Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 02:13   #76

Re: The Sanskari Middle Europe Trip - From Berlin to Vienna via Eastern Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
[b][u]Onwards to our next Destination .. the Hungarian capital of "Booda-Pesht"Keep reading !
Omg, omg, omg, waiting for Budapest now, just my 2 cents, did my junior schooling from Szeged and middle and IB from British International School, Budapest, it's in the Buda region, and I must say, one of the best schools in the eastern side of Europe.
I hope you cherished the Buda Castle at Sunday nights with full lights, and the famous 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam' bridge, I mean the chain bridge.

Anyway I am now eagerly waiting to look at Budapest from your perspective and your famous tag lines for all your pictures.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th December 2018 at 20:25. Reason: Additioinal smileys deleted.
understated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 02:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hello Maulik,

Thank you for allowing me to add couple of pictures from my visit to Prague.

The Sanskari Middle Europe Trip - From Berlin to Vienna via Eastern Europe-20150227_151412.jpg

The Sanskari Middle Europe Trip - From Berlin to Vienna via Eastern Europe-20150227_151504.jpg

The Sanskari Middle Europe Trip - From Berlin to Vienna via Eastern Europe-dsc08426.jpg

The Sanskari Middle Europe Trip - From Berlin to Vienna via Eastern Europe-dsc08479.jpg

Did you got a chance to have vegetarian food in Prague? Even I being a gujju and jain vegetarian food was a issue. Since we were based in Germany, we could not carry as much home food as you all did. Fortunately we found Beas Dhaba, which is vegetarian Indian restaurant chain in Prague and has 6 branches in Prague - http://www.beas-dhaba.cz/en. Best part food is sold by weight, yes weight!!! And if you go within 1 hour of closing time, 40% flat discount, much to delight of gujju family.

Thanks,
Jignesh
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 22:16   #78
BHPian

Just bumped across your thread ... lovely pics and travel diary. reminded me of a similar trip I took just a month before you in Feb 2016 with
3 friends (We joined college in 1999 and became best friends since then).

Attaching a google map of our route. One of them lives in Luxembourg, so we hired a car from there and roamed around the following routes:

Lux > Paris (Lux to Paris, 2 of us took the train. 1 day later the 3rd friend joined by car) > through Belgium into Lux again > Nuremberg > Prague > Vienna > Bratislava > Budapest > Zagreb > Plitvice Park (Croatia) > Bihac (Bosnia) > Rovinj > Motovun > Lubajana > Lake Bled and Bohinj and Julian Alps > Munich > back to Lux.

The Sanskari Middle Europe Trip - From Berlin to Vienna via Eastern Europe-europe-drive-feb-2016.jpg

What a trip we had! East Europe is totally unexplored - must visit. Other parts of Europe should be visited but don't ignore this side, its beauty cannot be matched.

Someday I will sit a prepare a travelogue of our trip. This was the best trip of my life!

Last edited by aah78 : 9th March 2017 at 20:17. Reason: Post edited for readability. Excessive dots removed. Image inserted in-line.
Old 4th March 2018, 21:58   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Prague Day 3 - the End !!

Onwards to our next Destination .. the Hungarian capital of "Booda-Pesht"

Keep reading !
Great travelogue!! But I am not able to find the next installment of your trip to Budapest and Austria. This seems to have abruptly ended here. Can you help me find the remaining bit? I am planning a trip to Austria/Prague and came across this while searching in team BHP for tips and advices.
Old 4th December 2018, 10:07   #80
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We are Gujaratis … and Gujaratis rarely travel light. We pack according to a 5N/6D holiday when going for a one day picnic. It stems from the innate business desires for deriving maximum ROI on their investments (air tickets paid) - meaning utilising every Kg, inch, cm & mm allowed in baggage weight & also a few extra kilos which we will request the airline staff to allow.
Hahaha - true. I was recently checking out of a 5-star hotel on a Monday morning at 0700 hours because it was a working Monday and I wanted to be back on my desk. Looked around the reception area and it was empty. So I politely asked the lady "everyone else has already checked out?".

She says "no".

Me "How come?"

Her "People will check out between noon - 1 pm". Then she chuckled and added that few people will give up the "hours" on the room still remaining.
Old 7th April 2023, 17:26   #81

A great fun to read travelogue with amazing photos with witty captions !!! A gifted way of writing, I must say.

Is there a another link to remaining part of the travelogue ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks