Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2016, 12:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Yana: Medieval world in the forests of Uttara Kannada

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Wonderful travelogue swsumit,

As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words, your images do full justification to the location.

From the images I can see your ride as the Logan. Can you please elaborate as which model, fuel type, year of purchase etc. I believe Logan should not have caused any issues with GC and torque while negotiating the hilly terrains.

Thanks once again for sharing.
hii

thanks for the appreciation .

The Logan has been my trusted companion since last six yrs , its a 1.6 GLS petrol version 2009 model . GC is i think 190 if i remember correctly and has performed well in Ladakh , spiti , Uttarakhand ,Gujrat , Karnataka . It has my trust when the terrain is bad .

regards
swsumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 16:17   #17
BHPian

Thank you very much. Never knew this place existed. Wonderful place to explore. Are there any forests, waterfalls or rivers nearby? Somehow takes me through the journey i had while reading one of Amish' books.
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 17:24   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

How are the roads and weather conditions to Yana from Bangalore at this time? Staying options there? Any suggestions for a single traveler? Just need a mattress and a spotty bathroom really.

Superb thread. Very awesome. Looking up your profile and other travelogues in KA.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 18:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Any suggestions for a single traveler? Just need a mattress and a spotty bathroom really.
Best is to stay in Sirsi which is the district headquarters, you have some good choices to stay like Panchavati , Madhuvana etc. It will be a good season now with the recent rains and you can cover more places like Sathodi falls, Magod falls apart from Yana.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 15:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Thank you very much. Never knew this place existed. Wonderful place to explore. Are there any forests, waterfalls or rivers nearby? Somehow takes me through the journey i had while reading one of Amish' books.
Yana is in the mid of dense forests (Western Ghats) and you can encounter plenty of waterfalls, large and small, in and around this area.
King_pin09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:56   #21
BHPian

That's some brilliant photography Sumit!
The entire stretch itself is so beautiful that you tend to get lost amidst the nature. I always wanted to take a diversion and visit Yana and now i have found another reason to do so. Probably the next time i am returning from Goa, I'll try out this stretch Goa-Karwar-Gokarna-Kumta-Yana(diversion)-Yekkambi-Haveri-Davangere-Bangalore.
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 11:32   #22
BHPian

That's some Outstanding photography!
Yana is indeed a great place to visit and many Kannada movies are shot there as well.
Old 25th July 2016, 11:47   #23
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Never knew this place existed. Wonderful place to explore. Are there any forests, waterfalls or rivers nearby? Somehow takes me through the journey i had while reading one of Amish' books.
There's lot of explore in and around this place - Sirsi, Yellapur, Kumta, Gokarna, Karwar for example. Forests, rivers, waterfalls, coastline, beaches, temples to name a few
I visited Yana once on the way to Goa from Bangalore and another time on the way back from Kumta after attending a friend's wedding. The place is beautiful to say the least.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks