Old 23rd June 2016, 23:54   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ladakh Reloaded: 4 friends, a Figo Aspire & an Amaze

In 2015 you did this :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...hatchback.html

Ladakh Reloaded: 4 friends, a Figo Aspire & an Amaze-dsc_3892.jpg

Then in 2016 :

Ladakh Reloaded: 4 friends, a Figo Aspire & an Amaze-dsc_5213.jpg

Whats we going to see next in 2017? A Ford Endeavour at the same place?

Have you claimed your royalty bonus from Ford?

Anyways, jokes apart, yet again another amazing travelogue from you. Hats off to you and Arnab for doing these tough routes in an Aspire and an Amaze. Both the cars are looking stunning in the photographs.

You are a pro in hill driving but this was the first hill drive for Arnab, so a special applaud for him for doing these tough routes successfully. He is not a Bhpian but i hope he will become a Bhpian soon. It will be great to have my school buddy as a Bhpian too!

Rated 5*

Last edited by Samba : 24th June 2016 at 00:07.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 00:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic pictures and a great writeup. Thanks for the route and hotel details.

What have you put around the fog lamps; is it chrome or the tube led DRLs? Details pls.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 01:33   #33

Thank you Arunashish for this superb travelogue with detailed maps, hotel rates, toll and beautiful photos and videos
AbrahamSimpson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 02:04   #34
BHPian

Awesome trip! The pictures are very beautiful and the travelogue is very informative.
I hope both of you continue such amazing journey and post this kind of travelogues for years to come.

Cheers!
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 04:42   #35
BHPian

Hello lovecars21!!!!

Nice travelogue. A well deserved five star thread, indeed. The aspire is looking gorgeous in those splendid backgrounds.

Wish you many more memorable trips in future.

Regards

Saubhik
DrivingNirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 11:19   #36
BHPian

You are truly an inspiration to owners of Sedans and Hatchbacks!
I was planning to go to Leh in September by Swift Dzire Petrol but would not be able to go this year due to some personal reasons. May be next year, I would live my dream of going to Leh in my own car.

I want to ask one question - how was the performance of Amaze? I can see that it was a petrol Amaze and hence I am interested in knowing the details about it as I also own a petrol mini-sedan.
- How was the mileage in the hills and on long drives?
- Did it feel any power loss on the high mountain passes?
- Also, I would be newbie in terms of driving in slush and black ice. What are the things one should know when driving in slush?
- How do you see rocks that are hidden in the slush?
- I can see in one of the photos that you have stopped before a small pool of water. How did you decide which path to go while crossing it?

I know these are a lot of questions, but these come to my mind whenever I think of going to leh. It would be great if you can answer few of the questions.

Thanking you in anticipation. Drive Safe!
YoungSaint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 11:26   #37
BHPian

I am posting this in behalf of a friend who in interested in the same itinerary:

"Hey LoveCars21, nice pictures! Can you tell me how much time it took you to reach Jammu from Ambala (including the number of breaks, average speed maintained, tolls, etc.)? Do you have to take a detour to Jammu from the highway or is it adjacent to the highway?

Thanks
Sabi"

Last edited by SJD@NewDelhi : 24th June 2016 at 11:27.
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 12:50   #38
BHPian

Astounding trip and not everyone would have the same appetite for such a long travel with spouse that too. Great pictures and looks like you covered almost all the off beat places in between which is real eye opener for people like me.

I drove up to Leh from Srinagar in a rented Qualis with wife and 3 kids way back in 2008, my what an enchanting trip that was... took the same route via kargil, stayed at Zojilla hotel. Took a return flight from Leh back to Chennai via Delhi.

But your trip motivates me to do the same, maybe in the near future. Happy to note you completed the trip with minor hiccups on the way. Great writing with details of costs, phone numbers, name of the hotels and contact persons.
7heaven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 14:06   #39
BHPian

WOW! Read your TL along with Pawans TL. I say these two TL's are just BLOCKBUSTERS. I like the way you have narrated your journey and detailed out all the aspects regarding the toll and accommodations. Keep us inspired brother.

Regards
Avishek
Red Panda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 14:16   #40
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing travelogue !

This is the route I would take when I drive to Ladakh from Ranchi. The only two more places I would love to add are Padum and Chumur. Wonderful write-up with some amazing pictures.

Rating it a well-deserved 5-stars.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 20:40   #41
BHPian

Hats off to you Arunasish for completing your double Ladakh grand slam! Your travelogue is superbly composed with equally stunning pictures. Shall wait to read your next adventure!

Cheers,
gmhossain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 17:37   #42
BHPian

Congratulations and a mighty pat on the back !!! Driving through these terrains at least once in a lifetime is a dream for many, and you are living the dream every year now

You are not just awesome behind the wheels but with the pen too !!!! A beautiful travelogue decked up with goose bumping photographs and a simple narrative that will keep readers glued till the end. Keep it up brother !!!!

Rated 5
anirbanz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 23:18   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Whats we going to see next in 2017? A Ford Endeavour at the same place?
Have you claimed your royalty bonus from Ford?
Thanks Samba for liking the TL. Buying an Endeavour within a span of one year would be difficult but incase I do buy the giant in near future I would surely get it Leh'ed.
Good news is that Ford India is already in touch with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
What have you put around the fog lamps; is it chrome or the tube led DRLs? Details pls.
They are tube flexible DRLs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbrahamSimpson View Post
Thank you Arunashish for this superb travelogue with detailed maps, hotel rates, toll and beautiful photos and videos
Thanks for liking the TL Abraham da.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
I hope both of you continue such amazing journey and post this kind of travelogues for years to come.
Cheers!
Thanks Soumyajit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingNirvana View Post
The aspire is looking gorgeous in those splendid backgrounds.
Wish you many more memorable trips in future.
Regards
Saubhik
Thanks Saubhik. Aspire is indeed one of the best looking Sub 4m sedans in Indian market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post

I want to ask one question - how was the performance of Amaze? I can see that it was a petrol Amaze and hence I am interested in knowing the details about it as I also own a petrol mini-sedan.
- How was the mileage in the hills and on long drives?
- Did it feel any power loss on the high mountain passes?
- Also, I would be newbie in terms of driving in slush and black ice. What are the things one should know when driving in slush?
- How do you see rocks that are hidden in the slush?
- I can see in one of the photos that you have stopped before a small pool of water. How did you decide which path to go while crossing it?
After seeing your comment I called Arnab and he mailed me the answers to your queries.

how was the performance of Amaze?
Arnab: Performance was exceptionally good. No trouble at all.

How was the mileage in the hills and on long drives?
Arnab: Overall got FE of 16 kmpl and in hills got 13 kmpl.

Did it feel any power loss on the high mountain passes?
Arnab: Absolutely not. No power loss at all. However it is good to change the air filter after Leh. That would definitely improve the performance. Air Filter of Amaze cost Rs.450/- only.

Also, I would be newbie in terms of driving in slush and black ice. What are the things one should know when driving in slush?
Arnab: I think the best way to do it is by applying your commin sense. Follow the car infront of you. For slush, do not try to drive on the ruts; high chance that you might get stuck.
Lovecars21: Do not rush. As a newbie it is best to be calm and drive carefully. Before venturing into any such trip it is advised to thoroughly study the underbody of your car. (ie: location of the mobil chamber, gear box, hydraulic brake pipe layout etc.) Next while driving on such terrain just drive it while keeping in mind to save getting hit on those parts.

How do you see rocks that are hidden in the slush?
Arnab: there's no way to know it. hence drive slow and definitely in low gears.
Lovecars21: While driving in such terrain you need to study the position and situation, accordingly you need to drive. Always try to get your wheels on any rock that seems high or might hit the underbody.

I can see in one of the photos that you have stopped before a small pool of water. How did you decide which path to go while crossing it?
Arnab:For some we let trucks pass through first so that we could gauge the depth of water and for other either by dipping a stick or by throwing a stone.
Lovecars21: Agreed. In such pool of water best is to drive one side of your car on the edge of the pool and the other side in the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post

"Hey LoveCars21, nice pictures! Can you tell me how much time it took you to reach Jammu from Ambala (including the number of breaks, average speed maintained, tolls, etc.)? Do you have to take a detour to Jammu from the highway or is it adjacent to the highway?
Thanks
Sabi"
Jammu to Ambala take approx takes 7 hours with 1 hour of break via Ludhiana(through city) and Jalandar(bypass). To enter Jammu you do not need to take any detour. The highway goes through the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7heaven View Post
But your trip motivates me to do the same, maybe in the near future. Happy to note you completed the trip with minor hiccups on the way. Great writing with details of costs, phone numbers, name of the hotels and contact persons.
Thanks for your lovely comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
WOW! Read your TL along with Pawans TL. I say these two TL's are just BLOCKBUSTERS. I like the way you have narrated your journey and detailed out all the aspects regarding the toll and accommodations. Keep us inspired brother.

Regards
Avishek
Thanks Avishek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The only two more places I would love to add are Padum and Chumur.
Sure both the places are worth a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Hats off to you Arunasish for completing your double Ladakh grand slam! Your travelogue is superbly composed with equally stunning pictures. Shall wait to read your next adventure!
Cheers,
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanz View Post
Congratulations and a mighty pat on the back !!! Driving through these terrains at least once in a lifetime is a dream for many, and you are living the dream every year now

You are not just awesome behind the wheels but with the pen too !!!! A beautiful travelogue decked up with goose bumping photographs and a simple narrative that will keep readers glued till the end. Keep it up brother !!!!

Rated 5
Thank you for your lovely comment KIL. It would be hard to resist both of your babies from driving to ladakh.(i10 with Yokos and Santro with RogerAB)

Last edited by lovecars21 : 27th June 2016 at 23:18. Reason: Spacing
lovecars21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 23:35   #44
BHPian

Amazing. Its a dream for every driving enthusiast and you're living it yet again. Brilliantly written. Good luck. Cheers.
bhavukjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 23:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Amazing. Its a dream for every driving enthusiast and you're living it yet again. Brilliantly written. Good luck. Cheers.

Indeed its a dream for people like us. Ladakh is a place where you will get addicted to the natural beauty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks