Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2015, 20:03   #1
BHPian

Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore

It all started when my 3 year son Sid wanted to ride a horse. God knows from where he got the idea, but when a kid wants something, that something has to come. come what may.
I started exploring online and found out a few places. Of all the results, we zeroed onto this place called the Embassy riding school. We felt that this place could make a good all day event instead of just ride a horse and go home. If it turns out to be a dud, then we still would have enjoyed our drive or mindlessly roam around in those country roads. So, with this idea in mind and with little expectations, we started off after a lazy lunch on a sunny Sunday.

A little after the Yelahanka Airbase, we took a left. The roads were excellent but with a bad patch here and there. It was hardly 5-6 kms off the highway but it felt like we were in the countryside.

Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-0-large.jpg

Once we entered the property, the first sight of jockeys riding their horses at the parking lot got my son excited. He was running all around the place with the biggest grin on his face.

Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-1-large.jpg
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-2-large.jpg

This place surprised me a bit. I mean, we have seen cows and buffalo farms but never a full fledged horse farm. Ok, may be a farm with a couple of horses but not one specially for these with all the infrastructure. This looks just like in those wild west movies. It is clean and well maintained. Some of the horses were muscular and huge. Some were dressed in aprons too. I was more excited than the kid.

Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-4-large.jpg
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-5-large.jpg
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-12-large.jpg
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-9-large.jpg
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-14-large.jpg
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-15-large.jpg

Enquired at the reception, got the paperwork done and a pony was ready for his first maiden ride since he was not allowed to ride a big one. The ride lasts a cool 1 hour with a guy walking the pony.

Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-13-large.jpg

This place has almost 80 horses of all colors and sizes. After the ride, we explored the place a bit and understood how the horses are taken care at the stable. The horses were friendly and curious. It was evening and their feeding time, so they peeped out of their stable to check us out.

Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-6-large.jpg
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-7-large.jpg
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-8-large.jpg
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-10-large.jpg
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-11-large.jpg

The school offers courses on horse riding and other stuff for a price. There is also option to stay overnight on prior booking. The staff manning the horses were helpful too. The place has a small coffee shop that serves only Italian food.

They have a pony tractor too.
Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-16-large.jpg

Overall, it was a great day out and would highly recommend it.
One hour horse ride: Adult (below 80Kgs) Rs 750 & Kids, Rs 600. The ones at beaches take you a furlong and charge Rs 100. That way, this is worth every penny.
http://www.embassyridingschool.in/

Regards,
Krishna.
kittigadu is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 01:11   #2
BHPian

re: Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore

Great! I appreciate your son's guts I have seen kids in Marina beach, Besant nagar beach & Chokidhani crying / shouting out of fear when asked to sit on the horses. Your son is brave enough to seek a ride. Thanks for sharing the details, interesting to see them providing a tented camp. Should try as a family outing
Old 8th December 2015, 10:33   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
It all started when my 3 year son Sid wanted to ride a horse. God knows from where he got the idea, but when a kid wants something, that something has to come. come what may.
Cool place. Well, be prepared for horse rides (and other animal rides now) My daughter had a pony ride at the age of 3/4. And now she always wants to climb a horse/camel/elephant! whenever she sees one. She has been atop these animals alone (barring the elephant) more than I have in my entire life!
Old 8th December 2015, 10:49   #4
BHPian

Thank you for this post.

I head heard about the Embassy Riding school earlier, but never thought it was open for visitors. My son is about to turn 5, and I am sure he would be thrilled going to this place.
Old 8th December 2015, 11:01   #5
BHPian

what a cool place for kids and a stress buster for grown ups, awesome find!
Old 8th December 2015, 14:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore

Excellent post Krishna. This place looks very well kept, and the horses look happy and well groomed. The prices are not cheap, but then, this is an hour long ride, and with the proper safety measures in place, such as helmets for the riders. Its really nice to see the horses being allowed to roam free when not riding. Shows that they're being given time off and some freedom from an otherwise captive existence. Will definitely visit this place on my next visit to Bangalore
Old 8th December 2015, 17:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

My nieces used to frequent this place, but it is quite expensive for a regular rider. The hourly rates are high, and a membership doesn't mean that the hourly rates are waived, just that one has a membership. Those are the negatives, but the positives are that the horses are beautiful and wonderfully groomed, and the trainers are pretty good too, but you need to have deep pockets to get enough hours in to really learn horse riding.
Old 8th December 2015, 23:22   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Reminded me of my Bangy days. Even I developed a craze for horse riding out of the blue, at the age of 28 or so. Staying at Madiwala, the closest option was somewhere near Koramangala; in the Army base.

They do have a lot of horses and charged me 300/- per hour I believe. There were a lot of kids who were taking training. Being Army, they start sharp on time and end on time as well. It was definitely a lot of fun & a bit embarrassing getting trained with kids of ages 7-10.

And most of the kids have had their favorite horses too; they would frown if they don't get their fav ones for riding. Some information I got from the trainer was

1. The best horses come from UP
2. They don't train the ponies till the age of 2 or so; the only job for those are to leisurely eat
3. They spent around 2L for a horse per month for maintenance
4. They rent horses for riding events too
5. I was told - Don't approach the horse from behind, those may kick you. Don't approach the horse from the front, those may bite you!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th December 2015 at 23:23.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 10:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

SOURCE: http://forbesindia.com/article/india...ssions/41277/0

Dawn to Dusk - Embassy Horse Riding School in Bangalore-new-picture.jpg

Regards-Sonu
Old 9th December 2015, 10:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

There is a riding school in the Army staff college campus on old airport road, next to the golf course. you may want to check that out as well.
Old 9th December 2015, 13:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
There is a riding school in the Army staff college campus on old airport road, next to the golf course. you may want to check that out as well.
That's the ASC centre = Army Service Corps centre (not Staff College).

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Reminded me of my Bangy days. Even I developed a craze for horse riding out of the blue, at the age of 28 or so. Staying at Madiwala, the closest option was somewhere near Koramangala; in the Army base.
Is the ASC Centre where you used to go too? That is where my nieces go now, on weekends and holidays.

Last edited by VeluM : 9th December 2015 at 13:10.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 20:19   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
....Is the ASC Centre where you used to go too? That is where my nieces go now, on weekends and holidays.
Cant really recollect the place; guess its the old airport road. One thing I remember is they have a battle tank displayed in front of one of their properties.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 18:04   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
That's the ASC centre = Army Service Corps centre (not Staff College).
Is the ASC Centre where you used to go too? That is where my nieces go now, on weekends and holidays.
Anybody can confirm this location? My daughters have been asking for a horse ride and I cant find any feasible one. If there is one around HAL airport side of the city, it would be more feasible than yelahanka

Most Viewed