Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2016, 09:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective

Dear AutoIndian,

Very nice! I am impressed by your trip, your coverage and your photo compilation.
I have been to all the places mentioned, except Shivthar Ghal. Now, I have to plan it!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 11:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear AutoIndian,

Very nice! I am impressed by your trip, your coverage and your photo compilation.
I have been to all the places mentioned, except Shivthar Ghal. Now, I have to plan it!

Girish Mahajan
Thank you Mahajan Sir for your compliments. Even I have visited all these places 2nd or 3rd time, however my family was visiting Shivthar Ghal for the first time. They now have a life time experience about this trip to share with everyone. Not just the destination, but the route to the destination is simply mesmerizing. In monsoons this place is like heaven on earth

As per Google maps, there are 3 routes to reach Mahad

3 h 23 min, 139 km
via NH66 (Tamhini Ghat)
2 h 56 min without traffic

3 h 35 min, 135 km
via NH4 and MH SH 70 (Bhor and Varandha ghat)
3 h 19 min without traffic

3 h 45 min, 192 km
via Mumbai - Pune Expy and NH66 (diversion from Khopoli)
3 h 19 min without traffic

You can choose either the first or the second one. Let me know if you need any more information and I shall be happy to share it.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 12:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thank you Mahajan Sir for your compliments. Even I have visited all these places 2nd or 3rd time, however my family was visiting Shivthar Ghal for the first time. They now have a life time experience about this trip to share with everyone. Not just the destination, but the route to the destination is simply mesmerizing. In monsoons this place is like heaven on earth
You can choose either the first or the second one. Let me know if you need any more information and I shall be happy to share it.
Dear AutoIndian,

Thanks for the info. I would have loved to go immediately. This weather is also favorable.

Unfortunately, my younger daughter is in 12th and her Board Exams are approaching. So,.. our one and only priority is that!

Let us see...

Thanks once more.

Girish Mahajan
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian

My TUV was dying for this day and such a trip, poor soul had to wait for almost two months.
Congrats AutoIndian on your first highway tank ride! Lovely pics!
I liked the meditation picture - adds a serene angle to the aggressive tank.

Were the 2nd row occupants comfortable considering the 2nd row doesn't seem to have much depth (under-thigh support)?
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Congrats AutoIndian on your first highway tank ride! Lovely pics!
I liked the meditation picture - adds a serene angle to the aggressive tank.

Were the 2nd row occupants comfortable considering the 2nd row doesn't seem to have much depth (under-thigh support)?
Thank you narenteam for your compliments. Regarding second row seating and its comfort, it depends on who occupies that seat. Most of the time the ladies occupied that seat. Since they are just above 5 feet, they didn't face any issue and all throughout the journey they were comfortable. Also full time my Dad (who is 5'9") occupied the second row. Even for him the seating and under thigh support was sufficient (perhaps due to the ample leg room). However he was not comfortable with the neck support. May be he should have adjusted the head rest to a more comfortable position. There were 4 occupants in the second row full time, my Dad, Mom, Aunt and 12 year old daughter. Due to ample shoulder room and lean to medium built they didn't feel uncomfortable

On another note, 100% of the time my wife occupied the third row (jump seat) with my son in her lap most of the times. This was almost 400+ kms of journey with winding ghat roads. Though the seat was comfortable and the jerks were bearable (being directly on top of rear wheel), she did complain about the cool AC air not reaching till her, especially during return trip in the afternoon when the sun was at the back of the car. A second row AC at least (if not a 3rd row), would have definitely helped throwing cool air right upto the 3rd row.
Old 4th January 2016, 18:54   #21
BHPian

This is an awesome travelogue and you must be now totally satisfied with your trust on the tank!
thanks for helping out all the prospective buyers
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 19:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
This is an awesome travelogue and you must be now totally satisfied with your trust on the tank!
thanks for helping out all the prospective buyers
Thanks chetans. I was desperately waiting to take my Orange Tank on such a kind of trip and it has come out with flying colors. The ride, handling, power, space everything is just spot on for my kind of requirements. Only lacunae I feel is the missing rear AC vents (This is more prominent in my case as earlier the family members were used to the individual AC vents of the Innova.
Old 5th January 2016, 10:36   #23
BHPian

Great writeup AutoIndian. Adding bits of history was a nice touch.
You have surely bought a car that perfectly suits your needs. Wish you many safe miles ahead.

I am in a similar situation where I bought my car (Fiat Linea) in Sep 2015 and have not been able drive much on highways. Only office and back. Planning for a drive to a beach this weekend.

Last edited by nikhil0405 : 5th January 2016 at 10:38.
nikhil0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 11:01   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
44-The famous Kailas Bhel joint on NH4
Attachment 1454894
When I drove to Pune and Mumbai last week, I was wondering if I will spot your Orange tank anywhere during my onward and return journey. Unfortunately I did not.

In the pic at Kailas Bhel, I see an TN22 Regd XUV 5oo with Team Bhp Stickers. This one and I drove almost together on the 1st of January towards Bangalore till Karad where I pulled over for few minutes.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 11:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil0405 View Post
Great writeup AutoIndian. Adding bits of history was a nice touch.
You have surely bought a car that perfectly suits your needs. Wish you many safe miles ahead.

I am in a similar situation where I bought my car (Fiat Linea) in Sep 2015 and have not been able drive much on highways. Only office and back. Planning for a drive to a beach this weekend.
Thank you for your wishes nikhil0405. I suggest you take up the beach trip at the first opportunity if you truly want to enjoy your car and test its true potential. Even your Linea will be happy to stretch its legs beyond city limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
When I drove to Pune and Mumbai last week, I was wondering if I will spot your Orange tank anywhere during my onward and return journey. Unfortunately I did not.

In the pic at Kailas Bhel, I see an TN22 Regd XUV 5oo with Team Bhp Stickers. This one and I drove almost together on the 1st of January towards Bangalore till Karad where I pulled over for few minutes.
I am feeling so unlucky that I missed the chance of meeting you. We were so very near yet far. Take a bow from me for your sharp eyes catching the TN22 Regd XUV 5oo with Team Bhp Stickers. Though I have myself clicked the pictures I never noticed the XUV with TBHP stickers.

Let me know when is the next time you would be visiting Pune, we can surely catch up that time at least.
Old 5th January 2016, 12:47   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Take a bow from me for your sharp eyes catching the TN22 Regd XUV 5oo with Team Bhp Stickers. Though I have myself clicked the pictures I never noticed the XUV with TBHP stickers.
I remember that XUV very well mainly because I had this one and another KA41 (Bangalore) Ertiga driving along with me, all at similar speeds and the special thing about XUV was the placement of both the stickers were same as my Ertiga . So was easy to spot this one.

Quote:
Let me know when is the next time you would be visiting Pune, we can surely catch up that time at least.
This was a trip that got decided in under few hours as the primary trip got cancelled. Since I had to keep the clock ticking, we decided to drive to Mumbai. Will certainly ping you the next time I am in Pune which usually happens almost every month, consistently!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 20:08   #27
BHPian

Deepakji: This is an amazing travelogue and you have inspired me to make plans to visit Shivthar Ghal myself. I wont be surprised if many other BHPians also feel like visiting this magical location!

Maybe we will be having a mini TEAM BHP meet there:-)

Once again, thank you for your hard work in sharing these trips with us!

Oh one more thing: your son is so cute!!! Please nazar utariye!!
john doe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 22:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Deepakji: This is an amazing travelogue and you have inspired me to make plans to visit Shivthar Ghal myself. I wont be surprised if many other BHPians also feel like visiting this magical location! Maybe we will be having a mini TEAM BHP meet there:-)
Once again, thank you for your hard work in sharing these trips with us!
Thank you john doe for your compliments. The whole purpose of taking pictures at various locations enroute and sharing them here was to make BHPians and other people alike aware of the beauty called Shivthar Ghal and Varandha ghat. Not just the destination, but the drive to this place is simply awesome. Even if one BHPian visits this place after taking inspiration from my travelogue, I would say my goal is achieved.

Quote:
Oh one more thing: your son is so cute!!! Please nazar utariye!!
Thanks for that, yes the "nazar utarna" ritual is daily followed either by his mother or his granny. He is one heck of a jumping jack, never stable, always on the run. With great difficulty I could make him pose in front of the tank and he obliged for just one instance.
Old 7th January 2016, 10:00   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: With my TUV300 to Sinhagad Fort, Balaji Temple, Narayanpur & Shivthar Ghal

Thanks for sharing, AutoIndian! Moved your trip posts into a new travelogue here .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 10:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: With my TUV300 to Sinhagad Fort, Balaji Temple, Narayanpur & Shivthar Ghal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing, AutoIndian! Moved your trip posts into a new travelogue here .
Thank you so much GTO for taking the efforts . Please accept my sincere apologies as I should have myself started a separate thread in first place in the Travelogues section. Been too lazy to do that. Appreciate you taking the pains.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks