Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2017, 13:06   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Throwback to a bygone era - Bhutan in a Bolero 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4@theheart View Post
There is only one word for this Travelogue - " Fantastic"

It seems that you have come back from a journey of a lifetime. This travelogue will certainly help others who are planning to drive through this beautiful country.
Thanks a lot 4x4@theheart. I took quite a bit of time to give all the details in this thread and will be happy if it helps others who plan to visit Bhutan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Brilliant as always BlackPearl !! Fantastically written with some amazing photographs. I think it is time HULK makes its maiden trip to Bhutan.

Regards,

Pawan
Thanks Pawan. Please do plan to visit Bhutan, it is a wonderful place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Wonderfully described and the pictures complemented the writing perfectly.
As Samba said, this could be a guide for fellow travelers to Bhutan.

Brilliant travelogue. Rated 5*!
Thanks a lot gearhead_mait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Sumitro Da, this is 'The Bible' for anybody planning a roadtrip to Bhutan specially the eastern part and Bumthang Valley.

Bhutan has been in my radar for long. I had been to Phuentsholing once (just a few hours detour from Hashimara) but really wish to explore the entire country. Sadly I have always heard that the roads in Central and Eastern Bhutan can tax a vehicle's suspension and underbody. This is the only reason I have been postponing my trip since last 2-3 years.

Thanks to your travelogue, that urge is now at an all-time high but again the roads do not give me confidence to take a non-4WD vehicle there. Might take the plunge on my Enfield in one of the dry months later this year if conditions are suitable.

Lovely travelogue and beautiful pictures. Rating it 5-stars !

Thanks a lot //M. Central and Eastern Bhutan roadwork will hopefully be completed by end of 2018. 2WD vehicle will be able to go to all the tourist places, 4WD will help to explore a bit more. But the problem is that the places are remote and population is sparse, so getting help in case you get stuck will be difficult. It is better to have back up vehicles.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 09:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sumitro,
Just asked the same question on Samba's thread. Cross posting it here too.
Any experience driving a company lease car over to Bhutan?
Since the RC Card would mention the owner as the company i work for, is it still possible to get a permit to drive through Bhutan?
I tried enquiring about this with the Bhutan consulate but did not get any response.
Any info/guidance would be very helpful.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 10:37   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey Sumitro,
Just asked the same question on Samba's thread. Cross posting it here too.
Any experience driving a company lease car over to Bhutan?
Since the RC Card would mention the owner as the company i work for, is it still possible to get a permit to drive through Bhutan?
I tried enquiring about this with the Bhutan consulate but did not get any response.
Any info/guidance would be very helpful.
Cheers,
Deepak
Hi Deepak, I do not have experience of driving company lease car to Bhutan but spoke to team-bhpian Avrendu, who frequently visits Bhutan for business trips. He has confirmed that one can take a vehicle with the owner mentioned as a company on the smart card. One needs to have an authorisation/noc from the company that the company does not have any objection on the vehicle being taken to Bhutan. Hope this helps.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks