Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2016, 00:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Mumbai to Ranthambore: Solo drive in an Isuzu D-Max V-Cross

This is really nice travelogue. Though some more pictures would have only added more value. I have a few questions for you about your vcross.
1. How easy or how difficult is it to reverse a huge vehicle like this?
2. Did water seep into the trunk when it rained.
3. Have you put any bedding or matting to the floor of the trunk.
4. This would be a rather silly question, How much do you pay for the cleaning or washing of your vehicle everyday , considering the size of it.
5. What was your experience driving it in traffic.

Really looking forward to hearing from you and reading more about your vcross.
Old 17th October 2016, 12:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue, I have visited Ranthambore only once for a evening safari. We had traveled from Jaipur. Did not sight anything but had some good off roading experience in the Gypsy. V-Cross is a monster of a vehicle having seen it in flesh, it surely looks and feels big.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 13:32   #18
BHPian

Note from Support: Please QUOTE as required. DO NOT post inline replies. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
This is really nice travelogue. Though some more pictures would have only added more value. I have a few questions for you about your vcross.
1. How easy or how difficult is it to reverse a huge vehicle like this?
Its a matter of getting used to the size. Reverse a few times and it feels like any other car.

No but some fine dust did find its way in.

No not yet, I intend to install rubber matting soon.

Same as Innova INR 500/month

Its feels big initially but after some time its like driving another car. You do have to keep in mind the extra length while changing lanes, especially on Highways

Last edited by aah78 : 17th October 2016 at 20:17. Reason: Post edited. See note.
Old 17th October 2016, 16:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFaith View Post
@Mods: I am not able to send private messages or even edit my existing messages. Apologies in advance for the double post.
[Edit: Clarification - the rule is that you cannot edit a post more than 30 minutes after posting. My mistake. If this can be merged with the previous post that would be really great]

@eltoro: Can't PM you due to my rank - can you PM me your contact details - someone from JMD should be in touch asap.

From the feedback we got on the group (V-Cross Owners Group) JMD is very highly rated and considered almost on par with Krishna (Chandigarh) in terms of responsiveness and service...
@twistedfaith: Even I will not be able to send you a PM due to your current membership status. My email address is kamathvijay at gmail dot com. Can you please get in touch with me on that post which we can exchange our numbers and take this ahead. Thanks for your help on this.
Old 20th October 2016, 12:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
@twistedfaith: Even I will not be able to send you a PM due to your current membership status. My email address is kamathvijay at gmail dot com. Can you please get in touch with me on that post which we can exchange our numbers and take this ahead. Thanks for your help on this.
Just to update everyone. Have shared the number with the dealership but unfortunately they have not been able to contact him yet as his phone appears to be switched off. I personally verified this as well.

Have now shared the MD of the dealerships number with him - hope his issue gets resolved.

For the record I am not from Bombay and have no connection to the Dealer in Mumbai other that being an owner of a V-Cross and can confirm that so far all the feedback about JMD Isuzu has been full of praise for their professionalism and courtesy.

Please do update once this issue resolves one way or another...
TwistedFaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 18:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFaith View Post
Just to update everyone. Have shared the number with the dealership but unfortunately they have not been able to contact him yet as his phone appears to be switched off. I personally verified this as well.

Have now shared the MD of the dealerships number with him - hope his issue gets resolved.

For the record I am not from Bombay and have no connection to the Dealer in Mumbai other that being an owner of a V-Cross and can confirm that so far all the feedback about JMD Isuzu has been full of praise for their professionalism and courtesy.

Please do update once this issue resolves one way or another...
Thank you for all your help on this. I have spoken to the person at JMD Isuzu and the test drive is scheduled for Saturday. I hope my family likes the car as I am the only one right now who's sold on it even without the test drive.
Old 28th October 2016, 06:20   #22
BHPian

Lovely travelogue tazmaan.

Congrats on getting the V- cross.

I have been following the d-max and then v-Cross from their launch. I was planning on getting one. But then....

Tazmaan could u please some pics of the rear V-Box. Is it totally water-proof? Any glitches with the fitting? Most important how much did it cost.

Thanks once again for sharing Stars' pic. Believe me this made my day. Congrats once again.
Old 2nd November 2016, 15:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Lovely travelogue tazmaan.

Congrats on getting the V- cross.

I have been following the d-max and then v-Cross from their launch. I was planning on getting one. But then....

Tazmaan could u please some pics of the rear V-Box. Is it totally water-proof? Any glitches with the fitting? Most important how much did it cost.

Thanks once again for sharing Stars' pic. Believe me this made my day. Congrats once again.

The car is gone for 1st service, I'll click a Pic and send it to you once the car is back. Yes the D-box is water proof and the fitting is done well. There were issues with lock setting on Right hand side which I was able to adjust myself in 10 mins. It cost me INR 75000/- with painting.
Old 3rd February 2017, 03:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
The car is gone for 1st service, I'll click a Pic and send it to you once the car is back. Yes the D-box is water proof and the fitting is done well. There were issues with lock setting on Right hand side which I was able to adjust myself in 10 mins. It cost me INR 75000/- with painting.
Hi Thanks for sharing, One query is the D box a OEM by Isuzu or some other brand that needs to get painted? Also is the OEM bed liner compatible with the dbox ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th May 2017, 20:50   #25

How will you rate this as a city ride vehicle.. i know it is big (5.3m) .. just wanted to know how bad / or how difficult is it to drive it in Bangalore city (primarily HSR, JP Nagar, Jaya Nagar et al)
Old 12th May 2017, 00:50   #26
BHPian

Given the propensity of the moderators of this forum against one line posts I am going to make this as long winded as possible while trying to stay true to my question which really is a simple one liner, where IS that leopard? I searched far and wide given the limitations of the search on a smartphone as opposed to a full screen of a laptop but couldn't find it.
Also perplexed by the fact that no one else has brought it up
dyer_made is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 15:33   #27
BHPian

Sorry for the late replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtwinks View Post
How will you rate this as a city ride vehicle.. i know it is big (5.3m) .. just wanted to know how bad / or how difficult is it to drive it in Bangalore city (primarily HSR, JP Nagar, Jaya Nagar et al)
City ride is very good. After driving the V-cross around I find my Honda Jazz ride a bit stiff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Hi Thanks for sharing, One query is the D box a OEM by Isuzu or some other brand that needs to get painted? Also is the OEM bed liner compatible with the dbox ?

Thanks in advance.
Its OEM by Isuzu and it still needs to be painted. The cost of painting is included in the MRP of the D-box.
The bed liner is compatible with the D-box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyer_made View Post
I searched far and wide given the limitations of the search on a smartphone as opposed to a full screen of a laptop but couldn't find it.
Mumbai to Ranthambore: Solo drive in an Isuzu D-Max V-Cross-spot-leapord.jpg
Old 16th June 2017, 22:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
The car is gone for 1st service, I'll click a Pic and send it to you once the car is back.
So how did your first service go? if you can share the details and the quality of service it would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by Boomerang : 16th June 2017 at 22:51. Reason: word order

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks