Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2019, 09:11   #121
KPR
BANNED

Re: Holiday in Tawang: All you need to know

Sorry if I've missed in this thread on route query to Kalaktang-Dirang. Has anyone travelled recently in route-1 Kalaktang-Shergaon-Mandala Pass - Dirang ? Is it advisable to drive car in this route-1 or take route-2 from Kalaktang-Shergaon-Rupa- Bomdilla-Dirang? In April 2017 we took the traditional route via Tezpur-Bhalukpong- Dirang to Tawang and back. Back then, Kalaktang routes-1 & 2 were new and were desolate too.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 11:59   #122
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Sorry if I've missed in this thread on route query to Kalaktang-Dirang. Has anyone travelled recently in route-1 Kalaktang-Shergaon-Mandala Pass - Dirang ? Is it advisable to drive car in this route-1 or take route-2 from Kalaktang-Shergaon-Rupa- Bomdilla-Dirang? In April 2017 we took the traditional route via Tezpur-Bhalukpong- Dirang to Tawang and back. Back then, Kalaktang routes-1 & 2 were new and were desolate too.
Couple of pointers that I could accumulate regarding the Mandala route have been mentioned in Post No. 100 of this same thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post4582929 (Holiday in Tawang: All you need to know)
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 22:58   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Thank you! I found something to stay near Orang and now seem to be all set. I will update back on this thread after the trip is done.
Superb. All the best Niranjan. Drive safe.
Hoping to see your updates and photographs on the thread; also a travelogue if you can. It would be very useful for others in the forum to know about the latest updates and change in rules, if any from what has been posted in this thread of three years back.
Old 2nd December 2019, 10:41   #124
BHPian

Quote:
We just came back from the trip...please use this Kalaktang-Shergaon-Rupa- Bomdilla-Dirang., its perfectly fine. I am not sure of the other route.
srikanthpotluri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:17   #125
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
We just came back from the trip...please use this Kalaktang-Shergaon-Rupa- Bomdilla-Dirang., its perfectly fine. I am not sure of the other route.
Thanks for the update. How many hours to reach Dirang if starting by 10:00 AM from Guwahati? Is it doable in a single day? Can we drive post dark to reach Bomdilla for stay ? Any dhabas/restaurants, stay options available before Bomdilla or after after Kalaktang?
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:15   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. How many hours to reach Dirang if starting by 10:00 AM from Guwahati? Is it doable in a single day? Can we drive post dark to reach Bomdilla for stay ? Any dhabas/restaurants, stay options available before Bomdilla or after after Kalaktang?
I started from Orang at 0630 and comfortably reached Bomdila by around 2:30- 3 PM.
Guwahati Bomdila should be doable if you start around 5 AM.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 12:10   #127
BHPian

Re: ILP and passes to Bum La

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Dhanushmenon has already answered your queries, I would just like to emphasize on a few points -
  • Zemithang is a beautiful village, you will be tempted to stay around for longer. For your night stay, your may chose the Govt Rest House or else a homestay (I stayed here and would wholeheartedly recommend this) which is easy to locate if you ask the locals. This homestay is one of the bigger houses in the village and belongs to a powerful guy of that region. Just ask at local shops about the directions. Any other option is too basic.
Hi, Any contact numbers for this homestay? Also, many posts mention abt the inspection bungalow?
Are these ok to stay with family/kids?
I know most d a day trip to Zemithang, but i was very keen on a stay there mainly to go slow on that sector and take in all the sights rather than a been there, done that.
thanks in advance,
Old 15th January 2020, 15:02   #128
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ILP and passes to Bum La

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarams View Post
Hi, Any contact numbers for this homestay? Also, many posts mention abt the inspection bungalow?
Are these ok to stay with family/kids?
I know most d a day trip to Zemithang, but i was very keen on a stay there mainly to go slow on that sector and take in all the sights rather than a been there, done that.
thanks in advance,
I do not have a contact number at the moment, I fear I might have lost it. But people in Zemithang know about this house. Please check with General Stores / Shops (there are barely 6-7 shops in the village), they will guide you to the house. It is a small and simple setup, but you cannot get anything better in Zemithang. The Inspection Bungalow is the only other decent option.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 13:38   #129
BHPian

Thanx. I have been trying to reach to the inspection bungalow, but the number published doesn't seem to be working. I can't do a runtime plan as i am traveling with family and kids. Thanks.
rajarams is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 14:23   #130
BHPian

Guys, Planning for Meghalaya and CHERRAPUNJI in May month, can you please check the itinerary,

May 15 Reach Guwahati Nit @Guwahati
May 16- Guwahati to Bomdila nit @Bomdila
May 17- Bomdila to Tawang nit @Tawang
May 18- Tawang Local nit @Tawang
May 19- Tawang Bu mla Pass nit @Tawang
May 20- Tawang -Sangti- Bomdila nit @Bomdila
May 21 -Bomdila to TEZPUR nit @TEZPUR
May 22 -TEZPUR to SHILLONG nit @SHILLONG
May 23 -SHILLONG CITY TOUR nit @SHILLONG
May 24 -SHILLONG - CHERRAPUNJI - SHILLONG nit @SHILLONG
May 25 -SHILLONG - GUWAHATI and GUWAHATI to Mumbai

Also if tour operator is there who can ferry around, please let me know for 11 days, Thank you
dsnaveen21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 21:03   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Guys, Planning for Meghalaya and CHERRAPUNJI in May month, can you please check the itinerary,

Also if tour operator is there who can ferry around, please let me know for 11 days, Thank you
Plan seems perfect. Cater for an additional day at Cherrapunji if you have time. Visit root bridge, Mawlynnong, Dawki etc. Also, Krang Shuri falls. It's really a gem.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 08:57   #132
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Rains start in these parts of India by 1st week of May. Expect foggy roads/rains all the way to Tawang and also in Meghalaya. Plan to cross Sela before 3 PM at any cost both during to and fro journey else you may get struck due to poor visibility due to fog conditions.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 16:03   #133
BHPian

Quote:

Your plan looks good, nothing too rushed. Few suggestions below -

1) Start early from Tezpur to Shillong and finish off Shillong local visits on the same day. That way you can have the 23rd May free for visiting Krang Suri, Dawki and push on to Cherrapunjee for night stay.

2) Utilise full day on 24th May in Cherrapunjee and stay the night there if your flight is late in the evening next day. Else, come back to Shillong or Guwahati in the evening and catch the flight leisurely.

Barring Tawang route, roads are excellent all over, so no worries. Even Tawang route is greatly improved and should not be any trouble at all (subject to weather).

And don't worry about tour operators, there are plenty. Do pm me if you require any, can connect you to them.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 27th February 2020 at 16:06.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 20:39   #134
BHPian

Take a bow Sir. I must say you are a superb storyteller. Recently I've watched a vlog by a guy on youtube. they travelled all the way from Noida to Tawang in their XUV500. While reading your TL it fealt like i was practically watching a movie with their video and your turn by turn guide. Tawang is in my scheme of things and your TL will be very helpful in my planning.

Thank You.
Sujoy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 07:31   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy76 View Post
Take a bow Sir. I must say you are a superb storyteller. Recently I've watched a vlog by a guy on Youtube. they travelled all the way from Noida to Tawang in their XUV500. While reading your TL it fealt like i was practically watching a movie with their video and your turn by turn guide. Tawang is in my scheme of things and your TL will be very helpful in my planning.

Thank You.
Thank you very much sir. Really glad and humbled that you liked it. Please do take the liberty to trouble me when you plan Tawang, if I can help in anyway possible.
(I travelled in 2016 though. My inputs may he outdated though).

Still, whatever I could help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks