Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2016, 23:53   #16
BHPian

re: Exploring Royal Rajasthan in a 4WD Bolero (The White Tusker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hope you would not mind me sharing some recent pictures of our Ancestral Haveli (pronounced as "Haeli") @ Nawalgarh
Hey, AJ-got–BHP, I must say, you have managed to keep your haveli in prestine conditions. I used to feel sad to see the havelis, which could not withstand ravages of time and mankind.
I wish if these havelis could have 'Hakums' (i hope, its correct) like you have managed yours.

Last edited by ampere : 15th February 2016 at 00:15. Reason: Fixed quote
Inner Voice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 09:30   #17
BHPian

re: Exploring Royal Rajasthan in a 4WD Bolero (The White Tusker)

Quote:
@ BlackPearl Thanks a lot ssambyal1980 for the nice words! Were you born in 1980? If yes then we are of the same age.. lol
Yes I'm 1980 born and it's nice to know that you too are in the same age group.
Old 15th February 2016, 12:33   #18
BHPian

Re: Exploring Royal Rajasthan in a 4WD Bolero (The White Tusker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Voice View Post
Hey, AJ-got–BHP, I must say, you have managed to keep your haveli in prestine conditions. I used to feel sad to see the havelis, which could not withstand ravages of time and mankind.
I wish if these havelis could have 'Hakums' (i hope, its correct) like you have managed yours.
The situation was not the same a few years ago; say 8-10 years ago. The place was in tatters and the condition was going bad to worse, when everyone in the family decided to chip in with some extra funds in order to restore the place back to it's original being and make it livable. It's a full time job Bro !! Thankfully the elderly in the family have taken the initiative to take rounds on a monthly basis to keep a check on things. There is another Haveli beside ours which we have recently bought from it's owners and are now in the process of restoring the same as well and join both the Haveli's. Hope things move as planned !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 00:01   #19
BHPian

Vert nice travelogue, Rajasthan has a divine charm. Great to see you riding to all the parts of India.
StallionAmit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 00:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post

Thanks a lot Neel. Yes, this trip was done quite sometime back, the Thar was not in the scene.
Nice travelogue! I guessed it right then. Club Mahindra does not have property in Nawalgarh anymore so you must have visited it long time ago.
rx2389 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 09:36   #21
BHPian

Wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing. especially loved the Jhunjunu / Sikar snaps as i did my engineering in Pilani in the 90s. This place was ~30 kms from Pilani. We used to take mofa (something like a cycle with a small internal combustion engine) and go to these palces . Transported me back in time. Thanks again.
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:25   #22
BHPian

Sumitro, that's a lovely travelogue once again. The first thing that comes to my mind after reading your travelogue is that if God blesses all human beings with your stamina of driving, then the airlines will lose faith in Him.

Once again, lovely travelogue and some very lovely pictures. Kudos to you and your wife. Rated it 5*!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Had we known each other at the time of your travel, would have been happy to make the desired arrangements for a comfortable stay for you.
Arav, that's a lovely haveli you have! Hopefully, this offer will be extended to all the members of Team-BHP Kolkata Chapter .
psurelia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Arav, that's a lovely haveli you have! Hopefully, this offer will be extended to all the members of Team-BHP Kolkata Chapter .
Needless to mention as that goes without saying !! It would be my pleasure to host
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 18:23   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Vert nice travelogue, Rajasthan has a divine charm. Great to see you riding to all the parts of India.
Thanks a lot Amit. Hope to meet you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2389 View Post
Nice travelogue! I guessed it right then. Club Mahindra does not have property in Nawalgarh anymore so you must have visited it long time ago.
Thanks rx2389. Yes, you are right :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing. especially loved the Jhunjunu / Sikar snaps as i did my engineering in Pilani in the 90s. This place was ~30 kms from Pilani. We used to take mofa (something like a cycle with a small internal combustion engine) and go to these palces . Transported me back in time. Thanks again.
Thanks a lot FuelInjector and I am happy to have brought back nice memories for you :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Sumitro, that's a lovely travelogue once again. The first thing that comes to my mind after reading your travelogue is that if God blesses all human beings with your stamina of driving, then the airlines will lose faith in Him.

Once again, lovely travelogue and some very lovely pictures. Kudos to you and your wife. Rated it 5*!
Thanks a lot Partha, elated!
Old 16th February 2016, 18:31   #25
BHPian

Very nice travelogue, the sheer view of jaisalmer is breathtaking .

Nice photographs clicked

Kumbalgarh fort is in my to do list and here I'm inspired again .
Jose.solorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 15:53   #26
BHPian

Loved the travelogue! I always wonder how is Bolero 4X4's performance on the highway? What is the general cruising speed that you do? Is the ride uncomfortable compared to other SUVs?
YoungSaint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 01:35   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose.solorider View Post
Very nice travelogue, the sheer view of jaisalmer is breathtaking .

Nice photographs clicked

Kumbalgarh fort is in my to do list and here I'm inspired again .
Thanks Jose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
Loved the travelogue! I always wonder how is Bolero 4X4's performance on the highway? What is the general cruising speed that you do? Is the ride uncomfortable compared to other SUVs?
Thanks YoungSaint. The Bolero 4x4's performance on the highway is at par with the what can be expected from a 63Bhp engine lugging 2 tonnes of weight. It is horribly underpowered. The general cruising speed is around 90 to 100 kmph which is not too bad for our road conditions, but the pain area is the acceleration. Once you slow down, it takes ages to get upto speed again.
The ride is quite uncomfortable compared to 2WD Bolero due to leaf spring suspension all around. It is bumpy unless there is adequate weight.
The Bolero 4x4 is not the vehicle to look out for if you do a lot of highway travel. It is a good vehicle for the hills and bad roads. It is ultra reliable, rugged, cheap to maintain and can go anywhere
Old 21st February 2016, 19:37   #28
BHPian

A Royal travelogue I must say!
Very detailed with beautiful photographs. Rajasthan is a state I would love to visit again. The highways are so welcoming with backdrops of beautiful landscapes.
5 stars
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Jose!

Thanks YoungSaint. The Bolero 4x4's performance on the highway is at par with the what can be expected from a 63Bhp engine lugging 2 tonnes of weight. It is horribly underpowered. The general cruising speed is around 90 to 100 kmph which is not too bad for our road conditions, but the pain area is the acceleration. Once you slow down, it takes ages to get upto speed again.
The ride is quite uncomfortable compared to 2WD Bolero due to leaf spring suspension all around. It is bumpy unless there is adequate weight.
The Bolero 4x4 is not the vehicle to look out for if you do a lot of highway travel. It is a good vehicle for the hills and bad roads. It is ultra reliable, rugged, cheap to maintain and can go anywhere
Hi BlackPearl, thanks for the information. I was expecting the highway performance to be mediocre. And yes, there are no second thoughts about the performance of Bolero on hills. Long back I had come across one article where many 40+ lakh SUVs (BMWs, Mercedes') were taken to Ladakh but they used to continuously get stuck and Bolero was the rescue angel being 1/4 th the price but so much ahead in prowess on hills.

It must take a lot of patience to do long drives on these road tanks due to not-so-good highway touring abilities so hats off to you for such a long-long drive.

Keep driving.
YoungSaint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 18:02   #30
BANNED

Quote:
This was quite a long travelogue by my standards. The end!
So no real sand/dune driving happened??

Nevertheless, you had fun, and that is what matters. What was your FE and at what speeds on the highways?

Most Viewed