Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2016, 10:56   #16
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Moving out of Assembly line. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2016 at 10:56. Reason: Bump
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 16:39   #17
BHPian

Re: Tour de Kerala: A 5-day holiday

Nice photos.. Hope you really enjoyed the trip.
There are a lot of beautiful places in kerala. For your next trip I will suggest following places
1. Wayanadu
2. Nelliyampathi
3. Parambikkulam national park
4. Allappey backwaters
5. Athirappalli water falls
rapid_fire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 22:47   #18
BHPian

...but I still would like to ask - what is the photographic equipment used?

Such wonderful photos. Munnar has been a dream, unrealised and your travelogue once again stirs the travel hornet.

Thanks for sharing by ignoring that 'somebody's adivce.

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 09:57   #19
BHPian

It is wonderful to see the photos of my native and the roads I travel the most. Brings back a nostalgic feeling inside me.
Sarath_MoJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 13:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and nice travelogue. I for one found your trip planning a bit strange since you covered south and then one place in the north or east if you call it. Didn't you feel 5 days is too short to cover a state like Kerala where every 20-25 kms the landscape changes. I have a trip upcoming planned in october for 8N/9D and still felt it is less.

How about eateries, any details available on that?

My upcoming trip.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4006471
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 14:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Ending my travel cum photologue with a short 20 second video I recorded. The Amazing feeling of Driving through the city of Thiruvanthampuram, Kerala on the eve of Onam...and it was beautifully lit up. You will forget Dilli ki Diwali! Do watch

Attachment 1555432
That's an awesome shot The bridge in the photo is over Akkulam/Veli lake with the construction in progress of the new bridge alongside as part of Kazhakootam - Karode bypass widening. And so many new apartments complexes in the picture amidst the greenery

Happy to see you enjoyed your holidays and had a pleasant experience here!

Quote:
Day 5 – Next morning we reached airport early in the morning. Our flight was scheduled at 6 am in the morning, reached Delhi via Cochin. It was amazing journey and experience travelling all across Kerala. Though I missed some places, I will surely cover up next time I visit that part of the country again
Any particular reason why you chose to fly out of Trivandrum instead of Cochin after your Munnar visit? After Munnar you could have made plans to fly back from Cochin, instead of traveling back to Trivandrum. It would have given you the chance to explore Cochin.

Traveling on Kerala highways especially during festive season is a tedious affair.

Last edited by Sankar : 20th September 2016 at 14:55.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 23:01   #22
BHPian

Hello. Congrats. Beautifully captured through eyes, written by mind and rendered by heart. Everything OK, except , i could not locate anything on fooding and lodging. Should any travelogues be without them. Please put all the info n pictures of the food, hotel rooms and eateries wherever you had your breakfast , snacks, dinner etc. Kerala is a foodies paradise, I have heard. Looking forward to those lip smacking pictures. Thanx in advance. Regards
dr. sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 18:30   #23
BHPian

Nice Photos and travelogue. Thanks for sharing. My parents are travelling to Munnar(2 nights), Alleppey(2 nights), Kumarakom(2 nights) from October 6th to 11th. Hope they come back with equally sizzling photos.
HighwayHopper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 21:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_fire View Post
Nice photos.. Hope you really enjoyed the trip.
There are a lot of beautiful places in kerala. For your next trip I will suggest following places
1. Wayanadu
2. Nelliyampathi
3. Parambikkulam national park
4. Allappey backwaters
5. Athirappalli water falls
Thanks rapid_fire. I will surely include these places in my next trip to Kerala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
...but I still would like to ask - what is the photographic equipment used?

Such wonderful photos. Munnar has been a dream, unrealised and your travelogue once again stirs the travel hornet.

- Sai
Thanks Vihari, I use a humble Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm & 55-200mm lens for Photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarath_MoJa View Post
It is wonderful to see the photos of my native and the roads I travel the most. Brings back a nostalgic feeling inside me.
Thanks Sarath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Nice pics and nice travelogue. I for one found your trip planning a bit strange since you covered south and then one place in the north or east if you call it. Didn't you feel 5 days is too short to cover a state like Kerala where every 20-25 kms the landscape changes. I have a trip upcoming planned in october for 8N/9D and still felt it is less.

How about eateries, any details available on that?

My upcoming trip.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4006471
Thanks Ghodlur. I agree with you. The travel plan was bit odd considering we travelled down to southern most point then travel back to north region of the state. But we must had to cover Kanyakumari, Swami Padmanabhaswamy temple in Trivandrum, Kovalam Beach, & Munnar, with all these places in different directions, travelling time on roads was more considering the time we spent actually at these places.

Also 5 day time is indeed very less for a place like Kerala. In fact, Munnar it self require 5-7 days if you want to explore each and every bit of that beautiful place.

May be next time, with ample of time

And yes, I have bit of detail regarding what and where I ate during my trip. I will post in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
That's an awesome shot
Happy to see you enjoyed your holidays and had a pleasant experience here!

Any particular reason why you chose to fly out of Trivandrum instead of Cochin after your Munnar visit? After Munnar you could have made plans to fly back from Cochin, instead of traveling back to Trivandrum. It would have given you the chance to explore Cochin.

Traveling on Kerala highways especially during festive season is a tedious affair.
Thanks Sankar. Yes, flying from Cochin would have been much logical option, we could have saved lot of travelling time and explored a new place as well. But I didn't knew if Kerala highways remain almost jampacked during festival season and even a 100 km travel would take over 4-5 hours which hardly takes 2 hours if I consider highways in North India.

Next time I will be visiting Munnar, I will be landing in Cochin only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. sen View Post
Hello. Congrats. Beautifully captured through eyes, written by mind and rendered by heart. Everything OK, except , i could not locate anything on fooding and lodging. Should any travelogues be without them. Please put all the info n pictures of the food, hotel rooms and eateries wherever you had your breakfast , snacks, dinner etc. Kerala is a foodies paradise, I have heard. Looking forward to those lip smacking pictures. Thanx in advance. Regards
Thanks Dr. Sen, I will surely post whatever details I have regarding my stay and eateries in a separate post. Thanks for recommending. I usually take the photos of all restaurants/hotels/rooms where I have food/stay for memories. I have few pics in my phone which I will share asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHopper View Post
Nice Photos and travelogue. Thanks for sharing. My parents are travelling to Munnar(2 nights), Alleppey(2 nights), Kumarakom(2 nights) from October 6th to 11th. Hope they come back with equally sizzling photos.
Thanks HighywayHopper. Hope your parents have a great time in Munnar. Do share your experiences as well.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 09:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
and even a 100 km travel would take over 4-5 hours which hardly takes 2 hours if I consider highways in North India.

Next time I will be visiting Munnar, I will be landing in Cochin only!
Lovely pics, Bluevolt. And evokes old memories for me! Trivandrum has changed tremendously from the 80s and 90s, the memories of that relaxed/laid back city is still with me. I still remember the crowd free, police/security free padmanabhaswamy temple of the 80s. One can spend hours, nay, days in this beautiful place.

Shuttling up/down kerala by road is no fun, considering that lot of road works is going on. Lot of frustrations can be avoided if you use trains. Granted, you need to tweak your schedule to match with the train timings, but the savings on travel time is substantial.

Last edited by haria : 22nd September 2016 at 09:34.
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 09:48   #26
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful thread. Am sending out links to all my friends from Cochin. Thanks a lot for sharing. It was amazing reading the posts and the pictures are a virtual treat for the eyes.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 17:30   #27
Team-BHP Support

Loved the pics from the Munnar section. It's beautiful to see the green scapes and fog all around. I just love that setting!

Reading through your travelogue brought back memories of a trip i had undertaken exactly 4 years ago this month, in a Honda, and touched Kochi, Tvm and Munnar.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...nthapuram.html (In a Honda Brio : Kochi - Munnar - Thiruvananthapuram)
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 21:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Well written travelogue coupled with Beautiful pictures. Enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing.

By the way, the temple at Kanyakumari is 'Bagavathi Amman Temple'.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:35   #29
BHPian

Nice travelogue However, it would have been great if you could have covered Thekkady and Kumarakom as well!!
rahulb22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
Lovely pics, Bluevolt. And evokes

Shuttling up/down kerala by road is no fun, considering that lot of road works is going on. Lot of frustrations can be avoided if you use trains. Granted, you need to tweak your schedule to match with the train timings, but the savings on travel time is substantial.
Thanks Haria.

Someone even recommended to travel via train from Delhi to Kerala as it is even a greater experience if one travels to Kerala via railways.

May be next time with ample of time in hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Beautiful thread. Am sending out links to all my friends from Cochin. Thanks a lot for sharing. It was amazing reading the posts and the pictures are a virtual treat for the eyes.
Thanks bblost. I am glad you liked the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Loved the pics from the Munnar section. It's beautiful to see the green scapes and fog all around. I just love that setting!

Reading through your travelogue brought back memories of a trip i had undertaken exactly 4 years ago this month, in a Honda, and touched Kochi, Tvm and Munnar.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...nthapuram.html (In a Honda Brio : Kochi - Munnar - Thiruvananthapuram)
Thanks Bensb29, I went through the link and pics are really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Well written travelogue coupled with Beautiful pictures. Enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing.

By the way, the temple at Kanyakumari is 'Bagavathi Amman Temple'.
Thanks Ramesh. For the temple part too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb22 View Post
Nice travelogue However, it would have been great if you could have covered Thekkady and Kumarakom as well!!
Thank you Rahul, I will surely cover these places in my next visit.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks