Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2016, 14:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Wow !, what beautiful snaps
Each of them looks like a painting and I like the way your photographs have captured the play of light on the forest foliage.
The photos of the forests have an ethereal other wordly quality about them. My personal favorite is the first introductory photo.
You may not have sighted the big cats but you have certainly done justice to the other flora and fauna of the place.
What a treat!
Thank you. As I mentioned, I was trying to see things with a different eye during this trip. Usually my whole attention is focused on chasing big cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
Incredible pictures Nalanjan.

Each and every picture is outstanding and "A reflection of the FRH in the eyes of the rabbit" is Simply priceless.
Thanks. Scraped elbows and ruined my tshirt to slither and get close to the rabbit. It is Nilanjan, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Magical Pictures. What more can I say.

Your photos made me feel as though I was present there, the cold temperatures outside my home currently adding a 4th dimension to it!

I saw the Monkey peeing picture and was reading the details about that photo. As soon as I scrolled down, I saw that dew on the straw picture. Immediately I thought that the pee had fallen on some straw and you had captured it 'pee'utifully
Aha. No artistic subliminal message or conceptual continuity intended, all in the eyes of the beholder :-)

A few more photos. Haven't been able to work on them, been busy watching King Kohli and magical Ashwin give the whining and arrogant English what they deserved to get.

Morning safari
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_2222.jpg

The world in a dew drop #Tagore #only_Bongs_would_understand
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_0920.jpg

Forest sunrise
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_2171.jpg

Morning light
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_0951.jpg

A government jeep driving through the morning mist
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_3612.jpg

Another gypsy
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_0861.jpg

Last edited by nilanjanray : 12th December 2016 at 14:04.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 16:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Awesome is the only word to describe your pictures, my favorite being the black and white shot of the Rhino and the Rabbit. Surprised by a lone Elephant on a foggy day on a narrow road is a thought that haunts me always during the forest drives.

Last edited by gadadhar : 16th December 2016 at 16:54.
gadadhar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 23:09   #33
BHPian

You have some excellent shots going there. The BnW rhynosaucerous looks gracious. The perspective and pov of every image is just excellent. The train tracks give the chills . Simpley loved the narration . Rated 5*
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 13:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Awesome is the only word to describe your pictures, my favorite being the black and white shot of the Rhino and the Rabbit. Surprised by a lone Elephant on a foggy day on a narrow road is a thought that haunts me always during the forest drives.
Thanks. It was a foggy night, not day, so a little more interesting :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
You have some excellent shots going there. The BnW rhynosaucerous looks gracious. The perspective and pov of every image is just excellent. The train tracks give the chills . Simpley loved the narration . Rated 5*
Thanks for the appreciation and the rating.

A few more shots.

Rhino
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_2103.jpg

Morning
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_0923.jpg

Gloomy forest. Ideal for a Bollywood chudail movie.
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_1793.jpg

Roadblock. We had to go through the undergrowth on the left and regain the track on the far side of the tree.
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_0922.jpg

Last edited by nilanjanray : 17th December 2016 at 13:02.
nilanjanray is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 21:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

A few B&W shots

Road
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_0801_00003.jpg

Moonrise over the misty grasslands
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_2315_00003.jpg

Trainline
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_0663_00001.jpg

Dew #pearls
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_3744_00001.jpg

A quick snapshot
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_19382.jpg
Old 13th January 2017, 12:22   #36
BHPian

Fantastic images & lovely projection of what mother nature offers. Very difficult to choose or say which image I liked the most as all are too good. Going to rate this thread a well deserved 5 stars.

A couple of questions now

I understand FRH is the way to go when comes to staying in Dudhwa. But are there other VFM accomodation options available on the fringes of the park? Can safaris be booked online? Are there multiple entry points for safaris like how we have in Tadoba, Bandhavgarh etc?
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 13:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Fantastic images & lovely projection of what mother nature offers. Very difficult to choose or say which image I liked the most as all are too good. Going to rate this thread a well deserved 5 stars.

A couple of questions now

I understand FRH is the way to go when comes to staying in Dudhwa. But are there other VFM accomodation options available on the fringes of the park? Can safaris be booked online? Are there multiple entry points for safaris like how we have in Tadoba, Bandhavgarh etc?
Thanks. There are quite a few accommodation options outside the park, just Google or check on Tripadvisor. I don't think that other budget options are too good, but mid and upper range places should be quite good (going by reviews).

There are various zones e.g. Sathiana, Kishanpur etc., and the gate for each zone is different. One should visit all the zones if possible.

Not sure re safaris, since this time someone else took care of logistics. Best to call the UP Ecotourism department or any of the resorts, and check.

Dawn, B&W. Had shared this in the non-auto image thread.
The misty grasslands & haunting sal forests of Dudhwa National Park-dsc_1793_00001.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks