Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2016, 10:32   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wanderlust Traveller: River Tern Lodge, Bhadra & Amruthapura Temple (KA)

Awesome travelogue Suhas as always!

Unfortunately I missed the Bhadra overnighter earlier and had to make this come back in my memory to plan. Your trip-thread just did that.

Nowadays Safaris are not really fun from the perspective of spotting the predators in Karnataka. Be it Kabini, Bandipur or even Bhadra. I guess the best would be to tag along the Photography expeditions for a week with professional shops. They somehow seem to spot the Safari in almost every trip they do!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 11:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Crisp and lovely to read Suhas.

The River Tern of JLR is perhaps the one that i like the most amongst all their properties, and have been there thrice and am sure i might end up going there again.

Did they not have the Water Games there this time? Its quite an event and my son just loves those water activities, and most often than not, me and my wife end up dragging him out of the waters.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 14:03   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I aspire of living in Bangalore for an year only to do all the weekend destinations I've read about in all such triplogs
Similarly, many from Bangalore would be dreaming of living in NCR region to hit Himalayan circuit easily

Anyways, hope you are able to manage time to complete your Coorg and around trip plan sometime soon. May be you can visit few nearby places too along with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Unfortunately I missed the Bhadra overnighter earlier and had to make this come back in my memory to plan. Nowadays Safaris are not really fun from the perspective of spotting the predators in Karnataka. Be it Kabini, Bandipur or even Bhadra. I guess the best would be to tag along the Photography expeditions for a week with professional shops. They somehow seem to spot the Safari in almost every trip they do!
Thanks. Well, I have missed all over-nighters till now.

Yes, along with that I guess it is best to make the trip on weekdays to avoid the usual rush. I guess what serious photographers do is to stop at one location, say a watering hole and wait there for animals to turn up. We instead drive around the jungle in hope of any sightings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Did they not have the Water Games there this time? Its quite an event and my son just loves those water activities, and most often than not, me and my wife end up dragging him out of the waters.
Thanks. Yes, they did have water games. Didn't opt for that since like other places they do not allow you to ride water-ski yourself.
Old 1st February 2016, 15:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Somehow had missed this log. Every trip needs to have a ASI temple at the end, eh? Good use of the 300mm

Where's next?
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 10:26   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Every trip needs to have a ASI temple at the end, eh? Good use of the 300mm
Where's next?
Yes, I have a thing for ASI maintained temples - beautiful architecture, less crowd

The pics of birds are 300mm + crop, the lens has its limitation when it comes to bird photography. However, considering the price of other options I am very much happy with this

Thinking of visiting Kabni again sometime before rains, and may be rent a bigger lens for that.
Old 6th March 2017, 14:38   #21
BHPian

Guys we are a group of 15 members (Including Kids and Ladies) who would be planning to visit River Tern Lodge from chennai by May 1st week. Let us know how the climate would be during that time of the year. Else If possible please suggest any other places which has a pleasant climate during scorching summer.
Old 14th March 2017, 11:18   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_hari82 View Post
Guys we are a group of 15 members (Including Kids and Ladies) who would be planning to visit River Tern Lodge from chennai by May 1st week. Let us know how the climate would be during that time of the year. Else If possible please suggest any other places which has a pleasant climate during scorching summer.
Summer is a good time to visit wildlife sanctuaries due to increased chances of animal sightings. However, river tern lodge doesn't have much of mammal sighting chances, the place is mostly famous for bird spotting.

Climate wise it is going to be hot, for that matter any sanctuary in KA is going to be hot during that time.

Ooty and Coorg would be cooler than other places, however still it may not be a pleasant visit with dry scenery all around and crowd due to vacations.
Old 6th November 2017, 16:32   #23
BHPian

Beautiful Travelogue. I am planning a visit in December. I am travelling to Kannur (Kerala) from Pune in my new 2017 DZire. I am quite excited about that. Making that more exciting is a pit stop that I am planning in River Tern. I plan to leave early from Pune and reach River Tern in the evening. I will be traveling on NH48 and deviate to Shimoga and onward to Lakkavali where River Tern is located. Please could you advise if the road towards River Tern is safe and motor-able during late evenings. Also wanted to understand if there is elephant movement in the late evenings and if its safe to drive.
Old 8th November 2017, 17:28   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
Also wanted to understand if there is elephant movement in the late evenings and if its safe to drive.
Thanks. No, there is no wildlife movement in that route. Infact, its through a village and not through forest.

The road condition is almost like this : Pic
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks