Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2016, 08:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Drive from Kolkata to Bhutan in my Honda Civic

Amazing pictures, lovely travelogue! Hats off to you for taking a low GC vehicle for the trip, it's very comfortable though !! Having followed GTO's civic thread before, I really wanted to see how well the civic managed the roads!! It's amazing to see such good roads in bhutan!! It does feel like an European country at times!!
By the way, Keep travelling and keep writing! You had me hooked to your thread till the very end! :-)
Sonubbsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 11:16   #32
BHPian

You have shown brilliancy in drafting this travelogue Amit! Nice place and nice photographs.

It’s even nice because you have driven a car that I love the most. As I am planning for a used civic, this log should add up more interest towards the car.

Hope the civic managed the tough roads!

Wishing more happy miles to you.
Aslamjaffer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 15:36   #33
BHPian

Great travelogue StallionAmit. Brought back memories of our trip to Bhutan last year. Such a serene place that you never want to come back from there.
The trek to Tiger's Nest is quite exhausting, but once you reach their then you feel that all that energy sapping effort was worth every drop of sweat.
You could have tried going to Punakha as well, the drive is amazing. By the way we also took our honda city to bhutan.
pduttaghy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 14:04   #34
BHPian

[quote=Tharian@KP;4040415]Great travelogue and very nice pictures. Hope one day I also would be able to do the Bhutan trip. Wish you many more happy Miles.

Thanks for reading, if i can drive there then you can too, all the best for the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi_jeeper View Post
Super write-up! Your love for the car is inspiring. The pictures are amazing. Reading the write-up has given me a road-trip itch too.
Thanks Jassi, i really love my car, its an awesome one and very reliable too.
A true cruiser, fatigue after driving is very less in Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prk265 View Post
Congrats on a fantastic trip! I can feel You had a wonderful time.
I am planning to drive to Bhutan around middle of Oct. I guess you took the NH 34 route all the way till Siliguri. How was the condition and which were the bad patches? It would be good to know since some senior citizens would be travelling with me.
I followed google maps as i was not much aware of the route, so with some very good roads there were very bad stretches too specially on State Highways. So drive till Siliguri was a mix of NH and SHs.
You will find bad roads on State Highways only, National Highway is relatively okay.

I would request you to pls check for Oct hotel availability etc. as due to Durga Puja there will be a lot of rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonubbsr View Post
Amazing pictures, lovely travelogue! Hats off to you for taking a low GC vehicle for the trip, it's very comfortable though !! Having followed GTO's civic thread before, I really wanted to see how well the civic managed the roads!! It's amazing to see such good roads in bhutan!! It does feel like an European country at times!!
By the way, Keep travelling and keep writing! You had me hooked to your thread till the very end! :-)
Thanks for your appreciation buddy, good to see that you liked my writing.
Yes Bhutan is very beautiful and a light on pocket visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslamjaffer View Post
You have shown brilliancy in drafting this travelogue Amit! Nice place and nice photographs.

It’s even nice because you have driven a car that I love the most. As I am planning for a used civic, this log should add up more interest towards the car.

Hope the civic managed the tough roads!

Wishing more happy miles to you.
Yes, the civic managed on bad roads pretty well, all i had to do was to drive slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduttaghy View Post
Great travelogue StallionAmit. Brought back memories of our trip to Bhutan last year. Such a serene place that you never want to come back from there.
The trek to Tiger's Nest is quite exhausting, but once you reach their then you feel that all that energy sapping effort was worth every drop of sweat.
You could have tried going to Punakha as well, the drive is amazing. By the way we also took our honda city to bhutan.
Great, post some pictures of your Honda City, how was your experience, did you faced some difficulties while driving, how the car behaved?
StallionAmit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 14:34   #35
BHPian

Wonderful Travelogue Amit. Civic looks smashing in the beautiful backdrops. I am sure the traveling bug has already bit you. Keep traveling & keep posting.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 11:10   #36
BHPian

Brilliant travelogue with some great pictures. Civic is the one car that shouldn't have got discontinued. Glad that you broke the stereotype of "High GC cars doing such a circuit". Looking at those brilliant pics, I am pretty sure you would have had an amazing time driving in those lovely roads.
Old 5th September 2016, 11:39   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Civic is the one car that shouldn't have got discontinued.
Luckily the 10th generation Civic should hit our shores sometime in 2017. And in all probability it will come with a Turbo
Old 14th September 2016, 22:13   #38
BANNED

A very well written TL. Bhutan is just amazing place to visit & that too in such a lovely car.Just loved your clicks of the car with those beautiful landscapes. Thank god that your car didn't have any underbody hit through those nasty roads. Thanks for sharing.
Old 18th September 2016, 10:45   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Wonderful Travelogue Amit. Civic looks smashing in the beautiful backdrops. I am sure the traveling bug has already bit you. Keep traveling & keep posting.

Regards,

Pawan
Thanks Pawan, you guys are the inspiration, I am also looking forward to do a quick circuit from Kolkata to Delhi in my civic soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Brilliant travelogue with some great pictures. Civic is the one car that shouldn't have got discontinued. Glad that you broke the stereotype of "High GC cars doing such a circuit". Looking at those brilliant pics, I am pretty sure you would have had an amazing time driving in those lovely roads.
Thanks Zahoor, Civic or any other car can go places its just that we have to drive very slow on bad roads to prevent underbody scraping, and yes the old Civic still looks very handsome and can give other cars a run for their money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsubrama2 View Post
Luckily the 10th generation Civic should hit our shores sometime in 2017. And in all probability it will come with a Turbo
Yes, it will come but I will not be able to afford it

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm295 View Post
A very well written TL. Bhutan is just amazing place to visit & that too in such a lovely car.Just loved your clicks of the car with those beautiful landscapes. Thank god that your car didn't have any underbody hit through those nasty roads. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks VDM, yes Bhutan is a very nice and beautiful place and not very costly. I had to drive slow to prevent under body scraping on very bad roads, also the coil spacers helped in improving the ground clearance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks