Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 00:18   #31
BHPian

Re: 6,000 km Roadtrip: Bangalore to Garhwal Himalayas

Dude, allow me to compliment you and the Mrs. for an absolutey fabulous travelogue. I feared my comment would be buried in page 11 or so, I am surprised it's still page 2. But i guess travelogue section is a bit of a step child

But, sorry, coming back to your trip. Absolutely beautiful laid out, neatly explained, with pictures wherever necessary to the story, dash cam videos, small little nuggets of trivia. Absolutely nailed it! It was a long travelogue, and I finished it in my third sitting, but you and your wife made sure I kept coming back to finish it. It also helps that Uttarakhand is a state close to my heart, but your perspective was beautiful.

Keep revving, and keep writing. More power to you !
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:21   #32
BHPian

By the way, I am travelling to Bangalore tomorrow evening on some office work. I would go to SER2 office. If possible, we can meet on Wednesday.
Old 23rd May 2016, 15:16   #33
BHPian

Bravo pawanarya superb travelogue and even better narration by your wife. She has really written it well. The pictures also crisp and nice. Hats off to your solo drive of 2175 kms. Just wanted to know if you can give any pointers in doing such a long solo drive. I know we can listen to the music that we want to other than that anything else.
alfaromeo1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 00:28   #34
BHPian

wow! very impressive!

That video of the narrow roads were awesome! Is there another road which one takes for the return or is it the same single road ?

can't imagine how it will be if it is supposed to be a two-way traffic

Pretty gutsy family, yours I'd say! ! I for one, would not have attempted this!

Kudos to your wife also, for penning this nice travelogue!
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 10:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Dude, allow me to compliment you and the Mrs. for an absolutey fabulous travelogue. I feared my comment would be buried in page 11 or so, I am surprised it's still page 2. But i guess travelogue section is a bit of a step child

But, sorry, coming back to your trip. Absolutely beautiful laid out, neatly explained, with pictures wherever necessary to the story, dash cam videos, small little nuggets of trivia. Absolutely nailed it! It was a long travelogue, and I finished it in my third sitting, but you and your wife made sure I kept coming back to finish it. It also helps that Uttarakhand is a state close to my heart, but your perspective was beautiful.

Keep revving, and keep writing. More power to you !
Thanks !! Glad you liked it . Have communicated your compliment to her as well, though she is still not allowed to log in Team BHP
pawanarya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 14:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeo1984 View Post
Bravo pawanarya superb travelogue and even better narration by your wife. She has really written it well. The pictures also crisp and nice. Hats off to your solo drive of 2175 kms. Just wanted to know if you can give any pointers in doing such a long solo drive. I know we can listen to the music that we want to other than that anything else.
Thanks alfaromeo1984. For such long drives, apart from everything else and the preparation, the best things you do to yourself is during the trip.
  1. Enjoy the drive. Nothing is more tiring than telling yourself that you are feeling tired.
  2. Get ample rest before the drive and take breaks whenever the "Too much" feeling creeps in.
  3. Carry ample water/fluids and keep a couple of packs of fruit juices handy. The sugers help in keeping you pepped up.
  4. This one is most important. Drive safe and always drive on the left lane unless overtaking. People have a tendency of shifting to the right lane on divided highways assuming its the fastest lane and they are the fastest. Most accidents happen when people are going fast in the right lane and get very little reaction time if some other vehicle comes out of the medians or even animals that just jump onto the road from these dividers. I have seen crumpled cars doing 120+ and hit into trucks that decided to cross over through the median, and another DZire crashing into a buffalo that jumped onto the road out of nowhere. In the left lane though, the road visibility is much improved and you get that extra time to react to situations, if one arises.

I am sure you will figure out the rest of the pointers yourself once you hit the road solo a couple of times.

Damn! This topic of 'how to' this can be a separate post itself. Later maybe, if it doesn't already exist.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
wow! very impressive!

That video of the narrow roads were awesome! Is there another road which one takes for the return or is it the same single road ?

can't imagine how it will be if it is supposed to be a two-way traffic

Pretty gutsy family, yours I'd say! ! I for one, would not have attempted this!

Kudos to your wife also, for penning this nice travelogue!
Thanks haria. Haha i wish it was one way traffic on those roads

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks