Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2016, 15:08   #16
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta: A trip from Pune to Indore & Udaipur

Beautifully written travelogue and awesome photos

In October, I stayed in udaipur for a night during Delhi-Pune road trip. It was my first visit to udaipur. Though I just spent an evening there, I completely loved the city atmosphere. The lakes and surrounding mountains/plateaus give an abroad location like feel. I put up in Amantra shilpi resort which is close to Fatehsagar lake.

PS: Did the idea of coming back via Ahmedabad and driving through 90KM of pure bliss NH-1 ran into your mind ?

Last edited by Moto_Hill : 21st December 2016 at 15:33. Reason: Spelling
Moto_Hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 16:00   #17
BHPian

Great Travelogue and wonderful snaps.

I had done the Udaipur trip last month. The lake is a nice place to hang out in the evening especially on Sundays. We had the famous 'kulhad coffee' suggested by a few friends. Stayed at the Lakend hotel, an amazing property on the lake.
shekatkar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 19:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Any suggestions for halts enroute? Also any input on road condition or travelling time is welcome.
Depends on what time you start. I didn't stop anywhere till I reached Indore, but once you enter Maharashtra, Songir has lot of dhabas and is quite popular among the local population. In terms of time, it took us two hours to reach from Nashik to Dhule, and from Dhule to Indore it took about four hours IIRC. The road conditions are excellent and traffic was generally sparse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Beautifully written travelogue and awesome photos

PS: Did the idea of coming back via Ahmedabad and driving through 90KM of pure bliss NH-1 ran into your mind ?
Thanks . I was travelling on this route for the first time, and decided to travel as per advice of Mr. HVK. Probably next time.
MandarMax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 00:52   #19

Superb Travelogue & Wonderfully drafted.

While reading your travelogue, I felt like I am visiting the place myself. The way you have captured even the streets there are remarkable, especially that Gulab Jamun wallah.

Udaipur is literally filled with princely impressions all over the places. I am also having an itch to plan a trip to Rajasthan now.
shagils is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 23:44   #20
BHPian

Well crafted travelogue. The clarity in your Pics really did the virtual tour for us. Even they tempted our taste buds too. And about a small riddle placed by you, I could find 2 monkeys. Overall a well crafted schedule.

Wishing you fun-filled rides ahead.
rohiT Nonu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks