Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 13:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Phalut: The Meadowlands of the East

Sayakc, it was a beautifully written travelogue with lively pictures. That must be a wonderful place. Thanks for sharing the experience with us!!
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 14:53   #17
BHPian

Beautiful thread Sayak, the photographs have been a real treat to the eyes. I just loved the way you have presented the write-up. The narration kept me glued to the travelogue, rated 5 stars.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 16:33   #18
BHPian

Wonderful Travelogue Sayakc. The pictures are mindblowing. I think this is the best time if one wants to see rhododendrons in full bloom. The trek to Sandakphu & Phalut look so lovely through your lens. Did you camp or stay at Sherpa Chalet ?

Regards

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 11:57   #19
BHPian

Thank you Gearhead! Just like you mention about the treks to your friend, I mention about your gutsy trips in your Eon to far fetched places!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Exceptionally well written travelogue. Trekking to unknown places has its charm. A friend of mine recently got interest in trekking and I mention about your ventures to him.
Thank you TOINGPOING, shantonob, procrj and shipnil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOINGPOING View Post
Wonderful travelogue. Thanks for treating us with exceptional and awesome photographs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantonob View Post
Another awesome travelogue. The write up expresses the emotions with realism. \
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I often dream of losing my way and wandering around in the hills.
Thank you so much PravStar. Sandakphu is beautiful no doubt, but I will say its the Himalayas that are even greater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PravStar View Post
Absolutely breathtaking Sayakc. Was deeply intrigued and felt connected while reading your travelogue. It has been a dream for me to once visit Sandakphu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Sayakc, it was a beautifully written travelogue with lively pictures. That must be a wonderful place. Thanks for sharing the experience with us!!

Dear Samba,
I owe you a long reply in fact!
Thank you for your comments and rating. I hardly get to travel - may be once or twice a year.
The frequency of your travels have kept on increasing and thats a treat for us and I believe the Himalayas are the common factor between our travels. They seem to pull us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
As always when i saw a travelogue written by Sayakc, i knew what to expect! Man you are gifted! You have an amazing writing style and the pics are awesome as always! First i rated 5* then i started reading your travelogue & i made no mistake!

Dear Hemanth,
Thank you so much for your appreciation. Kids never understand and back in those days I too never understood what dad was saying. Sometimes I feel that the city life has taken a slice of nature away from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Just amazing...the photos and the play of words.
"Walk slowly, enjoy the flowers, you won't get them back home" How good an advice it is.
I seem to be telling the same thing to my young daughter and who obviously doesn't seem to listen to me

Dear Anurag,
Believe me Anurag, when I saw your name, I had the same gut feeling too! And yes, you prove that the world is small. I keep visiting Cooch Behar twice/thrice a year. If you ever happen to drop by Calcutta, do let me know, would like to catch up. Good ol' school memories. Miss them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
And trust me Sayak, when I saw the name and started reading the post, I felt I know this guy. And a pic of yours towards the end of the travelogue has more or less confirmed my gut feeling. Is this Sayak from Coochbehar, St. Mary's High School. Because, if that's you, my name will ring a bell.

Dear Himadri,
Himadri-da, more apt
Glad that stalwarts like you loved it! Whenever I meet a person with interest in bird photography, I direct that person rightaway to your thread. An awesome collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Beautiful thread Sayak, the photographs have been a real treat to the eyes. I just loved the way you have presented the write-up. The narration kept me glued to the travelogue, rated 5 stars.
Dear Pawan,
April in indeed the time for flowers and they look really beautiful. In fact, I wanted to retrace the trek which we did in '01. Now, here is a personal take - The longer duration of a trek allows you to enjoy the beauty. Because these are visual delights (an award sort of!) for the trekker.

Yes, at Sandakphu we stayed at Sherpa Chalet. There is a camping ground around a half an hour walk from Sandakphu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Wonderful Travelogue Sayakc. The pictures are mindblowing. I think this is the best time if one wants to see rhododendrons in full bloom. The trek to Sandakphu & Phalut look so lovely through your lens. Did you camp or stay at Sherpa Chalet ?

Regards
Pawan

Last edited by sayakc : 15th May 2016 at 11:59.
sayakc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 14:21   #20
BHPian

This thread is sheer beauty. Bookmarked it and opening the "Money" thread to read tonight.
Honestly I never knew such places exist and now and wanderlusting to do this trek.
I would be really grateful if u can you suggest how/if this trek can be done (husband & wife) from Bangalore and how many days it would take ?
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks