Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 08:30   #16

Re: Dwarfing along - Dreaming of the hills (Ooty)

A Wonderfully written photologue! .

Its a strange feeling when one visits such places of prestine beauty; as if Time has stood still here all this while!

For the real adventure seekers, it is better to move away from the usual Tourists spots (especially OOTY Town which is chaotic with traffic) and visit some of the off beat places like the Parson's Valley, the Porthimundu Lake and the breathtaking Pykara Falls.

Note: Do not completely rely on the usual GPS and it is better to depend on the help from Locals to get to these places.
giri7int is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 15:03   #17

What a beautiful travelogue. The pictures make me want to go there and the poetry just takes me there. Wonderful read in the hot and humid Bombay.
Roadrunner2016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:16   #18
BHPian

That's some lovely pictures there
Really enjoyed going through the travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Ooty proper has become just another tourist destination but the outskirts is where the beauty is. That is why I decided to stay way out of town and did not visit any of the touristy destinations
Totally agree!!
My last visit to Ooty was disastrous to say the least as it was unplanned and I landed up in town with my family. Town was so chaotic, just did not enjoy that stay. That's when I had decided that next time I will visit outskirts/Coonoor to erase that bad memory. Been planning this for sometime now, do you mind sharing little more details of Western valley resort? Like hospitality, food and tariff. Going by the pictures it looks like a terrific location
BlueEyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:40   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
do you mind sharing little more details of Western valley resort? Like hospitality, food and tariff. Going by the pictures it looks like a terrific location
Location is beautiful. Hospitality & food is also very good. They just have a small restaurant right now which caters to a mix of north & south Indian cuisine for lunch & dinner. Food is tasty and not very overpriced (based on Bangalore standards). Booked via yatra and stay was 4K per night for 3 adults + kid inclusive of breakfast.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 10:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

The place will never lose it charm! Will it ever?

Brilliant!
Never !!!
In fact, with such a heavy inflow of tourists increasing every passing year, the investment on aesthetics will only get better.
Just that Ooty has become like Bangalore now. Too much traffic and pollution. Being a local, it gets annoying sometimes (but thats how it works).

However, Kotagiri (28km from Ooty) is equally beautiful and lesser populated. A better choice IMHO.
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 11:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Could'nt agree more. For someone who spent the best parts of childhood studying at Coonoor, i find it hard not to visit or pass by coonoor atleast twice a year, despite all the traffic and crowds.

I too avoid the regular spots and have explored the other unexplored parts of the Nilgiris. It sure wont lose it charm.
Old 14th May 2016, 11:41   #22
BHPian

Wow! You refreshed my memories of the place. Specially Emerald and Avalanche. In my opinion, Ooty is crowded beyond it can handle.

Places like Avalanche and Emerald make up for it. Some pictures from my side if you dont mind.
Dwarfing along - Dreaming of the hills (Ooty)-dsc09338_edit.jpg

Dwarfing along - Dreaming of the hills (Ooty)-dsc09393_edit.jpg

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks