There will be noticable drop in power but nothing that should worry you. As the EcoSport has very difficult initial and the torque builds up late you have to run the vehicle in lower gears in the inclines. I have felt this in my all road trip to the Himalayas.
Uprasenjit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 23:39   #21
BHPian

Wow..Another Bangalore-Leh/ladak travelogue. And that too really crisp. The thing that impressed me most was that you were driving on all days and that too pretty long distances. And managed to find time to visit all those places too. Am also planning to do a Leh-Ladakh drive from bangalore in aug or sept and your travelogue is really going to be a reference material considering its one of the recent trips.

Just wanted one more info - the approx overall expenses incurred for the trip. I noticed you had given the cost of accommodation which is very helpful for planning the trip.

FundaG
Old 16th June 2016, 07:14   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Well done!

You're inspiring me now to take the Yeti beyond the office commute and the occasional Ooty / Coorg trip!

If you can take the trouble to do this, I am getting more and more antsy sitting and reading your travelogue and seeing your pictures.

I think I shall do some planning....I hope I m able to carry the idea through!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 08:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

What a nicely written travelogue PrideRed. Came across now only but finished it off in one go making me a late starter to work.
Inspirational crisp writing and a catalyst too for everyone to fill up and go.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Wow..Another Bangalore-Leh/ladak travelogue. And that too really crisp. The thing that impressed me most was that you were driving on all days and that too pretty long distances. And managed to find time to visit all those places too. Am also planning to do a Leh-Ladakh drive from bangalore in aug or sept and your travelogue is really going to be a reference material considering its one of the recent trips.

Just wanted one more info - the approx overall expenses incurred for the trip. I noticed you had given the cost of accommodation which is very helpful for planning the trip.

FundaG
Apart from the hotel cost, below is the approximate breakup:
1.Food- INR 500 per person/day on average.
2.Fuel: 25-30K
3.Toll charges:7-8K

These are mandatory charges which you cant avoid.

Yes as you mentioned we were covering quite a lot of distance/per day. The days were longer but I don't repent. We could have probably taken few more days to explore Rajasthan, but Ladakh being the main course, we had pre-decided to spend less on starters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Well done!

You're inspiring me now to take the Yeti beyond the office commute and the occasional Ooty / Coorg trip!

If you can take the trouble to do this, I am getting more and more antsy sitting and reading your travelogue and seeing your pictures.

I think I shall do some planning....I hope I m able to carry the idea through!
If you have the intent, then my suggestion is to execute faster. Popularity of Leh region is attracting more and more crowd every year. To me lesser the crowd, the better it gets.
Your Yeti should easily do the Leh circuit, however if its 4+ years old, do ensure you get a thorough checkup. On the flipside if its new, be ready to accept scratches, underhits etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
What a nicely written travelogue PrideRed. Came across now only but finished it off in one go making me a late starter to work.
Inspirational crisp writing and a catalyst too for everyone to fill up and go.
Given the road condition, online maps, reliable cars, you should do this and its lot more fun when you drive up all the way. The best part is everyday you see a different India!

Last edited by PrideRed : 9th September 2016 at 10:01.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks