Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 16:23   #16
BHPian

Re: In quest of feathered friends: Fiesta takes us to Purbasthali, West Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Great Travelogue, Petrolhead_Neel.

Crisp writing and good attention to detail, with beautiful pics !

By any chance, is bird watching / photography one of your hobbies ?? Seems to me you have knack for it
Hi The Stranger,

Thanks a lot. Photography and bird watching are hobbies indeed, more so for my Dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Neel,

The travelogue is fantastic.

But still better- Your father is an outstanding photographer.
The pics of the feathered friends are really Nat Geo class.

Beautiful writeup peppered with excellent pics!!
Thanks a lot! Have passed on your comments to my Dad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Lovely place and beautifully written.

Its almost like you uncovered a hidden treasure trove of beauty.
Thanks for taking us along via the pictures to this place.
Thanks a lot Sir. I will surely try to post more travelogues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
Killer travelogue! Super fantastic considering your first travelogue. Crisp narration, to the point, and accompanied by some very tasteful photographs. You are turning out to be quite a photographer. Keep it up lil bro And keep treating us with many more such travelogues
Thank you Shubhodeep Da!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Very nice travelogue Neel and the pics are superb. Thanks for sharing it. Also it would be great if you could point out the exact place on a map and the route to be taken from Kolkata.
Hi Sumitro Daa,

I am glad you liked the TL. I have tried to point out the location of Purbasthali and the route to be taken from Kolkata in the following screenshots of Google Maps. Here, you can also see Parulia Bazar, where we had our breakfast. The place marked as Chupi was where we went.

In quest of feathered friends: Fiesta takes us to Purbasthali, West Bengal-screenshot-20160205-161207.png

In quest of feathered friends: Fiesta takes us to Purbasthali, West Bengal-screenshot-20160205-161314.png

In quest of feathered friends: Fiesta takes us to Purbasthali, West Bengal-screenshot-20160205-162459.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
Very well put up Neel! Your feathered friends will surely have been but proud of you, if only they could see the travelogue, let alone read it!
Many Happy miles to your buddy Toofun, and you! Fun filled both of you are!
Thanks a ton. Will convey your regards to TooFun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Nice travelogue Neel. Loved the title too. The pics came out really nice.

Only one advice, hope you do not mind. Please try to focus on the birds eye, that will make the pics more standout.

Toofun needs a special mention too for its beautiful pics and the first pic of this travelogue is really superb.
Wish you all the best and hope to see many such beautiful travelogues in the future.
Thanks a lot Samba Da! Your photographs teach a lot. Will keep your tip in mind from next time onward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Great writing and super crisp travelogue! And sure thing that your dad is a fantastic photographer. Loved the pictures.
Give us more such travelogues in future.

Regards,
Saket.
Thanks a lot Saket Sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Amazing travel log man! The attention to detail and the pictures are amazing! Seriously, 8th grade aren't you? All the best and do keep giving us such awesome travel logs!
Hey dude,thanks! 8th grade indeed, but so are you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Wonderful depiction and equally good photographs, Neel.

Thanks for putting up a travelogue on another beautiful place in our very own Bengal. Time to update the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-tourists.html

Well done!
Thanks a lot. I will update the thread as you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
As usual, your writing skills makes this travelogue a pleasurable read. Some of the photographs are simply superb. Overall an excellent contribution to the forum

It is amazing how unknown we are to our own habitat and to the places to which we belong or travel to. I have frequented around Purbasthali a few times in the year 2015 unknown to the fact that such outstanding feathered friends can be sighted.

It seems you and TooFun both had your own share of Fun in your own ways during this road trip. Keep it up !!
Thank you AJ-got-BHP! Maybe BHPians can plan a trip to Purbasthali next time together?

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 5th February 2016 at 16:25.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 21:14   #17
BHPian

Lovely write-up Neel. I wish I could write half as good as you do. Those pictures taken by your father are beautiful. Wish you more lovely road trips in future...take care..
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 19:14   #18
BHPian

Lovely birding trip with beautiful pictures ! I never knew about this place until i read this travelogue. Good to see you taking interest in wildlife photography, maybe join Himadri da in future photography trips ? Meanwhile TooFun had its fair share of frolic
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 12:29   #19
BHPian

Very crisp travelogue Neel; it was a pleasure to read. I shall follow your evolution as a writer with great interest. You have the talent to take up writing as a full time profession. If you decide to do so, it will be a rare privilege to follow your writing career from the beginning to its logical destination in the upper echelons of creative writing.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 19:55   #20
BHPian

Very good writing. I really wish Ford had continued with the Classic. Its a gem of a car.
The location has been saved in my maps for a visit some day. Thank you giving us a well described location.
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 21:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
Lovely write-up Neel. I wish I could write half as good as you do. Those pictures taken by your father are beautiful. Wish you more lovely road trips in future...take care..
Thanks a lot! I am glad you liked it. Will pass on your complimtents to Dad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Lovely birding trip with beautiful pictures ! I never knew about this place until i read this travelogue. Good to see you taking interest in wildlife photography, maybe join Himadri da in future photography trips ? Meanwhile TooFun had its fair share of frolic
Thank you Samrat Da! We Kolkata BHPians can plan a trip to Purbasthali next season together too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Very crisp travelogue Neel; it was a pleasure to read. I shall follow your evolution as a writer with great interest. You have the talent to take up writing as a full time profession. If you decide to do so, it will be a rare privilege to follow your writing career from the beginning to its logical destination in the upper echelons of creative writing.
Thank you Sir. I will try to live up to the expectations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Very good writing. I really wish Ford had continued with the Classic. Its a gem of a car.
The location has been saved in my maps for a visit some day. Thank you giving us a well described location.
Thank you lovecars21. Sadly, there's very little market for cars like the Classic. Its indeed a gem.

Regards,
Neel
Old 25th February 2016, 01:00   #22
BHPian

Neel - Wow ! You have your career sorted I think ! Follow your heart and keep traveling..

Your dad's photos are extremely good. The EOS is also extremely capable, as you can see with your TooFun pics

Lots to learn from you
varunraizada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 13:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunraizada View Post
Neel - Wow ! You have your career sorted I think ! Follow your heart and keep traveling..

Your dad's photos are extremely good.
Thanks a ton! Will indeed keep try to follow my heart and travel.
Quote:
The EOS is also extremely capable, as you can see with your TooFun pics
The EOS is indeed a good camera, especially for beginners like me. More than three years old yet still doesn't show its age.

Regards,
Neel

P.S: Extremely sorry for the late reply.
Old 12th March 2016, 18:15   #24
BHPian

Neel
I too had a chance to make a similar journey from Kolkata to Purbosthali in February and saw all the feathered friends featured in your travelogue. I must say it is a very beautiful place and it gave us an opportunity to see Red Crested Pochards from very close. These birds are rare in and near Mumbai where I stay. Thanks for sharing your experiences in the travelogue.
rainthreat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed