Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2015, 16:42   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Hampi, Deep Dive

Very nice pictures and well detailed travelogue. 400 KM from Hyderabad is easily doable and thank you for invoking the interest to drive down to this place :-).
Also you mentioned that post Raichur we can decide between two routes one with good roads and the other with good visuals, please let me know which the the other route apart form the one you took.

Cheers,
pdma.

PS : Your love for your car is visible all throughout.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 19:49   #17
BHPian

Excellent pictures and nice writing!

It's been in my to-drive list for couple of years now. Your post is sure inspiring to plan in near future. Seeing the greenery and climate, I think winter is the best time. Can you suggest?

Also, are there statues of the King Krishnadevaraya & Queen anywhere?
Pam81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 11:04   #18
BHPian

Any updates on the latest road conditions between Hyderabad and Hampi?
Old 31st July 2018, 10:36   #19
BHPian

Been to hampi from hyderabad on Saturday early morning. Chosen the below route for onward journey:

Gachibowli > Nehru ORR > Jadcherla > Mahbubnagar > Deosugur > Raichur > Sindhanur > Gangavati > Hampi

Needles to say about the condition of road till Jadcherla..It's great. It was okay till Mehboobnagar too. However the road condition between Mehboobnagar till Sindhanur is not good. So many poor road condition in large patches , several speed breakers one in every 1-2 KMs and multiple diversions are the highlights of the road. The diversions are mainly due to the small bridges being constructed enroute. There was a patch of about more than 5KM which was really unpleasant. In simple words I would avoid this stretch to reach hampi.

We were lucky that it was not raining that late night/early morning else it would have been difficult for us to negotiate those puddled diversions.

It may take another year to get things in order I mean till roads are re-laid. Checking with locals and proceeding in the pre defined route is advisable.
After Sindhanur it was single but good roads till the destination. Speed breakers will still be part of the journey but lesser in count.

Just to avoid that long patch I took another route to reach hyderabad.

Hampi > Kanakagiri > Lingsurur > Yadgir > Gurmatkal > Kodangal > Pargi > Manneguda > Kokapet (Total - 396 Km)

26Km stretch in this route between Gurmatkal & Pargi is really bad. Worst than the bad stretch found during the onward journey. double landing of road, laying water pipeline have made the conditions totally unwanted. There are long patches where there no tarmac currently. Must avoid stretch !

Other than this stretch the road is quite good. If you take a diversion from Gurmatkal then there is nice waterfall named Dhaba Dhabi Waterfall. The entire stretch to reach this water fall is quite scenic too.

Apologies for not being able to shot the pics enroute. Will try to upload some pics though.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Hampi, Deep Dive-20180729_165714.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks