Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 17:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
My return journey timings are in this post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/487441-post31.html

Mine was a nonstop drive from bhubaneshwar, I stopped only at Reliance petrol pump at Ichchapuram for fuel and then at A1 Plaza, 30km before entering Vizag for lunch. My total driving time was 6 hours.

Abhi
I know that...I'd read your travelogue long back. Very impressive speeds indeed! Perhaps you should give Formula 1 a try
Old 5th March 2008, 17:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I know that...I'd read your travelogue long back. Very impressive speeds indeed! Perhaps you should give Formula 1 a try
No Sir, it was simple 70-80kmph in 2 laned and 100-120kmph on 4laned.
Only thing was steadiness. No stopping but continuous nonstop driving was the key.
Thanks to wife who fed me with the snacks and water in regular intervals. Also hats off to car AC too.

Abhi
Old 7th March 2008, 00:25   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post

Ichchapuram - Sunakhala is not a bad stretch. it is a slow stretch with normal 2 lane traffic unlike GQ where we average out 90-100km in an hour.

I did Bhubaneshwar - Vizag in 6 hours during my return journey.

Abhi
Bhubaneshwar - Vizag in 6 hours is extremely good in an alto.
Old 7th March 2008, 12:55   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Bhubaneshwar - Vizag in 6 hours is extremely good in an alto.
I concur with this view in toto.
Old 30th March 2008, 07:53   #65
BHPian

Taking your journey as the inspiration, I'm starting on my first long journey from Bangalore to my home town, Kakinada. Your travelogue has provided all the details from Bangalore - Rajahmundry.

Can you please help me with the details regarding toll-plazas in this route - where and how much toll to pay?

Did anyone cover the journey from Rajahmundry to Bangalore without overnight halts? If so, can you please let me know the journey details? I would be traveling alone during this return journey. So, I need few pointers on the same.

Thanks to all in advance.
Old 30th March 2008, 19:56   #66
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Iam sure you can easily make it 6.00AM to 9.00 or 10.00 PM

Bangalore to Naidupet via tirupati 6.00 AM to 12 or 1 PM
Naidupet to viziawada 1 PM to 6 or 7PM

BZA to RJY 2-3 hours at the maximum on GQ
Old 30th March 2008, 21:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncity View Post
Taking your journey as the inspiration, I'm starting on my first long journey from Bangalore to my home town, Kakinada. Your travelogue has provided all the details from Bangalore - Rajahmundry.
Thank you and Good Luck !! You will surely enjoy the drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncity
Can you please help me with the details regarding toll-plazas in this route - where and how much toll to pay?
I dont exactly remember although I had the paper which contained the toll amount but somehow misplaced it. It is like 35, 55, 25. Dont worry on the amount it is something like 200-300 but the pleasure you get in return is priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncity
Did anyone cover the journey from Rajahmundry to Bangalore without overnight halts? If so, can you please let me know the journey details? I would be traveling alone during this return journey. So, I need few pointers on the same.
Thanks to all in advance.
Suggest you to do Rajahmundry - Bangalore without a overnight halts.
Start from RJH at 6AM. have breakfast at A1 Plaza near Nuzvid (30km before Vijayawada). With lunch and tea breaks you should be in bangalore by 8PM.

During my Kolkata return trip, I took a break as I was running fever otherwise I would have done Vizag - bangalore at a go. I already reached Nellore by 6PM (that too after taking a very long tea break at Ongole A1 Plaza).

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 30th March 2008 at 21:24.
akroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2008, 20:42   #68

Banaglore To Kolkata

I am planning to drive to Kolkata from Bangalore. I have 3 days to complete the journey with evening/night halts; obvioulsy i will drive only until sunset or few hours after and begin my day at sunrise. My speed will not be more than 100 km/hr and my car will be a brand new Ford fiesta - Diesel.

I did read a wonderful post on the same route by another member but he spent 5 days driving so i am unable to plan the milestones for 3 days.

I need the safest route (first timer on this route), night halts at decent/clean hotels, food centers for breakfast/lunch, and any other places to visit whilst i complete the journey.

Finally i will be booked to stay at central Kolkata so please guide my entrance to the hotel from GQ.

Thanks.
AceVentura
Old 29th April 2008, 11:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

Ace,

I did Bangalore-Vizag about 2 weeks back.

Started Bangalore 6:30am. Naidupeta 10:30-11:00am. Hit the GQ around 11:30am. Reached Vijayawada 3:30pm. Overnight at Vijayawada. Suggest Hotel Quality Inn Manohar or Fortune Murali on MG Road. There are cheaper options also not listed on the net.

Alternate stopover at Rajahmundry. Not many hotels in this place. Hotel Anand Regency is the only good place. Must book in advance. Rs 2500/- plus taxes for a night.

started Vijayawada 7:00am Eluru:8:00am. Started Eluru: 10:00am and recahed Vizag 3:00pm ( this was a leisurely drive taking in the scenery around ). It should take you around 5 hrs for the Vijayawada - Vizag stretch. There will be some traffic on this stretch upto Tanuku, after which it is pretty thin traffic.

Watch out for vehicles using the wrong side of the road all along the GQ. Stick to the middle lane to avoid these..

You can reach vizag in about 12 to 14hrs if you want to.

Sightseeing :

Vijaywada: Prakasam Barrage, Kanaka Durga Temple.

Rajahmundry: Iskon Temple, Godavari cruise. If you have a day to spare, then go for the godavari cruise at either Rajahmundry or Razole. Details on the APTDC site.

Vizag: Ramakrishna Beach, Kailasagiri, Submarine Museum, Venkateswara temple on the hill, Simhachalam temple, Harbor cruise.

cheers!
Srini
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2008, 13:56   #70

Thanks Srini. My original plan was to complete the Bangalore Kolkata route in 2 days with a night halt at Vizag. I thought Vizag would be 18 hours of continous driving hence a stopover at Vijaywada. I will be the only driver in the car. My assistant drives but lacks high way driving skills. Do you think it is feasible?
Old 30th April 2008, 12:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

With an avg speed of 100kph, you should be able to reach vizag in 14 to 16hrs.

Since the traffic after rajahmundry is less, you can take a break and let your companion drive.

Sincere advise is not to push your limits, if you are not used to driving for such long hours. Driving safely is more important.
Old 30th April 2008, 14:53   #72

Srini, I think you are right - safety is important. Can you give me 2 night halts in ths route so that i make it to Kolkata in 3 days with an avearge speed of 65 km/hr.
Old 30th April 2008, 17:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

@ Ace, where are you putting up? If you give us the name, the route (GQ-hotel) will be easier to suggest
Old 30th April 2008, 19:48   #74

Shuvd, I will be checking into Grand Hotel - Oberoi. I am planning to do this trip in 3 days from bangalore so i need to determine my night halt hotels, lunch/snack halts and the approach route into central kolkata. I guess i need to divide the journey into 3 phases but being a new comer in this route, i am unable to set the milestones.

Thanks
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:40   #75
Senior - BHPian

Ace,

1st night halt: Vijayawada - Fortune Murali / The Gateway / Quality Hotel Manohar.

2nd night hald Visakhapatnam - The Park / GreenPark / Taj / Welcomhotel.
Comfort Inn Daspalla

Use Mapmyindia.com to get a good roadmap of how to get into Kolkatta and the directions.

h

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks