Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2015, 16:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Tonglu: Wheels on the Holy Road

It is said "A picture is worth a thousand words" and your post just did that. I could see through every picture of your's and the minimal text was icing on the cake (True BHP Style). I am planning a visit to Darjeeling from Hyderabad the moment i lay my hands on the innova(The process to currently acquire it from the organization under Car Lease Policy is ON). I choose this location because the distance and the good high speed road connectivity between Hyderabad to Kolkata and then a twister as i approach the actual destination. But the whole perspective has changed after looking at the photos you have posted. Now, i am looking forward for the destination more than the journey.
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 16:16   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Dear BlackPearl,
[i]My folly! Apart from 1100D, I should have thanked you for showing the road to North Bengal and Sikkim hills. Looking forward to meet you in the Team-BHP Kolkata meets (unfortunately I haven't attended any of them till now)
No worries Sayak, if we start giving thanks to everybody on this forum for all their inputs, the travelogues would be filled up with names
You have excellent writing skills, keep on travelling and travelogue-ing (if there is any term like that). Forgot to mention that rated a well deserved 5 stars to your thread.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 16:34   #18
BHPian

Dear Sayakc,

Amazing pictures and I enjoyed your offbeat writing style as well. The last photo is simply magical.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 16:42   #19
BHPian

beautiful wording on a great travel. Loved the pictures and thanks for sharing.
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 17:18   #20
BHPian

Sayakc, your descriptive writeup and the photographs go hand in hand. Hope to meet you soon during any Kolkata TEAM-BHP meet and listen your experiences.
Red Panda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 17:22   #21
BHPian

Very nice photos, narration of your solo ride travelogue.

Quote:
You see, travelling in a motorcycle is different from a car. There’s openness as opposed to containment. And that means you can actually touch, experience and see things more closely in a motorcycle. That draft of cold air hitting the face or those gloved hands getting frozen is the real thing which you can’t prevent. You are a part of the environment and your reactions are partially or completely dictated by it; unlike a car where you are always confined to a compartment.
+1. Also, you can stop and park wherever required, capture photo, or just enjoy the beauty of mother nature.
Nempuguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 19:44   #22
BHPian

Thank you Sankar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar8588 View Post
WOW!!! That was one hell of a ride... Discovering oneself in such calm and tranquil places, is something which we all crave to but hardly achieve. Kudos to you...
Thank you PravStar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PravStar View Post
What a superb poetic narration. Felt like I am travelling with you and your beloved bullet. ..Timeshifting. Thanks brother.
Thank You Joel! Wish you the best of luck for your journey and congrats in advance for your new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
It is said "A picture is worth a thousand words" and your post just did that. ...and the minimal text was icing on the cake (True BHP Style).
Thank You BlackPearl for the rating !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
No worries Sayak, if we start giving thanks to everybody on this forum for all their inputs, the travelogues would be filled up with names
You have excellent writing skills, keep on travelling and travelogue-ing (if there is any term like that). Forgot to mention that rated a well deserved 5 stars to your thread.
Thank You mustang_shelby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Amazing pictures and I enjoyed your offbeat writing style as well. The last photo is simply magical.
Thank You FuelInjector!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
beautiful wording on a great travel. Loved the pictures and thanks for sharing.
Yes Nempuguru, agreed. A motorcycle gives a lot of freedom in navigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nempuguru View Post
+1. Also, you can stop and park wherever required, capture photo, or just enjoy the beauty of mother nature.
Thank you Red Panda!
Quote:
Sayakc, your descriptive writeup and the photographs go hand in hand. Hope to meet you soon during any Kolkata TEAM-BHP meet and listen your experiences.

Last edited by sayakc : 1st December 2015 at 19:46.
Old 3rd December 2015, 03:46   #23
BHPian

I really don't have words to express my feelings after going through your travelogue. I was done booking my tickets to Leh for Feb first week and stumbled upon your journey. I could feel that moment where you sat on a boulder, lit up a cigarette and kept gazing the stars. A moment worth all the pain you took in getting there.

Last edited by k.sumit : 3rd December 2015 at 03:53.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:53   #24
BHPian

Fantastic write-up Sayakc thanks for sharing the experience. The problems you faced while going up to Tonglu, it’s scary and in my personal view this stretch of road is not for 2 wheelers.

Walking alone at night in those places are best avoided, man you might be having nerves of steel. The fall pictures are awesome and this is one of the best times to travel to Singalila National Park another one is the Rhododendron season.
I wish you travel more to enrich us with your crisp writing and lots of good pictures.

Let me share a different view of the same place (Coming down from Tonglu in April).

Tonglu: Wheels on the Holy Road-dsc_2451.jpg
SouraC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 12:45   #25
BHPian

Dear SouraC,

I have heard that April and May is a great time for the Rhododendron flowers and the photo you took is indeed a beautiful one. Realized this time I need to trek this trail some day in the future!

Regards,
Sayak
Old 5th December 2015, 03:15   #26
BHPian

Let there be 1000 photos & 100 travelogues on Darjeeling/around. The 101st T'logue and the adjoined set of photos all will look new and fresh & yours proved it.
Others would have already said, i say it again, you have a writer in you. I could feel your experience. Your words light up a different perspective of enjoying the nature, not by being there but by being a part of the nature itself.
As said by someone "Time spent in nature is time spent realizing that you don't know it all and that you never will". But it is always worth spending time to experience its beauty, often.
Thank you Sayakc. Deserves 5*
Raaj* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 08:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
... And the next day, I rode off solo to Tonglu on my motorcycle. And what an experience it was. ...

This travelogue, not being substantial, initially I hesitated in publishing it.. But on later thoughts realized that publishing this holds more quality than not publishing it and so here it goes.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful writing and photographs. It is often said that a picture is worth thousand words. I would say that your words are equally vivid. Lastly, I presume you have set your level of "being substantial" at a much higher level than ordinary mortals Anyway, please keep us posted about your trips.

Best,
Golam
gmhossain is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks