Team-BHP - Wayanad: 100 meters away from the most elusive cat in the world – the Leopard!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Wayanad: 100 meters away from the most elusive cat in the world – the Leopard! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/181824-wayanad-100-meters-away-most-elusive-cat-world-leopard-2.html)

Excellent write-up and jealousy pictures ! Mind you, very few can actually put one into the scene just by few amount of words, and with your travelogue, I was as anxious as I was in there ! Makes me want to think about camping around this weekend.

Your post was an excellent morning read to start the day. Thanks a lot for the interesting narration; I could actually visualize the sequence of events and felt so excited reading through your post. Nothing like being out on a night like this all on your own and getting to see wildlife from so close. I can understand that special feeling that you would have experienced. Thanks for sharing your experience and the photographs.

WOW! that was an amazing experience narrated in an equally amazing style. That is a once in a lifetime moment even for the most seasoned wild life enthusiasts. You are truly blessed in that you can possibly have many such moments in the future. It is obvious that you have the utmost respect for all of God's creatures and that makes it possible for you to have many such moments. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jungle Retreat (Post 4093708)

I live for moments like these, I was 100 meters away from a full grown female leopard and her cub and she had enough trust in me to leave the cub there in the presence of a human and wander off. Perhaps she realized that I wouldn’t do anything to break her trust and maybe that is why she continues to accept my presence even to this date!

Man!! you are a true wildlife lover. Absolutely delighted to read this! Needless to say, even Leopards love your forest manners! clap: When you have a farm inside a jungle, this is given, but still, not everyone, not even all the forest guards have these skills!

How I wish to have this kind of experience - even without leopard will be great!!

Lucky you. Wish I had a farm like that.

She was able to catch shutter sound from so far away!!

Amazing clicks.

Quote:

I live for moments like these ...

Excellent story there! Good pictures too, especially the one of the mother walking along the ridge. I guess now you can always go back to that spot for some more time and be more or less guaranteed of a sighting!

Absolutely fantastic experience! These are the moments you live for. Thanks for sharing :)

Hey anil, thanks for sharing. I stayed at your property last year and was an eventful experience with wild dogs around the big watering hole trying to hunt down a deer fawn that they had isolated from the herd! Can so relate to this experience of the leopard.

Cheers
Ankush

That reminds me that it's time to visit your property yet another time. Beautiful narration with superb snaps. On popular demand, hope you will share snaps of your hammock and camping equipment

Brilliant narration and nice snaps too!

It would be a dream for many to have a farm near a jungle and here one that is full of wild animals. You are one lucky among them. :thumbs up Hope you do not have much man-animal conflict in your area.

Btw, which part of Wayanadu is this?

Quote:

There is nothing better than camping out in the jungle and since I traveled alone that weekend to Wayanad.

Jungle Retreat - Sounded so familiar, so you own this place ? Shall surely make a trip there when I am back home. Ideally this Dec. I am from Sulthan Bathery there.

Quote:

I live for moments like these, I was 100 meters away from a full grown female leopard and her cub and she had enough trust in me to leave the cub there in the presence of a human and wander off. Perhaps she realized that I wouldn’t do anything to break her trust and maybe that is why she continues to accept my presence even to this date!

What else could we live for. Brilliant write up ! Classy pics.

I have always wished to spend more time looking at Wild Animals like these.

Beautiful narration and what a lucky guy you are! An opportunity of lifetime and that too from the comfort of your own farm.

Hey,

An amazing life time treat is what you have experienced... the way you have penned it down gives a visual treat to us.

Thanks for sharing this....

Regards
HK.

Amazing treat, beautifully penned, could visualize every moment. Its like reliving your day with the beauties. clap:

All the admiration from our friends here is quite understandable and you deserve it!! Please accept my admiration as well!! One thing I feel everyone missed complimenting about is, your COURAGE!! To stay in the jungle alone is not an easy feat!! Yeah, the hammock setup picture will be interesting. . .thanks for sharing!!