Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 12:37   #46
BHPian

Re: XUV500: Bangalore to Ladakh!

Zahoor23,

Wonderfully scribed travelogue and the pictures do justice to the write-up. Your XUV looks amazing in all the pictures it has modeled.

This TL is a true motivation for anyone to do a trip like this.

Highly appreciating the light thrown on the soldiers at the end of the TL.

Wishing you more happy miles and smiles!

Cheers,
Old 7th October 2016, 17:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurthvader View Post
A very well photographed travelogue indeed, its quite a distance from Bangalore to Ladakh & back, well done. Any issues with the Cheetah after coming back, i have one but i must admit i don't have the heart to put her through such a task just yet maybe sometime later.
Thank you! I did not face any issues after coming back. The only issue over there was the broken sump guard which was due to Agham-Shyok route. Yes, I was very well aware of the incident involving Fortuner & Thar and it made me really skeptical about heading for the expedition. Somehow, normalcy returned soon enough and overall, the trip was a breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRN View Post
A long pending dream of mine – drive to Leh and Ladakh!
Brilliant post Zahoor23 . Reading through it made me feel I was there. And certainly agree, our jawans, the BRO and our heros.. hats off to them.
Hello SRN, Thank you. Glad that you enjoyed reading it. I suggest you to go ahead with your plan next year somewhere between June and September. IMO September is the best time to travel to Ladakh as the accommodation is easily available at half the price provided you are willing the bear the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
What a narration, I must say, of an epic journey that is otherwise difficult to describe in words; it has to be done to be felt. But you have done a commendable job of putting this experience into black and white.
Dear agt7, Thank you so much for penning down some amazing words of encouragement. I was "Nuts" about driving since my early school days. I was behind the wheel almost all the time except certain instances where I had to click pictures and record videos from the sunroof. Live to Drive. Trust me, when you head to Ladakh you are definitely coming back with desktop backgrounds for the rest of your life .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Thank you for your post Zahoor. I purchased a W8 AWD recently, and a self-drive road trip to Leh is on my bucket list for a long time. Your pictures have also convinced my wife that it is time we did it
Hello Ajay,

First of all, Congratulations on your purchase. That's a great decision to go for the AWD. It will take you to places where a FWD can only dream of. That's a really interesting question about getting it serviced in Leh: I had planned the Itinerary in such a way that the servicing exactly falls on the "rest" day of my trip. You can get your car serviced after coming back since it is the 10k service which is a minor one, but I strongly suggest you to talk to the service manager beforehand so that your car can be serviced in an hour or two upon your arrival at Jaipur/Udaipur. With this, Your service record wouldn't be affected and you would get rid of the service reminder every time you start your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslamjaffer View Post
Zahoor23,
Wonderfully scribed travelogue and the pictures do justice to the write-up. Your XUV looks amazing in all the pictures it has modeled.
Hi Aslam, Thank you so much. That is the bare minimum I could do for our soldiers facing extreme hardship everyday. Their efforts are truly respectable.

Last edited by ampere : 9th December 2016 at 20:53. Reason: Trimmed quoted posts
Old 9th December 2016, 19:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
The initial plan was to reach Srinagar, but the ghat section and the truck traffic took a toll on the time consumed and we decided to stop at Patnitop for the night
Hi zahoor23

That is one awesome travelogue with each and every detail about the entire trip covered in crisp wordings and brilliant pictures
I happened to notice in this picture that you have used the Blaupaunkt bp 2.0 FHD. How did it fare during your entire trip, also was the build quality strong enough to sustain the extreme weather conditions that it was exposed to?

Last edited by ampere : 9th December 2016 at 20:51. Reason: Trimmed quoted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks