Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2016, 23:00   #31
BHPian

re: XUV500: Drive to the abode of 3 of the 7 Sisters (North-East)

Some serious driving by you guys!!! Distances covered in some stretches look humongous.
Your drive almost ran parallel to Kanyakumari-Dibrugarh Vivek express, which incidentally takes 82 hours (3+ days) one way.

Thanks for an awesome travelogue, well deserved 5 stars.
Shubbi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 16:50   #32
BHPian

Re: XUV500: Drive to the abode of 3 of the 7 Sisters (North-East)

Awesome travelogue of an epic trip! Read it in one go...very engaging and informative. I'd give 5 stars for this narrative!

One quick question: Did you guys book the hotels (at least the major ones) in advance or just walked in?
grkonweb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 19:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkonweb View Post
Awesome travelogue of an epic trip! Read it in one go...very engaging and informative. I'd give 5 stars for this narrative!

One quick question: Did you guys book the hotels (at least the major ones) in advance or just walked in?
Every major place was arranged hours or max 1 day before arrival. Places where we arranged through our contact (I got a friend who works in the tourism domain who knows my taste/budget add to it gets good discount too). The places where we had contacted before arrival at the hotel are:

1. Guwahati - Being late/bandh took his help as we did not want to go in search. Called my friend just before Guwahati and by the time we crossed the Bhramaputra river got the hotel ready.
2. Meghalaya - Confirmed before starting from Guwahati
3. Ziro - Confirmed before starting from Tenga.
4. Tenga/Tawang - Got circuit house
kozhissery is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 22:39   #34
BHPian

Re: A Peek into the Abode of 3 of Seven Sisters

Hello n Greetings. Epic, Awesome, mind boggling, beautiful are some of the words to describe the travelogue. Can we expect the hotel / home-stays, telephone numbers. It would be extremely helpful as very few travelogues to that part of the world.

Any advises with respect to do and don'ts, in that part of the world. Thanx in advance.

Regards
dr. sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 08:58   #35
J.Ravi

Excellent travelogue with superb photographs and minute details, kozhissery. How did you miss Kaziranga National Park?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
First we headed to the place where ashes of Late First Prime minister of India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru is kept. This was totally news for me. I never knew that his ashes were kept in Tenga.
I didn't know that. Had I known, I would have visited during our Tawang drive.

Quote:
While going to see the Double decker Root bridge, we had seen a restaurant named “Orange Roots”. We decided to the check out the restaurant and to our surprise it was a pure vegetarian restaurant serving south Indian (Tamil) food.
Very good piece of information. It is almost impossible to find a pure vegetarian restaurant in NE.
  (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 11:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. sen View Post
Hello n Greetings. Epic, Awesome, mind boggling, beautiful are some of the words to describe the travelogue. Can we expect the hotel / home-stays, telephone numbers. It would be extremely helpful as very few travelogues to that part of the world.

Any advises with respect to do and don'ts, in that part of the world. Thanx in advance.

Regards
Give me some time (may be during weekend), I'll try to consolidate and post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Excellent travelogue with superb photographs and minute details, kozhissery. How did you miss Kaziranga National Park?

I didn't know that. Had I known, I would have visited during our Tawang drive.

Very good piece of information. It is almost impossible to find a pure vegetarian restaurant in NE.
Kaziranga was not missed, we intentionally did go there. What we felt that going to Assam is always possible but not to Arunachal Pradesh so decided to spend maximum time in Arunachal Pradesh.
kozhissery is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 16:03   #37
BHPian

Amazing. My heart full congrats and seven stars for such a wonderful travelogue. Really envious on your achievement. As I am also residing in Trivandrum really want to meet you personally for some more details.
Jeevan Sukumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:29   #38
BHPian

That was an amazing travelogue with lots of pictures. It is good to know that slowly people are begining to explore the north-east. Not only will this raise awareness for the rest of us, it will also help the local tourism industry and the economy.
I am sure your travelogue will inspire lot many others, me included, to explore this often unseen part of India.
btw, I was thoroughly amused to see a poster with malayalam on it in the North-east. How did that end up there?

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:22   #39
BHPian

Amazing travelogue!! Kudos to the team for their passion and endurance
rahulb22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:56   #40
BHPian

Awesome Travelogue- was wonderful to see nature at its best!! rated 5 stars..
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 19:15   #41
BHPian

Dear kozhissery,

I am impressed! Very nice planning and execution!
To that you have added this very nice travel book! I do not think this should be called a report!!

I am rating this a full 5 stars..

I shall keep looking out for your next trip report - sorry - next trip book.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 21:42   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Can we expect the hotel / home-stays, telephone numbers. It would be extremely helpful as very few travelogues to that part of the world.
List of Hotels that we stayed, with remarks.

XUV500: Drive to the abode of 3 of the 7 Sisters (North-East)-hotellist.png

Quote:
Any advises with respect to do and don'ts, in that part of the world.
Nothing much in particular, except the following:

1. Very difficult to get Vegetarian Food.
2. If you think you need 2 hours then allocate 4 hours - Particularly in West Bengal stretch and some pockets of Arunachal Pradesh.
3. Make sure that you reach before 5pm, ideally between 4:00 and 4:30pm. It gets dark early and add to that it gets foggy too - Visibility becomes near zero.
4. Variation in temperature is quite high, 20 to -10 (during winters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevan Sukumar View Post
Amazing. My heart full congrats and seven stars for such a wonderful travelogue. Really envious on your achievement. As I am also residing in Trivandrum really want to meet you personally for some more details.
Thanks buddy. You can PM me and we can talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
That was an amazing travelogue with lots of pictures. It is good to know that slowly people are begining to explore the north-east. Not only will this raise awareness for the rest of us, it will also help the local tourism industry and the economy.
I am sure your travelogue will inspire lot many others, me included, to explore this often unseen part of India.
btw, I was thoroughly amused to see a poster with malayalam on it in the North-east. How did that end up there?

Cheerio!
That photo was from an Ayyappan Temple built by Army men (BRO - GREF) hailing from South India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear kozhissery,

I am impressed! Very nice planning and execution!
To that you have added this very nice travel book! I do not think this should be called a report!!

I am rating this a full 5 stars..

I shall keep looking out for your next trip report - sorry - next trip book.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Thanks and lot. This is the first time I've written in Team-bhp.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th September 2016 at 10:06. Reason: Merging back to back posts
kozhissery is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 22:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Excellent travelogue. Hats off to you guys for amazing planning and execution.

Quote:
Day 19: 29-Dec-2015 – Guwahati Local Visit
Later booked the ticket for the Bhramaputra Cruise from “Alfresco Grand”. It’s a normal cruise with free “Mosquitos” to give you company. You need to stay inside the cabin as outside its full of deadly Mosquitos.
I know a co-owner of Alfresco Grand. I will share this feedback.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed