Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2016, 17:20   #16
BHPian

re: Mumbai to Rajasthan in a Zoomcar Scorpio!

Conclusion:

Was an excellent trip. Both of us enjoyed the drive. we met some good poeple and kids got introduced to a bit of history.

The car behaved pretty well. We didnt have a single moment where we repented the zoom scorpio. Not even a Puncture.

Roads all accross were pretty good( other than the Kumbhalgarh-Ranakpur stretch). Just watch out for cattle on the roads in Rajasthan.

Food was good all across Gujarat and Rajasthan. We ate veg food only most of the time. We didnt have issues with food even with kids and no one had stomach issues too.

Car gave good fuel Efficiency. I think upwards of 14 Kmpl. For the 3400 kms we traveled we filled diesel worth INR 11900 and the car had about 80% tank full when we took the car. Just that we had to fill in every 300 odd kms. My Rapid i am used to filling up post 700 kms.

We paid about INR 1617 as toll tax for the entire stretch.

Cops didnt trouble us anywhere for the whole trip. We were just stopped on the return trip from Ahmedabad just before the Ahmedabad Baroda expressway. Asked for papers etc then was trying to make an issue of extra luggage on roof. We managed to talk him through and were on the way in less than 10 mins. My cousins govt job did help here also. But no one stopped us in Maharashtra, Rajasthan and in Gujarat too given that were driving KA registered vehicle.

People were noticing the red scorpio with Zoom written on the doors everywhere we drove through. We were getting a lot of stares on the road. might be due to the 2 layers of luggage on the top post Jaisalmer.

Hope I managed to do justice to the writeup. Please recommend anything i might have written incorrect or could do better in my next writeup.

Signing out ! Jai Mewad.

Cheers,
Shailesh.

Last edited by ShaileshHinge : 10th January 2016 at 22:17.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 12:50   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mumbai to Rajasthan in a Zoomcar Scorpio!

Thread moved from Assembly Line to the Travelogues section. Thanks for sharing!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 16:49   #18

Sir, very well written. This comes real handy in my road trip planning too.

I am also planning trip to rajasthan road trip.

Was wondering which version of Scorpio you got ? how was the overall experience with scorpio, (i noticed that you mentioned about body-roll, was it bearable ? or do u suggest some other car ? ) there's an option of ecosport too.

Thanks,
Akash
luckyakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 17:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyakash View Post
Sir, very well written. This comes real handy in my road trip planning too.

I am also planning trip to rajasthan road trip.

Was wondering which version of Scorpio you got ? how was the overall experience with scorpio, (i noticed that you mentioned about body-roll, was it bearable ? or do u suggest some other car ? ) there's an option of ecosport too.

Thanks,
Akash
Hi Aakash,

Good to know you found the travellogue useful .
On Scorpio - I dont remember the exact version of the car. Its been 11 months since i travelled. It didnt have ABS/ Airbags. Maybe you can look at the photos and make out. Yes the body roll was bearable. No one felt giddy other than on one occassion driving uphill mehrangarh fort.
I personally feel Ecosport will be a much better car to drive as compared to Scorpio.

Cheers,
Shailesh.
Old 10th January 2017, 08:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post

Signing out ! Jai Mewad.

Cheers,
Shailesh.
Hi Sailesh,
I'm planning a road trip to Rajasthan next month and need your help with regards to the tax you paid at the border - both at Gujarat and Rajasthan:
1. How do you go about paying the tax - as in - what docs are required, any forms to be filled, and also how does one figure out where to pay the tax at the RTO office.
2. I believe the temp permit for Gujarat is for 7 days - since I'll be back within that timeframe do I need to pay the permit fee again while entering Gujarat from Rajasthan?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm doing this road trip in my Ecosport which is on T-Permit.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10th January 2017, 11:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
1. How do you go about paying the tax - as in - what docs are required, any forms to be filled, and also how does one figure out where to pay the tax at the RTO office.
2. I believe the temp permit for Gujarat is for 7 days - since I'll be back within that timeframe do I need to pay the permit fee again while entering Gujarat from Rajasthan?
Thanks in advance!
1) its pretty straight forward. As soon as u approach the state borders, start looking for the tax office. these are not very well marked but you will figure out as there would be a lot of trucks parked around these offices. They will need your RC book, insurance, T-permit document, PUC. They will calculate the tax and you pay at the window. Its a 10 minute thing and gets done very smoothly.
2) the same tax should be fine is my assumption. You can ask at the border window at Gujrat.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 18:03   #22
BHPian

Loved reading through a well written detailed travelogue!!

It helped me plan my Rajasthan trip to a great extend. Thanks very much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks