Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2016, 22:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Some of the photos are frame worthy, Nilanjan! I hope you are mounting at least a couple of them. That first shot has an ethereal quality and the one with the semi-tame rabbit has absolutely amazing colours. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you. Another rabbit shot.
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-rabbitforestresthouselawn.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet_apf View Post
Super Photos and lovely writing - I could smell the forest.

My favorite, for some reason, is the super hornet and that lovely picture of the lonely forest road.

And now the compulsive traveler in me itches.
Thanks. Why the hornet? That was a snapshot. Here is another one, I was practicing autofocus tracking

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-hornetsnapshot.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Excellent pics. The sunrise pics are superb.
Though no luck with big cats, you always have reason to visit again.
Thanks. After a long time I did a trip where I didn't see a single big cat. Sigh.

Anyway, here is another sunrise shot. A haunting one, this time.

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_3882.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
Im planning to go to Dudhwa when I go to Lucknow in three weeks time. You've kindled fond memories though its not what it used to be like in the 90's when I frequently visited the place. My Grand Father was a Forest Ranger and was posted in Dudhwa for a very long time. In fact he got my Dad married while he was living there. Its a beautiful and a calm place. Thanks for the excellent photos. I will try my luck with the camera when I'm there.
Great to know. It is beautiful, and less touristy than some of the more popular parks. Of course, the real charm is in staying inside the park, in a FRH.

A reflection of the FRH in the eyes of the rabbit. Cropped shot.

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_3396.jpg
nilanjanray is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 03:26   #17
BHPian

Excellent pictures! Specially the photos of the Rhinoceros are magical. The Dudhwa reserve forest has a mystical feeling and your photos enhances the beauty of the place.
Thanks for sharing!
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 11:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Excellent pictures! Specially the photos of the Rhinoceros are magical. The Dudhwa reserve forest has a mystical feeling and your photos enhances the beauty of the place.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks. Terai forests do have a mystical feel in winter.

Another rhino shot. I have many, haven't processed them.This guy died a few days after our trip, I got to know from someone.

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_2563.jpg

Sunbeams
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-rays.jpg
nilanjanray is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 11:39   #19

Amazing photography @nilanjanray, it is simply mesmerizing. I dint even know that such a place existed. Thank you very much for this new entry to my to-do-list.
madroxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 18:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
A short photologue

In the end, this trip was not about sighting and shooting wildlife, but more about experiencing the forest with all my senses, and chasing the light. Not that it stopped me from cribbing when the scene was lovely and the light was perfect, but there was no animal subject for my photos. I plan to be back in Dudhwa next year, when the grass has dried up, and when there is a higher chance of encountering the Dudhwa tigers. There is another FRH that I am rather keen to visit. Perhaps I will do that long drive from Bangalore and club the Dudhwa trip with Corbett and Pangot.
Hello Nilanjan,

I am a big fan of your travelogues and wildlife, nature's photos. Generally you always drive from Bangalore to your targeted forest and you encounter good deal of wildlife however this time you chose to travel differently and this might be the reason.

Jokes apart, November might be the reason for not encountering Dudhwa tigers. But anyway, I am certain that you have enjoyed thorough ally in experiencing the forest.

Regards,
Dwaipayan Ghosh
dghosh80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 13:19   #21
BHPian

Lovely pictures Nilanjan. Pristine beauty and amazing photography. They have managed to replicate the similar ambience around me!
swapnil.awate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 14:36   #22
BHPian

Amazing Pictures! thanks a lot for sharing them!

I hope I get the Chance to visit it soon!
ishankpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 15:13   #23
BHPian

These are some of the finest wild life pictures that I've seen on this forum. Special mention of the lovely rhino and the forest captures. Which camera and lens/ 's did you use for all these pictures?
T.S. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 16:14   #24
BHPian

Excellent photography. The pics just add to the magic of the forest and next only to one being present there physically.
vamsi.kona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 16:54   #25
BHPian

Is this for real Nilanjan !! Breathtaking photographs!! What a lovely place. I guess the beauty has remained intact because its still not widely explored by tourists.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 18:03   #26
BHPian

Beautiful pictures. I love the way you have composed each shot with great care and attention to detail. Can you share some more details on the equipment you used to create these beautiful shots?
shiva75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 20:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madroxx View Post
Amazing photography @nilanjanray, it is simply mesmerizing. I dint even know that such a place existed. Thank you very much for this new entry to my to-do-list.
Thanks. There are many such beautiful places in India, just have to go to the right place at the right time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghosh80 View Post
Hello Nilanjan,

I am a big fan of your travelogues and wildlife, nature's photos. Generally you always drive from Bangalore to your targeted forest and you encounter good deal of wildlife however this time you chose to travel differently and this might be the reason.

Jokes apart, November might be the reason for not encountering Dudhwa tigers. But anyway, I am certain that you have enjoyed thorough ally in experiencing the forest.

Regards,
Dwaipayan Ghosh
Yes, next time I am driving down, where ever I go lol. I actually did quite a few trips recently, haven't written travelogues.

I know Nov is not the right time for tigers, but then the mist and light made up for it. I am increasingly getting attracted to winter light, even if it means fewer big cat sightings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.awate View Post
Lovely pictures Nilanjan. Pristine beauty and amazing photography. They have managed to replicate the similar ambience around me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishankpatel View Post
Amazing Pictures! thanks a lot for sharing them!

I hope I get the Chance to visit it soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Excellent photography. The pics just add to the magic of the forest and next only to one being present there physically.
Thanks. Glad that you enjoyed looking at the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Is this for real Nilanjan !! Breathtaking photographs!! What a lovely place. I guess the beauty has remained intact because its still not widely explored by tourists.
Thanks. The UP government is trying hard to promote the place. You have to choose the right time to go, otherwise it could be hot and dusty, or full of local tourists (during the weekend). It is not that far away from Lucknow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
Beautiful pictures. I love the way you have composed each shot with great care and attention to detail. Can you share some more details on the equipment you used to create these beautiful shots?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
These are some of the finest wild life pictures that I've seen on this forum. Special mention of the lovely rhino and the forest captures. Which camera and lens/ 's did you use for all these pictures?
Thanks for the appreciation. I used a Nikon D500 + 200-500mm, and a D7100 + 18-105 kit lens.

You can read more about my gear deliberations and D500 field feedback on my guest article at Nikon Rumors. http://nikonrumors.com/2016/12/03/ni...oothills.aspx/

A few more photos.

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_3888.jpg

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_3858.jpg

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_3141.jpg

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_3256.jpg

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_0913.jpg

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_2326.jpg

The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_3442.jpg
nilanjanray is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 13:58   #28
BHPian

Wow !, what beautiful snaps.
Each of them looks like a painting and I like the way your photographs have captured the play of light on the forest foliage.
The photos of the forests have an ethereal other wordly quality about them. My personal favorite is the first introductory photo.
You may not have sighted the big cats but you have certainly done justice to the other flora and fauna of the place.
What a treat!.
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 23:42   #29
BHPian

Incredible pictures Nalanjan.

Each and every picture is outstanding and "A reflection of the FRH in the eyes of the rabbit" is Simply priceless.

Last edited by PointZero : 10th December 2016 at 23:44. Reason: removing da
PointZero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 08:45   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Magical Pictures. What more can I say.

Your photos made me feel as though I was present there, the cold temperatures outside my home currently adding a 4th dimension to it!

I saw the Monkey peeing picture and was reading the details about that photo. As soon as I scrolled down, I saw that dew on the straw picture. Immediately I thought that the pee had fallen on some straw and you had captured it 'pee'utifully
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks