Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 17:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Sikkim: Long winding road to serenity, the game of clouds & sunlight

Thanks wanderer4x4,

From Rishikhola to Rongli there were very little amount of mud in different places.

From Rongli to New Baba Mandir - No such mud, even does not required any Hight GC vehicle. Only water was flowing heavily because of heavy rain on the way to Gnathang.

From Tsomgo Lake to Gangtok - Totally depends on the weather. It was completely muddy that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Good, crisp travelogue PointZero. Liked the cloud covered pics.

BTW, did you encounter any mud or slush towards Zuluk or Kupup? The roads otherwise seem good enough without any need for high GC or 4wd.
Old 29th August 2016, 15:24   #17
Team-BHP Support

Amazing pictures PointZero, rated 5 stars. Good to see that you are utilising the Bolero to the fullest. After himadrimondal, you are becoming the next flag bearer for Sikkim on this forum. Keep traveling!
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 00:52   #18
BHPian

This is one incredible travelogue PointZero, Kudos! The location and the pictures are amazing, my wifey would wish to go there for sure. so is July-August the best time to travel to North east, for all the picturesque views?
gpadki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 11:17   #19
BHPian

Thanks Sumitro Da .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Amazing pictures PointZero, rated 5 stars. Good to see that you are utilising the Bolero to the fullest. After himadrimondal, you are becoming the next flag bearer for Sikkim on this forum. Keep traveling!
Thanks gpadki, The best time to visit the place is October to December. In July-Aug you will get the monsoon sky but if your luck does not favor you then it is hard to get good pictures in monsoon. But I enjoy the cloud cover hills too.. Its a different feel.

FYI - I just went to North Bengal 2 weeks ago. Could not able to complete the travelogue but I can share a video of last trip. Hope you will enjoy it -

HD View Requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpadki View Post
This is one incredible travelogue PointZero, Kudos! The location and the pictures are amazing, my wifey would wish to go there for sure. so is July-August the best time to travel to North east, for all the picturesque views?

Last edited by PointZero : 30th August 2016 at 11:18. Reason: HD View Requested.
PointZero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 10:51   #20
BHPian

Brilliant travelogue! Those are some great photos. Sikkim is on my bucket list from a really long time. Glad to see the Bolero being used to the fullest. Its one of those cars that can handle bad roads without any fuss. Those hair pin bends look so mesmerizing and I am sure you would have had a great time driving there. Indeed, a driver's delight!
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 09:13   #21
BHPian

@PointZero. Amazing TL. Seems the frequency with which you make the trips is more than the frequency you can manage to write about! Guess you need a full time document-draftsman to put your tales on record. Followed some of your TLs and used it as a guideline on one of my travels, though I cant put a TL about the trip on record! Thanks and keep revving.
Warm Regards
Unavowed_X9
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks