Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2016, 12:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Down south for a change - Glimpses of Odisha and Andhra

Fantastic Mithun. Although I am less of a sea person your photos sure do a good job in motivating me to make this circuit.

Very Crisp & to the point. Shall definitely help a lot of people planning a trip to Vizag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post

By the way, how was your trademark bermudas with a shaggy t-shirt reluctantly put on [TM], doing this time during the drive? You haven't put up such a photograph here so far Is Pawan listening?
Hossan Sa'ab, I was noticing the same. All the pictures posted are waist up & the T-shirts not so shaggy. Inspired, may be ?

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 19:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Superb travelogue mi2n!! Rated 5 stars. I have been to vizag so many times but never wrote a travelogue
Maybe that's because the drive ain't anywhere as exciting as a dash to Sikkim
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
It's another beautiful travelogue. I enjoyed reading it and congratulations mi2n on your new machine!

By the way, how was your trademark bermudas with a shaggy t-shirt reluctantly put on [TM], doing this time during the drive? You haven't put up such a photograph here so far Is Pawan listening?
Thanks Golam da! I've been going through the snaps taken by the missus and sister trying to find an appropriate response to your query, but all I got there were the pout faced selfies! Now my only hope are stills from the 500+ GB of dash cam videos. Rest assured, most of the drive was done in somewhat shaggy t-shirts. However, owing to the winter chill, the Bermudas were replaced by pyjamas,track pants and 3/4ths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Fantastic Mithun. Although I am less of a sea person your photos sure do a good job in motivating me to make this circuit.

Very Crisp & to the point. Shall definitely help a lot of people planning a trip to Vizag.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Hossan Sa'ab, I was noticing the same. All the pictures posted are waist up & the T-shirts not so shaggy. Inspired, may be ?
Who seemed inspired on that late night dinner drive during Durga Pujas?

Last edited by mi2n : 21st December 2016 at 19:23.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 07:05   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Great thread mi2n. Looks like you are making full use of your TUV
Could you also share details on how to go about reserving the Odisha & AP tourism resorts that you stayed in?
Old 24th December 2016, 09:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice and well written one Mate interspersed with superb photos.
Prompts me to do an AP and Odisha trip.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 18:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Great thread mi2n. Looks like you are making full use of your TUV
Trust me, the TUV is being seriously underutilized having done barely 4000kms in 4 months. He's not my daily driver and I've been having issues arranging leaves for driving holidays. Hopefully, the coming year will bring more opportunities to travel with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Could you also share details on how to go about reserving the Odisha & AP tourism resorts that you stayed in?
All bookings were done online :

OTDC : http://www.panthanivas.com/booking.html

APTDC : http://www.aptdc.gov.in/accommodations.html
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 00:32   #21
BHPian

Let me add a dash of Mars Red in this wonderful travelogue centered around the Molten Orange TUV I had a lovely trip to Vizag this October but was too lazy to pen down my experience. This thread does justice to the place as everything is covered in short & crisp way which will help a lot to motorist planning to do something similar in near future. I have always been a fan of your travelogues and this one is no different

@Vizag beside INS Kursura
Down south for a change - Glimpses of Odisha and Andhra-img_20161009_201957.jpg

@Gopalpur on Sea
Down south for a change - Glimpses of Odisha and Andhra-img_20161011_105346.jpg

Keep up all the good work. Rated *****
Samfromindia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 15:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Total distance covered : 2125 kms approx
Total fuel consumed : 126 liters approx(diesel is costlier in OD & AP)
Total toll paid : INR 2000 approx

Thanks for reading.

Signing off!
Wonderful travelogue there Mithun da . I must admit you have a very good knack of writing and your photographs are simply icing on the cake. Need to learn a thing or two about photography from you.

In the last leg of your journey you could cover 620 kms in a day. Did you experience any kind of fatigue, pain in leg etc at the end of this leg? How comfortable were the passengers seated in the second row

Last edited by AutoIndian : 31st December 2016 at 15:48.
Old 31st December 2016, 20:07   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Let me add a dash of Mars Red in this wonderful travelogue
I so wanted to drive into that abandoned resort at Gopalpur for a photo opportunity. As luck would have it, there was some filming going on when we arrived and thus was denied entry into the premises. Lovely lovely snaps of the Ecosport! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Wonderful travelogue there Mithun da . I must admit you have a very good knack of writing and your photographs are simply icing on the cake. Need to learn a thing or two about photography from you.
I'm flattered, but honestly, your appreciation is rather misplaced. I'm not much good with a camera. In fact, most of the photos in this log have been snapped with my mobile phone, a LE2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
In the last leg of your journey you could cover 620 kms in a day. Did you experience any kind of fatigue, pain in leg etc at the end of this leg? How comfortable were the passengers seated in the second row
This is another positive of the TUV we all discovered during this trip. As I have mentioned earlier, the TUV is a very comfortable cruiser. When I reached home, I felt like I had 200-300 kilometers driving still left in me. No fatigue, no pain. Asked the passengers multiple time through the trip of any discomfort and the response always was that they were very comfortable. Though due credit should also be given to the pristine national highways we availed.

Thank you!
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:57   #24
BHPian

Great Travelogue, and incidentally have been planning for a Vizag trip too, I haven't been anywhere since the West Sikkim Trip in Dec'15. 2016 was spent waiting for our baby to arrive, and now waiting for him to be around 6 months, to be able to take on longer travels. Although have taken him on a drive to Durgapur in February, and he seems to be taking to it well.

Back to Vizag, the idea came to us, when we drove upto Bhubaneswar in April 2016, the Highways along our Midnapore and Odhisa are super smooth, and it took just 6 hours to reach Bhubaneswar excluding the break at Balasore. The road signages were showing that Vizag was just a 400 and a little more kilometers ahead, and we decided to take to this trip soon. Will contact you for more info on the APTDC Guest House, looks so beautiful!

Last edited by themagicclicks : 23rd April 2017 at 15:00.
themagicclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 17:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
DAY 2 (05.12.2016) - Barkul(OD) to Vizag(AP) approx 330 kms

Attachment 1584661
Fantastic trip Mithun,and awesome photography

Loved this pic in particular

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com