Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2016, 19:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Driving to Laguna Quilotoa (Ecuador)

Great travelogue. Thank you for the wonderful narration.
I have travelled extensively in South America myself. South America is similar to India but much more developed, more rich, more clean and law abiding when it comes to routine civic sense.

Why did you chose to sleep in your car instead of a hostel?
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 01:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for this lovely travellogue! If you were not rushing this trip, what else would you have done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Great travelogue. Thank you for the wonderful narration.
I have travelled extensively in South America myself. South America is similar to India but much more developed, more rich, more clean and law abiding when it comes to routine civic sense.
I think more to do with our population and also overall lesser folk having the opportunity of the tiny minority which contributes to what happens in india. I so wish our tourist spots are better developed and not made into a private resort by a politician! It takes a village to raise a child, and i think it takes more than a man to make us realize not to dirty our public spots!

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 08:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveryq View Post
Its an amazing and awesome experience to listen to hindi songs deep in the jungle in some remote part of the earth and that also from a person who has no idea about the language or the meaning of the songs.
Exactly! A similar thing happened to me while hiking to Macchu Picchu a week before this trip - I met a Peruvian tourist who knew a whole bunch of bollywood movies from the late 1990s. There seems to be no way to explain this mystery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Why did you chose to sleep in your car instead of a hostel?
Initially I was worried about the security of the car, more so as it was a rental. Later - after reaching the place and parking it seemed a waste to spend 20 dollars for 8 hours of sleep and I was not sure if it was practical to check out at 6 am in a quiet hostel like the one I saw where reception was not manned at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Thanks for this lovely travellogue! If you were not rushing this trip, what else would you have done?
If you mean my time in Ecuador - plan B was to take a bus from Quito for the five hour ride to Tulcán on the Ecuador-Colombia border and cross into Colombia for the night, returning the next day.

Plan C was to take a bus to Riobamba (6 hours) for a view of volcano Chimborazo.
Old 6th March 2016, 07:34   #19

Such a beautiful country with such nice people. Thank you for describing your experience for all of us.

Most Viewed