Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 09:46   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Forts, Palaces, Wildlife and more - 9,500 kms across South, West and North India

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Travelogues Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 12:11   #32
BHPian

Re: Forts, Palaces, Wildlife and more - 9,500 kms across South, West and North India

This incredible “Long” Travelogue actually kept us engaged, learning and day-dreaming!
There were times that I had doubt whether the scroll-bar of the right side is working or not!

You took us to Virtual Incredible India Tour with wonderful details about every town and its story behind it. Truly, this is one of the best Travelogues that inspire others to explore the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post

Be my co-traveller on this, long drive, a story telling and a visual extravaganza.
Yes, We enjoyed being your co-traveler to its core!

Last edited by Nick_Wanderlust : 28th January 2016 at 12:24.
Nick_Wanderlust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 12:57   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Wanderlust View Post
This incredible “Long” Travelogue actually kept us engaged, learning and day-dreaming!
I am past the time when I had to give a story in 4 bullet points! I am glad you liked this. I could have made 3-4 TLs out of this but that would have broken the continuity and the scale of the drive. Its been one epic drive.

Quote:
You took us to Virtual Incredible India Tour with wonderful details about every town and its story behind it. Truly, this is one of the best Travelogues that inspire others to explore the country.
Yes, our country is so wonderful, so vast, with so many local stories, with flavours, customs and character, with feel, festival and colour, with history, nature, royalty and wildlife...one can go on!

I am reminded of the famous Iqbal lines from Tarana-e-Hind

"Kuch Baat Hai Ke Hasti Mitti Nahin Humari...

Saare Jahan se Acha..."

Quote:
Yes, We enjoyed being your co-traveler to its core!
Thank you...and thank you for the wonderful words.
Old 28th January 2016, 13:06   #34
BHPian

Dear Rajain,

I have no words- no words at all to express what I felt!

The only thing I can say is that I am slightly jealous! I do not know about you, but I think I have become a bit older and a bit lazier with time!
However, I am going to try something like this - some time!

Rated 5 star - I did not have anything higher!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 13:29   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Uff! that's one HUGE trip you finished.

Beaches, Deserts, Mountains, Plains...you've covered all topographies
Herons, Vultures, Egrets...you've seen so many birds
Langur, Crocodile, Deer and TIGER...you've captured so many animals
Children, senior citizens, youth...you've clicked people of all ages

I can go on and on. Truly breathtaking. With the amount of scrolling I've done in the last 90 minutes, I may have to replace my mouse

Hope you keep on changing companies and in the interval give us such monstrous travelogues
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 14:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Rajain,

I have no words- no words at all to express what I felt!
Thank you...it was a breath taking experience for me as well. Some visuals were so amazing even I had no words left!

Quote:
The only thing I can say is that I am slightly jealous! I do not know about you, but I think I have become a bit older and a bit lazier with time!
Well I am just on the cusp...early forties. And its a great burst of energy to be able to do such epic travel.

Quote:
However, I am going to try something like this - some time!
Oh yes...you must try it. Go out. Let the rubber hit the tarmac. Breathe the air away from our big cities, feel what local people feel and eat multiple flavours.

Quote:
Rated 5 star - I did not have anything higher!

Girish Mahajan
Thank you for the rating. I am humbled.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 14:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Well I am just on the cusp...early forties. And its a great burst of energy to be able to do such epic travel.

Rajain
Dear Rajain,

I am in the early fifties! Now, I find every year to be a 'significant' addition.

I am going to keep your posts 'on the radar'!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 14:32   #38
BHPian

Fantastic post. I bought an XUV500 last year (the pre-facelift version), and the furthest I've driven (from Bangalore) is Kodaikanal. Appreciate the details of planning for your trip, I hope I'll be able to do a long distance trip similarly at some point!
Detritus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 14:36   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Splendid coverage Rajain. You have almost done a Pan India drive and at what leisure!

Like Hemant put it, even I think my mouse scroll button needs a bit of WD40 now . That is a lot of pictures and you managed to click so many and put them here with a lot of supporting text too with brilliant organization. Kudos to you.

Regarding the Ertiga and its comfort levels, I would only make a point here as a fellow owner (Darn, Fellow Driver!!) that it glides and with peace on our highways. A real testimony was my recent drive with parents who were my co-passengers for 27 hours continuously. Never did they complain the next day and we were all back to business while I drove to work.

Irrespective of whether one may call this underpowered it is one fantastic Highway cruiser at 110-120kmph and all it needs is a simple tap of the A pedal to surge forward with whatever load. And if you are able to tap this potential, it is just like any other.

I faintly remember spotting your Ertiga parked right next to the Footpath of Koramangala club a few months before and that was the only time I actually spotted your stead.

By the way, every time I spot that Thule box, I feel it gels so well with the design (Length and MUVish sytling) of the Ertiga and the color too. In a way, at that parking lot of a food court on a highway, it tells others that you mean business, the business to drive with family!

Thanks for this wonderful travelogue. I had a treat today reading Hemant's and your Travelogue, both of which have their own essence and distinct USPs.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 15:08   #40
BHPian

Amazing travelogue!!! Wish there was a rating above 5 stars!!
People who travel abroad for vacation have no idea what they are missing in India.
Your detailing is immaculate and your photography catches the essence in every pixel. It feels like every picture is trying to tell a story to us, sometimes more than one story!!
A quick thought..Can we start a poll in this thread to rate the top 3 Pictures our of all this?

PS: With So many travelogues in Team-BHP forums, I think it would be wise for someone to inform GOI and have some tie-up for Tourism package "Incredible India" with Team-BHP
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 15:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Fantastic post. I bought an XUV500 last year (the pre-facelift version), and the furthest I've driven (from Bangalore) is Kodaikanal. Appreciate the details of planning for your trip, I hope I'll be able to do a long distance trip similarly at some point!
Well XUV is a fantastic vehicle. Loads of features and now the electronics and mechanicals are all well sorted out as well.

Doing a long distance is really what these kind of SUVs are meant for. Take it out and feel the wind.

Thank you for taking the time to go through the TL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Splendid coverage Rajain. You have almost done a Pan India drive and at what leisure!
Thank you Parag. While in NCR I was even contemplating a Spiti. Did you realise or know that even Leh is open right now (checked yesterday!) from the Srinagar route. Though the BRO would have put up a board saying they are not responsible for clearing snow and managing traffic (read rescue).

Thank you for your feedback. Yes it has bee one long drive.

Quote:
Like Hemant put it, even I think my mouse scroll button needs a bit of WD40 now . That is a lot of pictures and you managed to click so many and put them here with a lot of supporting text too with brilliant organization. Kudos to you.
Yes, the experience at each place, the feel of the palaces, forts, wildlife...what not. Selection of pictures has been one hard work in itself.

I did try to balance text with images though I know the pictures outweigh the text.

Quote:
Regarding the Ertiga and its comfort levels, I would only make a point here as a fellow owner (Darn, Fellow Driver!!) that it glides and with peace on our highways. A real testimony was my recent drive with parents who were my co-passengers for 27 hours continuously. Never did they complain the next day and we were all back to business while I drove to work.
Yes I totally agree. Its a very relaxed drive and the real sweetspot is 110-120 kmph - which is a really good speed to sustain and cover long distances quickly. I mean Vadodra to Ahemdabad was done in 42 minutes. If the road allows then its a wonderful vehicle. And even with that a good average. I have felt the engine to have a lot of grunt considering that a tap on the pedal even at 100 and it is surging ahead.

Quote:
Irrespective of whether one may call this underpowered it is one fantastic Highway cruiser at 110-120kmph and all it needs is a simple tap of the A pedal to surge forward with whatever load. And if you are able to tap this potential, it is just like any other.
Yes exactly. The engine, power to weight ratio and overall lightweight of the vehicle is a perfect balance.

Quote:
I faintly remember spotting your Ertiga parked right next to the Footpath of Koramangala club a few months before and that was the only time I actually spotted your stead.
:-) Either for tennis at the club or for a meal at Bhajohari. And the world is a small place. About 3 months ago, parked by the roadside in HSR, a person came and knocked my window. He too was driving an Ertiga. We got talking and it turns out he was a relative of yours!

Quote:
By the way, every time I spot that Thule box, I feel it gels so well with the design (Length and MUVish sytling) of the Ertiga and the color too. In a way, at that parking lot of a food court on a highway, it tells others that you mean business, the business to drive with family!
I so agree. Actually we had booked the cashmere (light golden) colour and after a six month wait and multiple follow ups they told me that silver is available. And so we got to silver. Turns out that was the best decision. The Thule box was silver and it was colour matched. Yes the overall dimensions, colour and get up gel so well with the vehicle.

I have had multiple occasions when someone has walked over to ask what is on top and yes it does add to the poise, stance and personality of the vehicle. Yes, the business of drive!

Quote:
Thanks for this wonderful travelogue. I had a treat today reading Hemant's and your Travelogue, both of which have their own essence and distinct USPs.
Thank you. Ever since I got back I had been using daily half an hour or sometimes an hour to write, select and do the prep work for this.

Thank you for taking the time to go through it.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 28th January 2016, 15:32   #42
BHPian

amazing travelogue.. thanks for all the details!
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 15:58   #43
BHPian

5 Stars!! Oh Boy! What a trip you have taken us all on! Hats off to your planning and bow for the execution. If your humor laced texts were the cakes, the pictures were the icing on top! Splendid coverage. Awesome ride and a fabulous blog. Come March, I am heading out too!
theroadrunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 16:09   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Amazing travelogue!!! Wish there was a rating above 5 stars!!
Thank you. Very kind and generous of you.

Quote:
People who travel abroad for vacation have no idea what they are missing in India.
You are right. Even our own backyard offers so much...we just have not been able to sell our story well. Otherwise there is so much to see an so much to talk about.

Quote:
Your detailing is immaculate and your photography catches the essence in every pixel. It feels like every picture is trying to tell a story to us, sometimes more than one story!!
A quick thought..Can we start a poll in this thread to rate the top 3 Pictures our of all this?
Thank you. I am still learning the tricks of taking good pictures. Yes the camera and its lenses have been good companions for some time and have seen a fair bit of the world with me. As someone who has clicked the pictures I can say it was tough choosing some and leaving others out. There are so many good pictures on Team bhp. I am glad I could contribute my bit.

Quote:
PS: With So many travelogues in Team-BHP forums, I think it would be wise for someone to inform GOI and have some tie-up for Tourism package "Incredible India" with Team-BHP
Well I am proud to be a citizen of India. And would not exchange it for anything card/PR/passport. And naturally some of our travels come across as packaging the wealth of history, culture, heritage and natural wonders of India.

To think of it there is so much more out there.

Quote:
Dear Rajain,

I am in the early fifties! Now, I find every year to be a 'significant' addition.

I am going to keep your posts 'on the radar'!

Girish Mahajan
Sure. And to consider that this is just a bit of the discovery of India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
amazing travelogue.. thanks for all the details!
You are welcome. Thanks for taking the time to review the TL

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Rajain : 28th January 2016 at 16:10.
Old 28th January 2016, 17:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Uff! that's one HUGE trip you finished.

Beaches, Deserts, Mountains, Plains...you've covered all topographies
Herons, Vultures, Egrets...you've seen so many birds
Langur, Crocodile, Deer and TIGER...you've captured so many animals
Children, senior citizens, youth...you've clicked people of all ages

I can go on and on. Truly breathtaking. With the amount of scrolling I've done in the last 90 minutes, I may have to replace my mouse

Hope you keep on changing companies and in the interval give us such monstrous travelogues
Sincere thank you.

Your own TL has been truly breath taking. In fact I will say, since we both seem to have had the same 'Friday" release I had to go back and check that while closing out were there things that you had done well. - And certainly with those charts - which you always do so well.

To me, this travel was a switch off and drive...to your hearts content. Just soak in it all.

Thank you once again.

Cheers
Rajain

Most Viewed