Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2016, 16:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Paren - A li'l wonderland along the Indo-Bhutan border (West Bengal)

Gem of a Travelogue there to a gem of a place !! Undiscovered, untapped and a pretty unexplored corner of West Bengal. Lovely clicks and am sure the trip must have been amazing. I have a couple of questions though and am sure your further update would help the community to plan their trips to Paren better :
  1. On Google Maps it shows "this place has been reported closed". Was it closed for renovation sometime back and has it newly reopened ?
  2. How does one go about to make reservations with WBFDC ?

Rated 5* !! Please share a small update on the West Bengal : A treasure for tourists Thread

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 7th July 2016 at 16:52. Reason: Changes
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 21:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Gem of a Travelogue there to a gem of a place !! Undiscovered, untapped and a pretty unexplored corner of West Bengal. Lovely clicks and am sure the trip must have been amazing. I have a couple of questions though and am sure your further update would help the community to plan their trips to Paren better :
  1. On Google Maps it shows "this place has been reported closed". Was it closed for renovation sometime back and has it newly reopened ?
  2. How does one go about to make reservations with WBFDC ?
Thank you Arav! The booking can be made online at WBFDC website http://www.wbfdc.com/ .

Actually, you are right. The search in Google Maps for WBFDC Paren leads incorrectly to Jhalong River Camp which is near Jhalong Bazar and is now closed for renovation. Paren Nature Resort is another 8 km from Jhalong Bazar via Lower Paren. Just a while ago, I have marked Paren Nature Resort in Google Map Maker. It should be publicly visible in GMaps within next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Rated 5* !! Please share a small update on the West Bengal : A treasure for tourists Thread
I just added a new post in Samba's this excellent thread on tourist places of Bengal.

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 09:48   #33
Team-BHP Support

Lovely travelogue gmhossain! Rated 5 deserving stars and subscribed to the thread as well. Thanks for sharing the details, I have added this place to the ever increasing wish list.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks