Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 21:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Dizzy DriveŽ: Bangalore - Mahabaleshwar - Kaas - Bamnoli in 4 days (1,700 km)

Ha ha ha .. You will be celebrity for that day !

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
My bad. I just saw the date of the post and thought you had visited Mahabaleshwar over Diwali weekend.

Fantastic photos! I will love to take that Santro to office for a day
Old 17th November 2016, 10:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dizzy DriveŽ: Bangalore - Mahabaleshwar - Kaas - Bamnoli in 4 days (1,700 km)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Day 1
Bangalore-Wai
Map Link
Wai-Dhom-Mahabaleshwar
Map Link
Day 2
Hotel-Bombay Point-Wilson Point-Venna Lake-Echo Point-Lingmala Falls-Mapro Garden-Hotel
Map Link
Day 3
Mahabaleshwar-Parsi Point-Sydney Point-Harrisons Folly
Map Link
Harrisons Folly-Kaas-Bamnoli
Map Link
# Day 4 was a straight forward Kolhapur-Bangalore drive on NH4, retracing route taken on Day 1, albeit with a detour for breakfast at Sankam Residency, Belgaum.
This sure looks like an awesome trip @NPV. I am always fascinated with western Maharashtra specifically around monsoon and Sept-Oct.

The Bamnoli visit was the one I liked most. The entire village is relocated few years ago to a far away place - closer to where my home is! I hear a lot of stories and experiences, grief these folks have been through during the relocation. For a different thread but the green and blue environment they had in their original place is not same as what they see now!

Very good coverage of the Koyana and surroundings. Thanks for bringing it up in the form of travelogue.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 11:02   #33
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Very good coverage of the Koyana and surroundings. Thanks for bringing it up in the form of travelogue.
Thanks for those good words @abirnale.
I think I read somewhere on the forum that you also visited kaas around that time, maybe a week after my trip. If yes, please do share some pictures, especially of the flowers since we did not get to spend much time there due to the crowds and the weather.

Good to know your home is nearby Kaas/Bamnoli, what a lovely place to have a home

Last edited by NPV : 17th November 2016 at 11:04.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 11:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Yes, you are right. the weekend before Dasara I went home. And visited Kaas too. unfortunately that time itself was like well beyond bloom. The flowers were not many - just a few places. But many tourists were still visiting.

I have put some pictures here.

My home is closer to Kolhapur - its still far distance from Kaas actually! But growing up in that area as kid, memories are plenty!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 11:55   #35
BHPian

Hi @NPV, we made a trip to Kaas about a week after yours, i.e in the first week of October. We were lucky to get a pretty decent sighting of flowers. Attaching a few pics with your permission:

Dizzy DriveŽ: Bangalore - Mahabaleshwar - Kaas - Bamnoli in 4 days (1,700 km)-img_20161004_130654772.jpg
Dizzy DriveŽ: Bangalore - Mahabaleshwar - Kaas - Bamnoli in 4 days (1,700 km)-img_20161004_142444539.jpg
Dizzy DriveŽ: Bangalore - Mahabaleshwar - Kaas - Bamnoli in 4 days (1,700 km)-img_20161004_142708607.jpg
Dizzy DriveŽ: Bangalore - Mahabaleshwar - Kaas - Bamnoli in 4 days (1,700 km)-img_20161004_143234472.jpg
Dizzy DriveŽ: Bangalore - Mahabaleshwar - Kaas - Bamnoli in 4 days (1,700 km)-img_20161004_144606199.jpg
Dizzy DriveŽ: Bangalore - Mahabaleshwar - Kaas - Bamnoli in 4 days (1,700 km)-img_20161004_150749927.jpg
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 12:50   #36
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I have put some pictures here.
Thanks Avinash, nice update and pictures there on your ownership thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Hi @NPV, we made a trip to Kaas about a week after yours, i.e in the first week of October. We were lucky to get a pretty decent sighting of flowers.
Thanks for sharing the pictures @PearlJam

Did you visit on a weekday or weekend and how were the crowds ?
Hope you also visited Bamnoli, just 9Km away.
Old 24th November 2016, 13:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Did you visit on a weekday or weekend and how were the crowds ? Hope you also visited Bamnoli, just 9Km away.
We visited on a Tuesday, so crowds were not bad, though it was much more than what I had anticipated. The biggest problem was the rash driving by vehicles on the main road. Since we had to use the same road for walking, it was a little dangerous due to low visibility and fog.

Unfortunately, we couldn't do Bamnoli since it got late. However, we did do Tapola the next day, coming from the Mahabaleshwar side. I guess they're both in the same catchment area.

Most Viewed