Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2016, 17:14   #31
BHPian

Re: Weekend Trip to Darjeeling in a Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
No, that is an old bridge, repaired. Darjeeling had a lot of these suspension bridges. Remember the one at Tista Bazar.
Sorry then. I crossed that bridge after Jorethang.

Quote:
And with that one statement, you have put it on a lot of peoples bucket list!
Thanks. But the road I took could be very easily covered with a sedan, had the road surface been better. Big potholes had put lot of pressure on the clutch, when I tried not to damage the suspension. No need for any 4 wheel drive cars, any rear wheel driven vehicle will climb it with ease.

Quote:
I still can't figure out why all the travelers on this forum dont take a GPS trackplot.
Sorry Sutriptada, I did not have any GPS device in my car, hence it was not possible for me.
Old 20th March 2016, 22:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Sorry Sutriptada, I did not have any GPS device in my car, hence it was not possible for me.
Use the GPS in the smartphone.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 28th March 2016, 16:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Bravo PapaBravo !! What you have done requires serious guts, and I am sure that you have felt the Darr ke agey jeet hai feeling . Come April, I am moving to Kolkata. Waiting to be a part of the addas there, and slipping in a trip here and there, not to mention my eternal itch for Kol-Siliguri trip ( I spent my schooling days in Slg you see )
Thank you adg_andy. PM me once you are here. Will catch up on the addas. Kol-Siliguri route is better now. It can be done in 12 hrs since NH34 has been improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Hi friends,
This week I went to Darjeeling. While there was nothing important in that, this time I went there from Jorethang (in Sikkim). It was an extremely bad direct route (both due to very steep gradient and extremely bad road surface) and was advised by our esteemed member BlackPearl not to use that route, I chose that route because it was shorter. I did not have to drive up to Teesta Bazar area to access Peshok Road.
Thank you for the pictures. We had earlier plannned of going thru Zamune but since we we reached quite late at night we decided to take Pankhabari.

Regards,

Pawan
Old 4th April 2016, 13:34   #34
BHPian

Great travelogue PapaBravo, you bring new meaning to a road trip to Darjeeling. I am in awe of the photos of the Sandakphu trail and truly appreciate your courage to drive that route.
How was your stay at the Darjeeling Club, could you let us know how to book a room at the club, does one have to be a member to book a room at the club.
Old 4th April 2016, 16:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduttaghy View Post
Great travelogue PapaBravo, you bring new meaning to a road trip to Darjeeling. I am in awe of the photos of the Sandakphu trail and truly appreciate your courage to drive that route.
How was your stay at the Darjeeling Club, could you let us know how to book a room at the club, does one have to be a member to book a room at the club.
Thank you pduttghy. I wish I had a better camera than the phone one to capture better images. Regarding the Gymkhana Club. I has answered the same on the first page. Quoting again for convenience.

Quote:
No membership required. You can contact them thru a number given on their site or at 03542252328. Although the rack rates start from Rs. 5000 w/o tax you can negotiate a lot. I think we had managed a 30-35% discount.
Regards,

Pawan

Most Viewed